Brexit On The Brink...

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
rubato

Re: Brexit On The Brink...

Post by rubato »

I did not say “all” brexiteers.

But it does not matter what the source of the delusion is, it is still a delusion that they can dictate terms. Econoline’s post said the same thing. And I know this because the idiots say so the the press all the time.

And don’t spoil my fun! Even a psychiatric orderly knows that it is unprofessional to taunt people with a psychiatric disorder. So eitherGob is unfit to be even a semi-professional or he knows the charge is false making his accusation idiotic. Either way I get a good laugh at his expense. Don’t discourage him. “Never wise up a chump..”. William Claude Dukenfield.

eight year olds don’t repeat the same joke that many times.

Yrs,
Rubato

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

To clarify, I am not defending your tender feelings, rubato.

I too have worked with, and am also related to, persons with an Aspergers diagnosis; my comments stand as an admonition against offending any of the posters or readers here who hold a mature perspective on belittling the neuro atypical or mentally ill/disordered among us.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

ex-khobar Andy wrote: Can you tell me how you diagnose Rube without having met him?

Years of dealing with his vile, snide, racist, crap, and his lack of any flexibility in thinking/monotonous bilge spewing. It's not a diagnosis, it's a prediction.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

rubato wrote:I did not say “all” brexiteers.
You said " UK Brexiteers are afflicted with the belief that they are still an empire and can dictate terms to the rest of the world when in fact they are a fraction of the EU."

A stupid and unqualified perspectiuve, from a stupid and unqualified man.

But it does not matter what the source of the delusion is, it is still a delusion that they can dictate terms.

Nope, no one is trying to " dictate" terms you ignorant moron, by Christ you're a fuckwit. We have been involved in the NEGOTIATION of terms for three years.
Econoline’s post said the same thing.
Econoline's post was a joke/parody, unfortunately your Aspergers prevents you understanding that Richard.
And I know this because the idiots say so the the press all the time.
LOL!! Yes, they do...
And don’t spoil my fun! Even a psychiatric orderly knows that it is unprofessional to taunt people with a psychiatric disorder.
An admittance you have a psychiatric disorder, how good of you. However, Asperger's is not a psychiatric disorder it's a developmental disorder on the autism scales. Your ignorance of your own condition is starting.
So eitherGob is unfit to be even a semi-professional or he knows the charge is false making his accusation idiotic.

Gob is retired, and casting aspersions about a weak-willed, cowardly, shit-for brains, on a forum is not "unprofessional", it's great fun.
Either way I get a good laugh at his expense.
I'm glad, your life is so bereft of any pleasure due to your condition, that I am pleased to bring some joy into it.
Don’t discourage him. “Never wise up a chump..”. William Claude Dukenfield.
We've been trying for years you poor little twat, you should be thanking us.
eight year olds don’t repeat the same joke that many times.
They do, depends on who the joke is aimed at. But there again, you are no expert on children, thank god.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Gob wrote:
ex-khobar Andy wrote: Can you tell me how you diagnose Rube without having met him?
Years of dealing with his vile, snide, racist, crap, and his lack of any flexibility in thinking/monotonous bilge spewing.
Clearly I haven't been paying attention. Like most people on this board, Rube sometimes says things I disagree with. But on the 'rational posters who construct elegant arguments with which I fully concur' spectrum which ranges from wes and lib at one end (they hang in there at around 2 to 5%) to me at the other end (100%, natch) Rube is somewhere in the middle.

I recall a board, years ago - might have been Car Talk, I don't think it was LCH, when Rube and Harry (ex police, IIRC and quite right wing) were duking it out in one thread on some long-forgotten political issue, and on another thread Rube was helping Harry with a patent application. I remember thinking at the time that this was what the internet was for.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Interesting piece in the Graun about Boris being seen, while Foreign Secretary (Boris is of course Former Foreign Secretary Johnson - usually abbreviated FFS Johnson) at an Italian airport while obviously having slept in his clothes and ditched the security detail. Well we've all had nights like that (OK, not the security guys) but perhaps not at his age. He apparently had spent the night at a party hosted by one Evgeny Lebedev - a British Russian newspaper owner and son of Alexander Lebedev, ex-KGB chief in London. Lebedev Sr was one of the Russian oligarchs who became a billionaire (due of course to hitherto unknown business skills) after the fall of the Soviet Union. Anyway Lebedev Jr apparently holds celebrity-studded parties at his Italian castle. He keeps there a wolf called Boris, apparently.

Boris (FFS, not the wolf) is of course entitled to a private life, even if the cops are called by the neighbours from time to time. (The wolf too I suppose, but the opportunities you have when cooped up in an Italian castle by a Russian oligarch may be limited.) But I'm not sure that this piece shows the country's senior diplomat in the light which best expresses the cultural and political mores of the land. Or maybe it does: I haven't been back for a while.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Private Eye's cover:

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Aw. c'mon, guys ... don't sugarcoat it.  Tell us how you really feel....

Although "The Ego Has Landed" would have been a perfect headline for the day after Trump's inauguration, too.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Post by Gob »

Go into a fish restaurant, order fish.
Get told by the waitress you cannot have the cod you want, but you are allowed to have a small portion of skate, as she likes skate.
But you're only allowed the skate if the cheese shop next door is willing to let you have it.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Gob wrote:Go into a fish restaurant, order fish.
Get told by the waitress you cannot have the cod you want, but you are allowed to have a small portion of skate, as she likes skate.
But you're only allowed the skate if the cheese shop next door is willing to let you have it.
I assume that the 'cheese shop next door' in this analogy is France. If I'm wrong about that I apologize.

Cod in the North Sea have been overfished for generations. Cod don't get to sexually maturity until they are 4 years old which is quite big and well over 'throw it back in' size.

The common skate was once, well, common. It is now on the endangered list. It's not the waitress or the cheese shop telling you that you can't have it: it's nature.

rubato

Post by rubato »

He can have Icelandic cod which hit historic population levels in 2016. Or Norwegian cod.

yrs,
rubato

RayThom

Brexit On The Brink...

Post by RayThom »

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Up until that fateful moment, he had been a codnostic....

wesw

Post by wesw »

seems that brexit may have already happened on march 29

seems that boris may be withdrawing the govt defense of the tillbrke (?) case claiming that the article 50 extension was illegal

jeff taylor on the lubetube is the go to guy for brexit info.

wesw

Post by wesw »

abcdefghijklmnpqrstuvwxyz....

seems that my (insert missing vwel here) is malfunctining

wesw

Post by wesw »

hey andy!!!!!

I am perfectly capable f presenting reasoned and well thught ut arguments and yu damn well knw it!!!!!

I chse nt t d s that is all!!!!!

when in rme.....

I will admit that it is mre difficult when yu can t have an 0

dammit I am g0ing t have t0 use zer0es.....

and even that amuses me.

as d0es screwing with the m0nkeys

I ntice that y0u never criticize sc00ter fr his filthy accusations and insults.

scared 0f the gay mafia r just willfully ignorant?

0f curse when he calls pe0ple inbred retards 0r things t that effect, 0r when he refers t the genitalia and sex habits 0f members, and their families, y0u have zipp0 t say abut it

0r maybe I am wrng and y0u just have him 0n ign0re

well, this missing 0 thing even ann0ys me, s0 I will just fuck 0f f0r n0w.

rubato

Post by rubato »

wesw wrote:hey andy!!!!!

I am perfectly capable f presenting reasoned and well thught ut arguments and yu damn well knw it!!!!!

I chse nt t d s that is all!!!!!

when in rme.....
...".

So you act like an asshole, know that you are doing so, and expect us to perceive something different?

If you are capable of informed and reasoned argument you have completely concealed any evidence of it.

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:abcdefghijklmnpqrstuvwxyz....

seems that my (insert missing vwel here) is malfunctining
But it worked just fine — six times, in fact — in this sentence:
jeff taylor on the lubetube is the go to guy for brexit info.
And as for calling you out but not Scooter — well, your reaction when someone puts you on the spot is more predictable than anything Scooter might do, and watching you go all a-kerfluffle is far more amusing to boot.  In that respect you're just like your cocky-doody buddy Donnie T. when somebody picks on him.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

wes - here's somewhere you can go to replenish those missing Os:

Around 2:20 is the bit you need. But play the whole thing: they work up to it.