Rudy Giuliani's greatest hits

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Crackpot

Re: Rudy Giuliani's greatest hits

Post by Crackpot »

You hear that Muller interview Trump and get a bonus gift!
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

What?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

“Over my dead body,” Giuliani said on “Fox News Sunday.” “But you know, I could be dead.”
That would certainly explain a lot...

The past few years we've been seeing Zombie Rudy...

ImageImageImage

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

he has lived down to my every expectation.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

‘I never said there was no collusion’ between Trump campaign and Russia, says Giuliani

WASHINGTON—President Donald Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani now says he “never said there was no collusion” between Russia and members of Trump’s 2016 White House campaign, contradicting public positions that he and his client have taken.

Giuliani, who previously called the idea of Russian collusion “total fake news,” appears to have left open the possibility of improper contacts, in light of court filings in the past year that have detailed ties between Trump aides and Russia.

After his comments in a CNN interview Wednesday night, the former New York City mayor tried to clarify what he meant.

“I represent only the president, not the campaign,” he told The Associated Press in an interview. “And I can only speak of what I know, and that is that I have no knowledge that anyone on the campaign illegally colluded with Russia. But I can only speak definitively about the president, as he is my client.”

In a separate statement Thursday, he said that “there was no collusion by President Trump in any way, shape or form” and that he had “no knowledge of any collusion by any of the thousands of people who worked on the campaign.”

That was an apparent reversal from the Wednesday television appearance in which he said, “I never said there was no collusion between the campaign or between people in the campaign.”

It was not clear whether Giuliani in the television interview was reflecting a new position or talking point from the Trump legal team or was making a strategic attempt to get ahead of potentially damaging findings from special counsel Robert Mueller, who has been investigating potential co-ordination between Russia and the president’s campaign.

Either way, the comment reflected a stark turnabout from long-standing denials by the White House and Trump advisers of improper collusion, and it underscored how the president’s lawyers have adapted their message and defences as additional revelations have emerged.

In November 2016, for instance, Trump spokesperson Hope Hicks said, “There was no communication between the campaign and any foreign entity during the campaign.” Trump himself has repeatedly insisted there was no collusion during his successful White House run.

In a Fox News interview last May, Giuliani described the idea of Russian collusion as “total fake news” and said, “Unfortunately, it has become the basis of the investigation. Mueller owes us a report saying that Russia collusion means nothing, it didn’t happen.”
It was a toss up whether to put this here or in the "you really couldn't make this shit up" thread.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Is this the same Rudy Giuliani that said collusion is not a crime?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

From Jim Wright on Facebook:
  • So, to recap:

No collusion.

Totally no collusion, you're the collusion.

Okay, some collusion but collusion isn't a crime.

Okay, FINE, there was collusion and yes collusion is a crime and there was a LOT of collusion but the criminal collusion was by dozens of people who surrounded Trump on a daily basis including his own sons and son-in-law and who ran every aspect of his campaign and managed all of his intimate affairs and were actual members of his family but Trump himself was totally oblivious to this collusion with the Russians and had nothing to do with it and we would have gotten away with it if wasn't for those meddling kids and also what about Hillary huh huh?!?!

As much as these people lie, you'd think they would be better at it.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

It's sad to see what dementia does to a guy who was an ass to begin with. It's just not pretty.

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Rudy's head looks like a light bulb.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Hey kids, if it's Sunday morning, what time is it?

IT'S HOWDY RUDY TIME!
Giuliani: Discussions on Trump Tower in Moscow were 'active' throughout 2016 election

Rudy Giuliani says plans to build a Trump Tower in Moscow remained an "active proposal" as late as November of 2016.

This leaves open the possibility that Trump's orbit continued to pursue the business deal up until the presidential election, months later than previously known.

President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani said Sunday that plans to build a Trump Tower in Moscow remained an "active proposal" as late as November of 2016, leaving open the possibility that Trump's orbit continued to pursue the business deal up until the presidential election, months later than previously known.

Appearing on NBC's "Meet the Press," Giuliani said the president has told him he can "remember having conversations" with his former lawyer, Michael Cohen, about the project well into 2016. Cohen has pleaded guilty to lying to Congress about the timeline of his involvement in that proposal, admitting that he worked on it through June of 2016 after initially saying it ended at the beginning of that year.

"It's our understanding that they went on throughout 2016," Giuliani said of the discussions, adding that there "weren't a lot of them, but there were conversations. Can't be sure of the exact date," Giuliani said, referring to written questions Trump and his lawyers have answered from special counsel Robert Mueller's office.

"Probably could be up to as far as October, November. Our answers cover until the election. So anytime during that period they could've talked about it. But the president's recollection of it is that the thing had petered out quite a bit."

"I would say Michael Cohen would have a much better recollection of it than the president," Giuliani added. "It was much more important to him. That was his sole mission. The president was running for president of the United States. So you have to expect there's not going to be a great deal of concentration on a project that never went anywhere."

Also appearing on "Meet the Press," Virginia Democratic Senator Mark Warner said that the idea that negotiations could have continued into November was "big news."

"That is news to me, and that is big news. Why, two years after the fact, are we just learning this fact now when there's been this much inquiry?" Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, asked.

"I would think most voters — Democrat, Republican, independent, you name it — that knowing that the Republican nominee was actively trying to do business in Moscow, that the Republican nominee at least at one point had offered, if he built this building, Vladimir Putin, a free-penthouse apartment, and if those negotiations were ongoing up until the election, I think that's a relevant fact for voters to know. And I think it's remarkable we are two years after the fact and just discovering it today."
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/20/giulian ... tion-.html

Good ol' Rudy The Clown...

On those rare occasions when Trump actually manages to catch a break (like the Mueller push-back on the Buzzfeed story) you can always count him to pull out the cream pies and seltzer water...
ImageImageImage

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Giuliani's evolving explanation of Trump's Russian Connection (from the Washington Post):
1. November 2016: No communications, period
2. February 2017: There were no communications, “to the best of our knowledge”
3. March 2017: There were communications, but no planned meetings with Russians
4. July 8, 2017: There was a planned meeting at Trump Tower, but it was “primarily” about adoption and not the campaign
5. July 9, 2017: The meeting was planned to discuss the campaign, but the information exchanged wasn't “meaningful” 6. December 2017: Collusion isn't even a crime
7. May 16, 2018: Even if meaningful information were obtained, it wasn't used
8. May 19, 2018: There was a *second* planned meeting about foreign help in the election, but nothing came of it either
9. July 16, 2018: Trump couldn't collude, because Trump didn't even know Putin
10. July 30, 2018: Collusion isn't a crime, and Trump wasn't physically at the Trump Tower meeting
11. January 16, 2019: Trump didn’t collude, but no guarantees on others in the campaign
source

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

'So what?' Lawyer Giuliani says it doesn't matter if Trump and Cohen discussed congressional testimony

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani left open Sunday the possibility that Trump and former personal attorney Michael Cohen might have discussed Cohen’s congressional testimony.

But, he added, “so what” if he did?

Giuliani appeared Sunday on CNN, where he said he did not know if Trump had discussed with Cohen a 2017 congressional interview at which Cohen has admitted lying about a Trump Tower real estate project in Moscow. He also acknowledged in a separate interview with NBC News that conversations about that project stretched throughout 2016, including possibly up until October or November of that year.

The question arose in light of a Buzzfeed News report from last week that said Trump had instructed Cohen to lie to Congress and that Cohen relayed that to special counsel Robert Mueller’s team of investigators. Mueller’s office took the unusual step of issuing a statement disputing the story.

Giuliani said on interviews with CNN and NBC News that Trump never directed Cohen to lie. But on CNN he acknowledged the possibility that Trump and Cohen might have discussed Cohen’s testimony, saying that while he had no knowledge of such a conversation, he wasn’t ruling it out.

“I don’t know if it happened or didn’t happen,” Giuliani said, later adding, “And so what if he talked to him about it?”

Giuliani’s suggestion to NBC that dialogue about the Trump Tower project could have stretched into the fall of 2016 extends the timeline beyond what the president has publicly acknowledged. Cohen pleaded guilty to lying to Congress by saying that he had abandoned the project in January 2016 even though prosecutors say he actually continued pursuing it into that June.

Giuliani said on NBC’s “Meet The Press” that Trump could recall having conversations with Cohen about the project throughout 2016, though there “weren’t a lot of them.”

“The president also remembers — yeah, probably up — could be up to as far as October, November,” Giuliani said. “Our answers cover until the election. So anytime during that period they could’ve talked about it. But the president’s recollection of it is that the, the thing had petered out quite a bit.”

Giuliani made a similar comment last month on ABC News when he suggested that the president knew that Cohen was pursuing the project well into 2016.

“According to the answer that he gave, it would have covered all the way up to — covered up to November, 2016. Said he had conversations with him but the president didn’t hide this,” Giuliani said.
"It didn't happen, but even if it did, it doesn't matter." They know something is coming down the pike or there would be no reason to be pivoting like this.

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Giuliani says he worries his gravestone will say 'He lied for Trump'

President Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani said in an interview published Sunday that he worries his legacy will be that he "lied for Trump," but claimed that he has been truthful in his work as an attorney.

"I am afraid it will be on my gravestone. 'Rudy Giuliani: He lied for Trump.' Somehow, I don’t think that will be it," Giuliani said in an interview with The New Yorker.

"But, if it is, so what do I care?" he continued. "I’ll be dead. I figure I can explain it to St. Peter. He will be on my side, because I am, so far … I don’t think, as a lawyer, I ever said anything that’s untruthful."

"I have a sense of ethics that is as high as anybody you can imagine," Giuliani added. Image"I’ve been doing this forever. I am doing what I believe in. I may not always be right, but I am doing what I believe. And I believe [Trump] has been treated horribly."

Giuliani, who joined Trump's legal team in April, has in recent days sought to clarify or walk back a number of statements regarding talks to build a Trump Tower in Moscow during the 2016 presidential race.

The former New York City mayor said Sunday that Trump remembered having conversations about the real estate project with his former attorney Michael Cohen "throughout 2016" and "as far as October, November."

On Monday, he maintained that his comments about the timeline were "hypothetical."

Cohen pleaded guilty last year to lying to Congress about when negotiations for a Trump Tower in Moscow concluded, among other crimes. Cohen said while pleading guilty that efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow lasted until June 2016.

Last week, Giuliani said in an interview on CNN that he "never said there was no collusion" between the Trump campaign and Russia, claiming only that Trump himself was not involved in collusion.

He sought to clarify those comments the next day, issuing a statement that he has "no knowledge of any collusion by any of the thousands of people who worked on the campaign.”

-- Author unknown

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Oh, please. You won't need a gravestone; he doesn't need to be dead to have a sign that says "Here lies Rudy Giuliani".
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

"I have a sense of ethics that is as high as anybody you can imagine,"
He must think people don't have much capacity for imagining...
ImageImageImage

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

datsunaholic wrote:Oh, please. You won't need a gravestone; he doesn't need to be dead to have a sign that says "Here lies Rudy Giuliani".
:ok :lol:
You could put up hundreds of those signs all over DC and NYC....
God @The Tweet of God