You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Re: You really, really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by BoSoxGal »

It’s funny except when you consider his recent unscheduled visit to Walter Reed and his steadily increasing incidents of word mush at the podiums and before the press. Something is really not right with the most powerful man on earth.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

I'm fairly sure that Dr. Ray's diagnosis is most nearly correct.

Edited to add more words.
Last edited by RayThom on Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Aha! Finally we meet the poor man responsible for ordering all those fast food hamberders!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Nunes Compares Trump With George Washington

House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Devin Nunes, R-Calif., compared President Donald Trump to George Washington in his opening statement at Wednesday's impeachment hearing, The Washington Post reported.

"The Democrats fake outrage that President Trump used his own channel to communicate with Ukraine," Nunes said. "I remind my friends on the other side of the aisle that our first president, George Washington, directed his own diplomatic channels to secure a treaty with Great Britain. If my Democratic colleagues were around in 1794, they'd probably want to impeach him, too."

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., backed up his colleague by posting Nunes' remarks on his own Twitter account.

Nunes was referring to Washington sending Supreme Court Chief Justice John Jay to England to work out a treaty with King George III in an attempt to keep the United States out of another war with Great Britain, according to the Daily Mail.

But University of Texas law Prof. Stephen Vladeck pointed out what he said was a key difference in the incidents, writing in a tweet:

"The reason why that treaty is called the 'Jay Treaty' is because Washington sent the Chief Justice of the United States to negotiate it on behalf of the country (as opposed to for his own personal benefit)."[Yeah, well, there is that...]

Others on Twitter mocked what Nunes had to say.

"Nunes compared Trump to Washington. George Washington cut the cherry tree down and Donald Trump asked the cherry tree if it had any dirt on Joe Biden," Dave Matt wrote.
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/devin- ... id/942585/
ImageImageImage

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

:loon Trump wonders why the Centennial of the 19th Amendment took 100 years to happen...

...and concludes that it's happening now because he's President now, and gets things done. :roll:
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

RayThom

You really, REALLY couldn't make this shit up

Post by RayThom »

What a hypocrite.

This from the pussy grabbing POTUS who postponed the printing of the $20 dollar bill honoring the champion of Women's Suffrage, Harriet Tubman, until he's out of office.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Thanks Ray - I learn stuff here - I was not aware of Tubman's suffragist activities - I had to look it up.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Ohio bill orders doctors to ‘reimplant ectopic pregnancy’ or face 'abortion murder' charges

A bill to ban abortion introduced in the Ohio state legislature requires doctors to “reimplant an ectopic pregnancy” into a woman’s uterus – a procedure that does not exist in medical science – or face charges of “abortion murder”.

This is the second time practising obstetricians and gynecologists have tried to tell the Ohio legislators that the idea is currently medically impossible.

The move comes amid a wave of increasingly severe anti-abortion bills introduced across much of the country as conservative Republican politicians seek to ban abortion and force a legal showdown on abortion with the supreme court.

Ohio’s move on ectopic pregnancies – where an embryo implants on the mother’s fallopian tube rather than her uterus rendering the pregnancy unviable – is one of the most extreme bills to date.

“I don’t believe I’m typing this again but, that’s impossible,” wrote Ohio obstetrician and gynecologist Dr David Hackney on Twitter. “We’ll all be going to jail,” he said.

An ectopic pregnancy is a life-threatening condition, which can kill a woman if the embryonic tissue grows unchecked.

In addition to ordering doctors to do the impossible or face criminal charges, House Bill 413 bans abortion outright and defines a fertilized egg as an “unborn child”.

It also appears to punish doctors, women and children as young as 13 with “abortion murder” if they “perform or have an abortion”. This crime is punishable by life in prison. Another new crime, “aggravated abortion murder”, is punishable by death, according to the bill.

The bill is sponsored by representatives Candice Keller and Ron Hood, and co-sponsored by 19 members of Ohio’s 99-member House.

Mike Gonidakis, the president of the anti-abortion group Ohio Right to Life, declined to comment on the bill, and said he was still reading the legislation because, it’s “approximately 700 pages long”. He said his office is “taking off the rest of the week for Thanksgiving”.

The Guardian also contacted the Susan B Anthony List, a national anti-abortion organization. The organization did not reply to a request for comment.

Keller, Hood and eight of the bill’s 19 co-sponsors did not reply to requests for comment. The Ohio Prosecuting Attorneys Association also did not reply to a request for comment.

Ohio passed a six-week abortion ban last summer. The “heartbeat bill”, as supporters called it, banned abortion before most women know they are pregnant. Reproductive rights groups immediately sued, and the bill never went into effect. Abortion is legal in all 50 US states.

In May, researcher Dr David Grossman argued reimplanting a fertilized egg or embryo is “pure science fiction” in a Twitter thread that went viral in May, when the bill was first introduced.

“There is no procedure to reimplant an ectopic pregnancy,” said Dr Chris Zahn, vice-president of practice activities at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. “It is not possible to move an ectopic pregnancy from a fallopian tube, or anywhere else it might have implanted, to the uterus,” he said.

“Reimplantation is not physiologically possible. Women with ectopic pregnancies are at risk for catastrophic hemorrhage and death in the setting of an ectopic pregnancy, and treating the ectopic pregnancy can certainly save a mom’s life,” said Zahn.

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Christian prophet Mark Taylor: John McCain faked his cancer to ‘save his reputation’

During an appearance on the The Daily Renegade’s Apolo-Neering program, “Firefighter Prophet” Mark Taylor predicted that former President Barack Obama will be executed for treason, adding that Obama may try to claim Kenyan citizenship to avoid being executed — or fake an illness just like John McCain did.

According to Taylor, Obama “has committed so many treasonous acts.”

“This guy is the biggest fraud in American history. He wasn’t even born here,” he said, adding that “justice can get ugly sometimes,” especially when it comes to “executions.”

“John McCain was executed,” Taylor declared. “We know that. He had a military tribunal and he was executed. He didn’t have cancer. That was his exit strategy to try to save his reputation; whatever reputation he had, which wasn’t much.”

Regarding Obama’s alleged impending execution, Taylor gave himself an out in the event that his prediction somehow isn’t reported in the media when it comes to pass.

“Now we may never know that he’s been executed or some of these people have been executed; their exit strategy may be that they come down with a funky disease and then we no longer see them anymore.”

-- Author unknown

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

:loon :loon :loon :loon :loon
ImageImageImage

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

I'm no prophet by I envision “Firefighter Prophet” Mark Taylor's tongue soothing a raging flareup of hemorrhoids on president Trump's anal sphincter.

With the help of some divine intervention I hope he, too, gets a dose of fatal fake cancer, or is executed -- whatever comes first.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I think that after 16 pages and 713 posts, that one may be the all-time "couldn't make this shit up" champion...

(at least so far...)

That's some very serious nuthouse shit goin' down there.... :?
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

And to think that when he votes, his vote counts just as yours or mine.
As I said once before, we don't really need a citizenship test for the candidates as much as we need an intelligence test for the voters.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

rubato

Post by rubato »

I have to say John McCain is faking dead with great success.

yrs,
rubato

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I'm hoping he's haunting Lindsey Graham...
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

rubato wrote:I have to say John McCain is faking dead with great success.

yrs,
rubato
Not so, gentle rubato. He really is dead. But not of cancer. You see, he was executed by . . . well, by "them". The same people who will execute Obama. . . but we may never know when it happens because BHO will also fake his own death from some disease or just old age. Mind you, the announcement that he's claimed Kenyan citizenship will be a bit of a giveaway.

This entire "prophet" phenomenon is amazing. This guy is right up there with Harold Camping and Marshall Applewhite (both of whom probably faked their own death and genuinely are alive right now communing with interplanetary psychics of various body types)
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Scooter wrote:
Christian prophet Mark Taylor: John McCain faked his cancer to ‘save his reputation’

During an appearance on the The Daily Renegade’s Apolo-Neering program, “Firefighter Prophet” Mark Taylor predicted that former President Barack Obama will be executed for treason, adding that Obama may try to claim Kenyan citizenship to avoid being executed — or fake an illness just like John McCain did.

According to Taylor, Obama “has committed so many treasonous acts.”

“This guy is the biggest fraud in American history. He wasn’t even born here,” he said, adding that “justice can get ugly sometimes,” especially when it comes to “executions.”

“John McCain was executed,” Taylor declared. “We know that. He had a military tribunal and he was executed. He didn’t have cancer. That was his exit strategy to try to save his reputation; whatever reputation he had, which wasn’t much.”

Regarding Obama’s alleged impending execution, Taylor gave himself an out in the event that his prediction somehow isn’t reported in the media when it comes to pass.

“Now we may never know that he’s been executed or some of these people have been executed; their exit strategy may be that they come down with a funky disease and then we no longer see them anymore.”
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?