Where Did I Go Wrong?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
RayThom

Where Did I Go Wrong?

Post by RayThom »

How 'bout Domi the Robot and his pal, iRobbie?
ImageImage
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

liberty

Re: Where Did I Go Wrong?

Post by liberty »

dales wrote:I visited my older daughter today.

She showed me her MAGA cap.

WTF?

What is wrong with making America great again?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

"My Struggle" too is a great slogan...
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Why concede that America is not "great" to come up with a stupid slogan?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Big RR wrote:Why concede that America is not "great" to come up with a stupid slogan?

Because we are not great, we are not doing great as a nation. Can a family that is living on their credit card be said to be doing great? The bill will come due someday. The truth is the truth regardless who says it.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:"My Struggle" too is a great slogan...
So you are saying that all slogans are the product of a Hitler like mind.

wesw

Post by wesw »

don t be stupid meade.

you see the antifa fascists in the streets, you see their black masks

you see them holding the hammer and sickle flags and praising commieism

you see them burning signs that read "free speech"

google it on youtube if you can t see it on CNN

they don t hide it.

they scream it in the streets.

and you compare US to Nazis?

(well, maybe lib is...., but I know no one who is a white maionist or KKK or Nazi.

you are never to old to learn or change your mind.

come to jesus again

...and buy ammo, old son

get yourself some water rice and jerky

when antifa and the gangs run wild you will not join them

you are a good man.....

remember joseph and mary

joseph was a good man, he did not send her away

I m sure that she was thought a whore, and jesus a bastard, by many

....but joseph was a good man.

a mighty trumpeting is soundinding to the four corners of this round old earth

answer the call old man, and if you have been fooled, don t continue the path set for you by the deceivers.

you are old, not much to lose now, eh?

I threaten no one, I only defend

liberty is an idea, not a color.

dr king, Frederick douglass, and ghandi are among my heroes

....and nelson mandela.

how dare you compare me to a Nazi, old man

do you really believe that trump is a commie?

c mon, man.

don t close your eyes and ears

Schiff, blumentho, coons, clinto, waters, Pelosi,nadler, schumer, wasserman.schultz, podestas.....

....they are your allies?

c mon, man.....

your mind isn t that feeble yet......

awake oh lion of the past....

...awake, and roar again.

fight the good fight once more dear friend

one more time into the breech

I won t waste more time on you

I ve made my point and I ll leave you alone now.

but I will fight those fascist libert hating bastards with every idea, every word, and every ounce of my being

liberty or death, old son, liberty or death

probably both..... :shrug

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Another good one:
Great teacher, Great leader, Great commander, Great helmsman - Long live chairman Trump!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:Another good one:
Great teacher, Great leader, Great commander, Great helmsman - Long live chairman Trump!
Just thought I'd mention that on most ships, the helmsman is the rating at the wheel whose job is to steer the course that someone else has set.  When one is talking about the ship of state, it is the people, through their elected representatives, who are supposed to be charting the course.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

dales

Post by dales »

Let us hope that our ship is not the Titanic.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Great ship, great. Greater than the Great Eastern. Not as great as the Great Western which had John Wayne. Fine actor. Best ever. Great American. Quiet man. Make great American again. Indians, can I say that? Indians, cowboys. Good people on both sides of the wall. On this side.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

liberty wrote:
Big RR wrote:Why concede that America is not "great" to come up with a stupid slogan?

Because we are not great, we are not doing great as a nation. Can a family that is living on their credit card be said to be doing great? The bill will come due someday. The truth is the truth regardless who says it.

Well you and I have a big difference of opinion as to what constitutes "great". I see a country here where peace reigns for the most part, where the majority of our people have enough to eat and access to modern medical care, where we can travel within the country without restriction and generally without fear of being attacked, where we can all speak our minds and practice any religion we choose (even if it is none), where we still have access to a free and unencumbered press, where people are prosecuted in open public trials, an where most have access to a strong public education and can find work. The vast majority of the world doesn't nearly have it as great. Cans we do better? Sure. Should we? Absolutely. But let's not parse words when you consider how well off we are.

Sure we have problems which we have to deal with--and, as in the past, I'll bet we will (even when it does come time to pay the piper). But that doesn't change the assessment of how well we have it.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:Because we are not great, we are not doing great as a nation. Can a family that is living on their credit card be said to be doing great? The bill will come due someday. The truth is the truth regardless who says it.
Ya know lib, you should come visit. Walk around the "informal" settlement of JB Mafora (if you dare) and tell those people about the suffering of USians living on credit cards. Ask 'em for a donation to help, why not?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Sorry, but that is one massively bogus argument, Meade.

Just because there are children starving in Ethiopia is no reason for me not to be advocating for childhood hunger in the US to be wiped out, even if that hunger looks different.

Just because there is more extreme poverty in other parts of the world is no reason for us to silently accept the extreme disparity in income in the US, and that the vast majority of Americans struggle from paycheck to paycheck, usually slaves to student and consumer debt, living among crumbling infrastructure with often very limited access to healthcare - all while our government engages in an ongoing massive redistribution of wealth and public resources to the top 1%.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Well BSG, I didn't read lib saying any of what you said (with which I agree).

I understood him to speak of people maxing credit cards to maintain their living "standards" (cable TV, tattoos, beer, Kardashian makeovers and so on - as they do).

Perhaps I do him an injustice and he was referring to the poor relying on credit cards just to get by on bread and gruel.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Here I thought Mr. Liberty was speaking of his nation, metaphorically and generally, building the national debt by 77% increase in the last year and increasing the national trade deficit, as if it were a family maxing out a stack of credit cards.

That's how POTUS is Making America Great Again. Same way he made his family business great until it can only get loans from the international equivalent of the neighborhood load shark.

snailgate.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Okay, I see. Americans should understand that until they are eating only bread and gruel, they’re not really poor and have nothing to complain about.

If they use consumer credit to fix the car that gets them to work, or for an unexpected medical or veterinary bill, or plumbing bill, or other mishap - they’re frivolous. Forget that the basic costs on a typical working class or lower middle class salary are very hard to meet with anything left to save, so credit debt once acquired often becomes another endless cost that pushes them further into desperate straits in the face of the next mishap.

Do most Americans spend too much on crap they don’t need? Yes! And if they didn’t, the consumer economy that drives our country wouldn’t exist. They’re being brainwashed to be consumers from earliest childhood and there is almost no space in public and private life that isn’t infiltrated by such marketing media. But yes, let’s turn around and blame the consumers for behaving in exactly the way the capitalist interests demand that they behave.

Let’s not consider the crazy notion that we could raise workers’ wages to meet the same level of increase that CEOs have enjoyed since the 70s - that wouldn’t solve the crisis of consumer and student debt, or the fact that most Americans haven’t got $400 set aside for emergencies and are one or two paychecks from homelessness. Forget paying workers more so they can spend AND save and raise a family without working 2 or more jobs per adult to provide a decent standard of living to that family.

No way! Let’s browbeat those lazy spendthrift good-for-nothings who dare to want roses to go with their bread, in the wealthiest country in the history of the world.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

This is the type if foolishness you post when you interject after paying attention to half of a conversation.

I wonder if she even has an inkling that she’s arguing in favor of MAGA jingoism.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.