trudeau must go

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
liberty

Re: trudeau must go

Post by liberty »

liberty wrote:
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
liberty wrote:But what is the military value of those bases? Do they have a value or is their only purpose to support the economy of Puerto Rico. They are a waste of money and should all be closed down.
Two questions demonstrating complete lack of knowledge. One definitive conclusion based upon complete lack of knowledge. Is this a record?
Well google them and see if you are impressed I wasn’t. If you are impressed you are easy to impress. There was only one base that had a real military mission; it supported a bombing range that has been shut down. It has been a while since I checked, but when I did that base was still in operation.

It turns out there has been some shut downs that is good. They all should be shut down and any real missions they do have moved to red states that support the military.

Sounds like bullshit:

Fort Buchanan is an Army Base located in the northeast region of Puerto Rico near Guaynabo Municipality. It serves over 130,000 military personnel, veterans, and civilians and mostly provides needed services to those personnel who need any number of support facilities. According to the base, its mission is to “provide standardized services and sustainable infrastructure in support of the Armed Forces and the diverse Fort Buchanan community.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I don't have to be impressed. What is impressive is the sweep of your ignorant statements and subsequent frantic searching for justification when you get called on it. BTW, I think the US Military should follow your expert guidance and place all forward deployment bases in. . . oh, North Dakota.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

They all should be shut down and any real missions they do have moved to red states that support the military.
If we were to rigorously follow the "Liberty Doctrine" for national defense I see a substantial problem lib...

Hawaii, California, Oregon and Washington are all "Blue" states...

Where do you propose basing the US Pacific Fleet lib? Idaho?
Last edited by Lord Jim on Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

What's quite sad is that he doesn't realize there are red pigs and blue pigs and probably green ones as well, all with their feet firmly in the military food-trough. And that's not the extent of his not-realizing either! :shock:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

And while the bases may not be "impressive", they are pretty much our only presence in the Caribbean. And providing "support" to the veterans and miltary personnel and families living there (and there are many people from PR in the military--probably as many or more than those from your so-called red states, and many families remain home when their military member is deployed or goes elsewhere) makes a lot of sense if you want to continue having these people volunteer for military service. Add to that maintaining roads and airfields on the island in case military presence is needed in the Caribbean, and I see a lot of value in the bases.

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:I don't have to be impressed. What is impressive is the sweep of your ignorant statements and subsequent frantic searching for justification when you get called on it. BTW, I think the US Military should follow your expert guidance and place all forward deployment bases in. . . oh, North Dakota.
I never said that there are not economic advantages to having a military in your area. The military does a lot social good; many of an unskilled boy entered military and left with a skill that improved his life, but that is not the purpose of the military. And a base does pump money in to a local economy, but that is not the purpose of a military base. The purposed of a military base is to support the fighting ability of the Us military. They did not want the Vieques bombing range, but they wanted to keep the base that supported it. I am glade it closed and would like the rest of the bases to move to a place where they would be more appreciated.

Let me to make something clear here: I don’t give a damn what you or anyone here else think of my motivations. I post for my own reasons. If I google something it is only because I am curious.
Last edited by liberty on Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Big RR wrote:And while the bases may not be "impressive", they are pretty much our only presence in the Caribbean. And providing "support" to the veterans and miltary personnel and families living there (and there are many people from PR in the military--probably as many or more than those from your so-called red states, and many families remain home when their military member is deployed or goes elsewhere) makes a lot of sense if you want to continue having these people volunteer for military service. Add to that maintaining roads and airfields on the island in case military presence is needed in the Caribbean, and I see a lot of value in the bases.
Let them move to Florida

liberty

Post by liberty »

Lord Jim wrote:
They all should be shut down and any real missions they do have moved to red states that support the military.
If we were to rigorously follow the "Liberty Doctrine" for national defense I see a substantial problem lib...

Hawaii, California, Oregon and Washington are all "Blue" states...

Where do you propose basing the US Pacific Fleet lib? Idaho?

How about the Alaskan panhandle or northern Mexico I wouldn’t mind helping them with a little economic stimulus in the form of a military base?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Gee, let's provide that stimulus to Mexico at the expense of bona fide American citizens in the Caribbean? I never thought of you as the internationalist.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

You forget that the village idiot wanted to annex Honduras, which has descended into the chaos of a failed state. I suppose it would have made the cesspool he calls home look good by comparison.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:If I google something it is only because I am curious.
As opposed to actually trying to learn something.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Lib said:

. . . it is only because I am curious.
I'd agree you're pretty curious lib; but I hardly expected you to admit it.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Funny how this "curiosity" never extends to checking the veracity of the bullshit he spouts before posting it.

-- Author unknown

wesw

Post by wesw »

ok, RR, you ve convinced me.

statehood for alberta saskatewan nova scotia AND Puerto rico!!!!!!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I'm not sure the first three would be interested, but in their last plebiscite (2017) PR voted to pursue statehood, so it is in the hands of Congress (although there are arguments that the 2017 election had some problems, so who knows?), but I'm not sure Congress would want another very poor state to enter the union(let alone one that has many of their laws written in Spanish and has different court procedures as well--much like Louisiana). There hardly seems to be a groundswell of popular support for statehood among the US states, and, at least recently, even in PR, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

wesw

Post by wesw »

prince Edward island elections Tuesday, I believe....

liberals will likely lose there too.....

then, I think, comes newfoundland.....

the libs couldn t even win in Ontario.

political revolution in Canada.

trudeau is little more than a joke to Canada.

a dangerous little joke, who inherited his kingdom....

the emperor has no clothes...... (and a very small brain)

he is physically pretty, I ll give him that.....

quote of the week is.....

something about his "roaring" and carrying a "little twig"

no, not that...., think teddy Roosevelt .....

he threatened to sue the opposition leader, complete with lawyer letter, over having his wittle feelings hurt with the truth....

Justin is going down quicker than a two dollar whore....

he, of course, is much more expensive......

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:I don't have to be impressed. What is impressive is the sweep of your ignorant statements and subsequent frantic searching for justification when you get called on it. BTW, I think the US Military should follow your expert guidance and place all forward deployment bases in. . . oh, North Dakota.
You have given up God and converted to fascist-liberalism?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

liberty

Post by liberty »

wesw wrote:prince Edward island elections Tuesday, I believe....

liberals will likely lose there too.....

then, I think, comes newfoundland.....

the libs couldn t even win in Ontario.

political revolution in Canada.

a trudeau is little more than a joke to Canada.

dangerous little joke, who inherited his kingdom....

the emperor has no clothes...... (and a very small brain)

:lol: :lol: That is pretty good, that not bad ; keep at it wes. Keep working at it.

"he is physically pretty, I ll give him that...." Yea he will make some man a good bitch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:
You have given up God and converted to fascist-liberalism?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heaven forfend! I'm pleased to see that you are foolishly consistent* (Google it). Here's a hint: contrast the words "forward deployment base" with the geographic location of N. Dakota.

*one word about Russia and Alaska now would confirm it

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Apparently wes finds Canadian polls more believable than U.S. ones. I wonder why that would be...

-- Author unknown