Election 2020

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Crackpot

Re: Election 2020

Post by Crackpot »

Ray he was forced out due to being Anti-Trump and being vocally against Trumps many Anti-constitutional policies. He is no trump fan.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

RayThom

Election 2020

Post by RayThom »

Crackpot wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:28 pm
... Ray he was forced out due to being Anti-Trump and being vocally against Trumps many Anti-constitutional policies. He is no trump fan.
Nor are any real and true Repubs Trump fans but they loathe to vote for Biden, and they know a vote for Amash, which may not be considered wasted, would not accomplish anything other than conscience cleansing.

They're Republicans, that ain't going to happen.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

This image seems relevant.

ETA (from Jim Wright):
Libertarians: We hate ourselves. We hate each other. Every rational human being hates us. But, is there perhaps a way we could be hated even MORE?

Justin Amash: I have an idea...

Imagine being Justin Amash, and you want to run for president but neither the Republicans or Democrats will have you, so you throw in with the Libertarians with the idea that you're selflessly giving Americans more choices.

Riiiight.

More choices. That's like saying you're starving and you choices are some food that you find unpalatable, some poisoned food that will eventually kill you, OR some poisoned food that will kill you but in a really terrible and painful way. Yah! Choices!

A Libertarian is just a Republican who is embarrassed by the Republican Party but agrees with Republican policies so long as those Republican policies apply only to others and not him. A libertarian is just a conservative who doesn't think Republicans are selfish enough.

Let him run. Anyone who'd vote Libertarian, or for Jesse Ventura and the Green Party, isn't anybody who would ever be your ally anyway.

Unless you're looking to die in a really painful way.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

(Should say 60,000...must be a few days old.)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

He's right.  If I ran a business and had an employee (or group of employees) who fucked up that badly, they'd be out the door so fast their shadows would be three minutes behind them and running like hell to keep up.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

RayThom

Election 2020

Post by RayThom »

Check this out. The link takes you to a regional online news and information site. The Patch ran a survey regarding how the fed and state governments have been handling the COVID pandemic. In particular, the second graph is directed solely at Trump and his performance during the crisis.

Keep in mind, PA is a swing state that went for the Orange Cheeto in 2016. However, the graph indicates that on a scale of almost two to one PA voters are now very dissatisfied with the Big Grifter's performance. If this holds true, I'm confident that my state will return to BLUE on Election Day.

Trump In Disfavor
https://patch.com/pennsylvania/cranberr ... p-disfavor

C'mon November 3rd.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Did Biden actually utter the words "Economic intercourse" a couple days ago?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

From those good folks at Republicans For The Rule Of Law:

Needless to say that as a Never Trump Republican, I don't get much chance to take take any pride in the efforts of other Republicans...(most of whom are of the Vichy variety)

So it does make me feel good when I see that some of the best quality and most effective anti-Trump advertising frequently comes from The Lincoln Project and the Republicans For The Rule Of Law...

A lot of experienced, talented, and savvy political marketing folks using their talents on behalf of the best interests of their country involved with those groups... :ok
ImageImageImage

RayThom

Election 2020

Post by RayThom »

Lord Jim wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:10 pm
... So it does make me feel good when I see that some of the best quality and most effective anti-Trump advertising frequently comes from The Lincoln Project and the Republicans For The Rule Of Law...
These are the types of solid, principled, Repub candidates I would split my ticket for. I haven't done so in many years.

Once Trump and Pence, and their ilk, are banished forever maybe I'll revert back to my old voting habits.

Maybe.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Apparently this latest ad from The Lincoln Project drove Il Boobce into an apoplectic twitter rage last night...

"It's Mourning In America"...

ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Trump's mad about copying of Reagan's Morning in a America slogan? Mourning in America is clever word play while this really did lead to outright plagiarism:

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I saw this morning that e new Quinnpiac poll has Trump ahead of Biden among men by two points... :oops:

But Biden leads by 20 points among women...

ImageImageImage

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Trump's 'juggernaut' re-election bid like the Death Star, campaign boss boasts

Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign manager raised eyebrows on Thursday by comparing Trump’s re-election efforts to a massive space weapon designed to obliterate peaceful planets.

Brad Parscale, a digital marketing expert turned Trump champion, used Twitter to declare that the Trump re-election campaign had constructed a “Death Star”, a reference to the fictional Star Wars space station capable of destroying planets with a big laser.

“For nearly three years we have been building a juggernaut campaign (Death Star). It is firing on all cylinders. Data, Digital, TV, Political, Surrogates, Coalitions, etc,” Parscale said.

He added, ominously: “In a few days we start pressing FIRE for the first time.”

The tweet contained a gif of the Star Wars Death Star – a sprawling spherical construction capable of housing more than a million military personnel, and another 400,000 droids – apparently preparing to fire its laser at an unknown target.

In a follow-up tweet, Parscale said the Trump campaign had assembled an “enormous lead in cash”. He said that Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee “won’t know what hit him”.

It is not the first time the Trump campaign has drawn parallels between the president and a movie. In December 2019 the “Trump War Room” – Trump’s re-election effort – cut together a picture of Trump as Thanos, a fictional comic-book super villain who erased 50% of the world’s population.

For a while last year, some of his online policy presentations mimicked the TV series Game of Thrones.

Parscale’s comparison between the effort to elect Trump to four more years in office and a terrifyingly powerful space weapon designed to cow any potential resisters into obedience drew intrigue.

“Nicknaming your presidential reelection campaign ‘Death Star’ in the middle of a pandemic that has already killed 70k+ people is an interesting choice,” wrote journalist Jedd Legum.

The fictional Death Star, which was built using forced labor, was capable of moving at light speed and actually had thousands of weapons besides the large, planet-destroying laser.

For all its perceived might, however, the Death Star was actually destroyed, as many pointed out on Twitter, while Gary Whitta, a screenwriter who co-wrote the movie Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, offered further information.

“You do understand that the people who built the Death Star were the bad guys, right?” Whitta wrote.

“Also they lost.”
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Just read a comment to the latest essay from Jim Wright's "Stonekettle": Voting is just like driving, if you want to go forward pick 'D' and if you want to go backwards, pick 'R'

snailgate.

dales

Post by dales »

Stupid analogy.

I shift for myself.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Start of Biden's January 2021 inauguration speech leaked: "My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over. Our Constitution works; our great Republic is a government of laws and not of men. Here the people rule".

Trump claims people are saying it's plag... pelagian... a bad, very bad copycat thing.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Monmoth polling last week had Trump underwater against Biden among voters 65 and older by 12 points in both the battleground states of Pennsylvania and Florida,,,

It appears that becoming a "GDP Martyr" (what Il Boobce likes to call "warriors") isn't particularly popular with this group..

And now that Trump has made crystal clear that he knows more people in this group will be killed by his big "open now" push (a desperate move which will ultimately fail to achieve his economic improvement objective, at the cost of tens of thousands needless deaths) he's made clear just where their well being ranks on his list of priorities...

In 2016, support from these voters was critical to his victory. If he looses them in the key states, it's really difficult to see how he eeks out another narrow path to victory...

When I look at this and a number of other factors, for the first time I'm really starting to feel optimistic about at least one positive from this excruciating catastrophe,,,

The likelihood of being rid of him this November... :ok
ImageImageImage

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over. Our Constitution works; our great Republic is a government of laws and not of men. Here the people rule".
- President Gerald R. Ford, August 9th, 1974
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Lord Jim wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 10:23 am
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over. Our Constitution works; our great Republic is a government of laws and not of men. Here the people rule".
- President Gerald R. Ford, August 9th, 1974
No shit. Really Jim?