You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Re: You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by BoSoxGal »

Funny thing is that he thinks he looks brilliantly skeptical, and you’d never convince him otherwise.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

In the latest attempt to shield Donald Trump from prosecution for his crimes, Georgia Republicans are trying to amend the state constitution to strip the Fulton County DA's power to investigate and charge him for his violations of state election laws:
A week ago, Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis revealed she opened a criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump’s attempts to overturn the election.

A day later, a group of Georgia Senate Republicans sought to make future investigations of election fraud a statewide affair.

Senate Resolution 100 calls for a constitutional amendment that would require a statewide grand jury for “any crime involving voting, elections, or a violation of the election laws of this state and all related crimes.”

That would mean that Willis or other local prosecutors would have to empanel a grand jury from beyond their territories, drawing in more residents from rural, conservative corners of the state.

The legislation, which boasts 25 GOP co-sponsors, is unlikely to pass. It would require a two-thirds vote in the General Assembly and a majority vote on next year’s ballot.

Even if it did pass, the measure wouldn’t influence Willis’ current investigation. In her letter to state officials, Willis said the next Fulton County grand jury is set to convene in March and that her office “will begin requesting grand jury subpoenas” at that time.

Still, state Sen. Steve Gooch (R-Dahlonega), who introduced the measure, said it deserves a deeper look.

“Creating a statewide grand jury focuses on election and voting crimes,” said Gooch, R-Dahlonega. “It makes investigation and prosecution more efficient. And it’s an important step to restoring confidence that every legal vote should count -- and only legal votes.”
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

At the current CPAC conference. "Christian" Republicans engaging in literal idolatry.

And WTF is with the flip flops?

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I've heard of a golden calf, but this is the first time I've seen a golden ass.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Big RR wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:10 pm
I've heard of a golden calf, but this is the first time I've seen a golden ass.
:lol: :ok

It's only gold spray paint, tho.
GAH!

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

I never want to see that ass again.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Scooter wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:23 pm
At the current CPAC conference. "Christian" Republicans engaging in literal idolatry.

And WTF is with the flip flops?

According to the 'artist', it was made in Mexico ..... :lol:

Thanks, Donald, for helping Make Rosarita Great Again.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

If Trump is supposed to be God,

when is his crucifixion scheduled?

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

More hilarity at CPAC, could they not have found a neo-Nazi who could carry a tune?

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

She was singing in the key of B flat.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

All keys matter.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Back to the golden idol--can anybody read what is on the paper in his hand?

snailgate

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Burning Petard wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:35 am
Back to the golden idol--can anybody read what is on the paper in his hand?

snailgate
If you enlarge this image (right-click on the picture, select 'view image', and use ctrl-scroll on your mouse to make the picture bigger)

you'll see it says "We The People".  So it's supposed to be a copy of the Constitution.

Whether the rest of the text is the Preamble and the Constitution as it was written in the 1700s — or the way the Repugnicunts wish it was written now — is something else again.
-"BB"-

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Damn you! God damn you all to Hell!
Trump_Planet-of-Apes.jpg
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Stealing it.

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Greene thinks US territory of Guam is a foreign country that doesn't deserve aid

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) included the U.S. territory of Guam when listing foreign nations that she says are receiving American tax dollars.

Greene made the comments on Feb. 27, the second day of the annual Conservative Political Action Conference, in Orlando, Florida, in one of the event's side sessions.

"We believe our hard-earned tax dollars should just go for America. Not for, what? China, Russia, the Middle East, Guam, whatever, wherever," said Greene.

Guam has been a part of the United States since 1899, ceded to the United States by Spain in accordance with the Treaty of Paris that ended the Spanish-American War in 1898.

People born in Guam are U.S. citizens. More than 160,000 Americans live in Guam, and 7,000 members of the American military are stationed at U.S. Naval Base Guam and Andersen Air Force Base on the island.

While citizens of Guam cannot vote in presidential elections, in 2020 Republicans in the territory caucused during the primaries and awarded 9 delegates to Donald Trump, helping him to secure the Republican presidential nomination.

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

This woman makes Sarah Palin look like a Rhodes scholar.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

And Michele Bachmann sane.

-- Author unknown

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Trump supporter won't take COVID vaccine
because 'he didn’t develop it -- scientists did'

Brad Reed
March 08, 2021

A supporter of former President Donald Trump says she will not take the novel coronavirus vaccines because the former president was not personally involved in their creation.

In an interview with the Washington Post, an 80-year-old Trump voter from Oklahoma named Margaret says that she will not get the COVID-19 vaccine even though the first vaccines for the virus were announced in the final months of the Trump administration.

"He didn't develop the vaccine," she said in justifying her lack of trust in in the vaccine. "Scientists did it."

Margaret's comments are part of a larger story in the Post about diehard Trump supporters who are refusing to take any vaccines, which could jeopardize America's chances of achieving herd immunity and ending the pandemic that so far has killed 525,000 Americans.

"A Kaiser Family Foundation poll released last month found that 28 percent of Republicans said they would 'definitely not' get vaccinated, and another 18 percent said they would 'wait and see' before getting a shot," the Post notes.

Even though Trump told the Conservative Political Action Conference last month that all Americans should get vaccinated, one former Trump official complains to the Post that Trump waited months before publicly promoting vaccinations.

"I wish it had been earlier," the official comments. "He's the only one that can get to these people."
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

dales

Post by dales »

Try an extra-large suppository.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato