Scumbag Lowlife Coward Attacks Dead War Hero...

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Lord Jim

Scumbag Lowlife Coward Attacks Dead War Hero...

Post by Lord Jim »

I tried to make the subject line as fair and even-handed as the facts would allow...
Trump Renews Attacks on John McCain, Months After Senator’s Death

WASHINGTON — Tucked between St. Patrick’s Day greetings and repeat criticism of a rerun of “Saturday Night Live,” President Trump demonstrated that not even death provides a respite from his wrath on Twitter.

In Twitter posts on Saturday and Sunday, Mr. Trump renewed his criticism of Senator John McCain, the Arizona Republican who died in August from complications from a virulent form of brain cancer.

The president attacked Mr. McCain over his role in the Justice Department investigation into Russian efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election. He then added that Mr. McCain “had far worse ‘stains’” on his record, including the senator’s decisive vote against repealing the Affordable Care Act.
Spreading the fake and totally discredited Dossier “is unfortunately a very dark stain against John McCain.” Ken Starr, Former Independent Counsel. He had far worse “stains” than this, including thumbs down on repeal and replace after years of campaigning to repeal and replace!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 16, 2019

So it was indeed (just proven in court papers) “last in his class” (Annapolis) John McCain that sent the Fake Dossier to the FBI and Media hoping to have it printed BEFORE the Election. He & the Dems, working together, failed (as usual). Even the Fake News refused this garbage!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 17, 2019
The comments exemplified Mr. Trump’s new model for presidential communication, both in form and tone, exploiting the power and urgency of social media. But they also sparked swift condemnation, showing that the president abandons conventional boundaries of civility like not speaking ill of the dead at his peril.

“There’s no low with him,” John Weaver, a former political adviser to Mr. McCain, said in an interview. “There’s no bottom.”[Man, ain't that the truth...]

Mr. Trump and Mr. McCain had a long history of enmity. Mr. McCain provided a copy of the so-called Steele Dossier — which outlined a range of often salacious but unproven misdeeds by Mr. Trump and his associates — to the F.B.I. after Election Day.[Failure to do so after it was given to him, would have been a serious dereliction of duty.] Supporters of Mr. Trump have seized on the dossier as a way to try to discredit the Russia inquiry.

The battle lasted even through the senator’s death. Mr. McCain made it clear that Mr. Trump was not welcome at his memorial service, even as both President Barack Obama, who defeated Mr. McCain in the 2008 presidential race, and President George W. Bush, who defeated him in the Republican primaries in 2000, delivered eulogies.

And over the weekend, the tensions surfaced again, as McCain supporters denounced the president’s tweets — and, in many cases, the president himself.

Mr. Weaver criticized Mr. Trump’s avoidance of service in Vietnam, where Mr. McCain was held captive as a prisoner of war, his refusal to release his own grades while criticizing Mr. McCain’s academic performance at the United States Naval Academy, and the president’s desire to terminate the Affordable Care Act.

“These are the things he wanted to attack John McCain on? Seriously?” Mr. Weaver said.

“I am waiting for Republican members of the Senate who served with the senator for years and allowed him to be the point of the spear on so many issues,” he said. “Where are they?”[Good fucking question...]

Mike Murphy, another political adviser to McCain and critic of the president, said: “McCain was a hero. Trump is a whimpering coward. He was afraid to go to Vietnam 47 years ago and is afraid to face the legal consequences of his actions today.”

“He just has no empathy,” Mr. Murphy said. “He’s only concerned with himself.”

Mark Salter, one of Mr. McCain’s closest advisers and co-author of several books with him, was even more biting.

“Here is what will never change,” Mr. Salter said in a tweet. “John McCain will always be a better man than you in every way we measure a man’s character. You’ll never beat him.” [And that's what really gnaws at El Disgusto, and why he can't just give this up. He knows deep down that appraisal is spot on and it eats him up...He knows that no matter what he does, he will never achieve 1/1000th level of respect and acclaim that the late Senator enjoys, so he is obsessed with endless, pathetic and impotent attempts to tear him down...]
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/17/us/p ... itter.html
ImageImageImage

Lord Jim

Re: Scumbag Lowlife Coward Attacks Dead War Hero...

Post by Lord Jim »

Lindsey Graham managed to dislodge his tongue from Trump's tush long enough to issue a weak-ass "implicit rebuke" that fell far short of the name and shame that the Putizedent's despicable comments called for.. (And far short of what he would have said before he apparently decided to make being "The Devin Nunes Of The Senate" his shameful legacy...)
Sen. Graham defends McCain’s legacy amid Trump attacks

GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham came to the defense of his former Senate colleague John McCain on Sunday after President Trump’s blistering attacks on the late Arizona Republican — but didn’t specifically call out the president by name.

“As to @SenJohnMcCain and his devotion to his country: He stepped forward to risk his life for his country, served honorably under difficult circumstances, and was one of the most consequential senators in the history of the body,” the South Carolina lawmaker wrote on his Twitter account. “Nothing about his service will ever be changed or diminished.”[Sadly, the same can not be said for you Lindsey, as you daily diminish your record of service by your bootlicking fealty to our wanna be dictator...]
Meghan's classy retort hit the nail on the head:
“No one will ever love you the way they loved my father. … I wish I had been given more Saturday’s with him. Maybe spend yours with your family instead of on twitter obsessing over mine?,” she wrote on Saturday.
ETA:

If I were Chuck Schumer, I would make my first order of business next week introducing a resolution effusively praising McCain and specifically condemning Trump for his comments...

And then dare McConnell and Co. to oppose it...
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Shame about Meghan's apostrophe error. Kinda invalidates the entire thing. :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Coming from the person who wrote this earlier today?
Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee and that other one everyone forgets (Arkansas) tried to use that weasel line about "actually invaded" in order to join the Southern slave-ocracy... Oh oh the USA is going to march troops through us to get to South Carolina! Oh oh! Their INVADING!!! GASP!!! Even the early National Army wouldn't have marched through Arkansas so heaven knows what their excuse was.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

wesw

Post by wesw »

not to mention that mc cain was crooked... the Keating five...., google that.

or that his navy was sold to the red Chinese...., fat larry, et al..., google that.

or that he was a main corruptor of the VA and our vets.

his armed services committee service was shameful and dishonest.

just feed them all opiates, them and the working stiffs....

just give them opiates like the brits did to the Chinese....

he was also a seditious bastard at the end, and until his last breathes....

a Russian stooge in the whole dossier scandal

john mc cain will live in infamy as a corrupt and venal man.

his death somehow freed Lindsey graham, which I don t get, but I ll take it...., I think.

Lindsey is a bit confusing.....

john, however is as clear as day.

and how was he a hero again?

he was broken, and corrupted in captivity.

understandable but not laudible.

he was only a man.

same as anyone, not immune from criticism or rebuke.

not worthy of praise or adulation.

just a pawn.

a black knight, posing as a white knight.

dishonest to his core.

a spoiled little brat who stood on the deeds of his father and grandfather and did little but destroy their legacy.

the truth will out and be known.

mc cain was corrupt

may he rest in peace

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Apparently the Kremlin has begun paying wes by the word again.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

wesw wrote: I am full of shit.
A little less full at least temporarily after taking that steaming, fetid dump...

Absolutely disgusting...
ImageImageImage

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

It's all he has left.

He was sold a bill of goods, bought it willingly, and is now seeing that the emperor has no clothes. He either has to stick doggedly to his delusions or admit to himself that he got played for the fool that his idiot parents bred him to be.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Conspicuous by it's absence from that vile and dishonest smear job is any actual defense of Donald Trump...

In fact, maybe I've missed it, but since the election I can't recall wes having posted a single word defending or attempting to justify anything Il Boobce has said or done...

Just impotent, flailing attacks on those (either on this board or in the political world) who have insisted on speaking the truth about Trump...
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

vote trump.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

That ain't a defense wes, just a mindless mantra...
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

sorry, Fat Leonard, not fat larry.

google fat leonard and you have mc cains navy.

he was the main VA guy in congress

defend that.

he was in the keating 5

defend that.

mc cain was a seditious pawn.

bought and paid for.

nasty little man he was.

nasty until his last breathe

did anyone read what FOIA releases said about his role in the dossier?

and meghsn is on the view, just about right for her limited intellect.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Back on ignore you go, you complete waste of electrons. PLEASE go away! You are ruining what little is left of this board with your constant barrage of toxic shit. Can’t you get on Twitter and spend your online time licking your master’s asshole instead?
Last edited by BoSoxGal on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

wesw

Post by wesw »

jim and joy behar sitting in a tree, k-I-s-s-I-n-g.....

jim and Hillary

jim and Maxine waters.....

jim and Feinstein.....

jim and Pelosi.....

jim and coons....

jim and podesta... :shock: .

jim and Blumenthal.....

your allies buddy.

jump ship, man, jump ship......

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

BoSoxGal wrote:Back on ignore you go, you complete waste of electrons. PLEASE go away! You are ruining what little is left of this board with your constant barrage of toxic shit. Can’t you get on Twitter and spend your online time licking your master’s asshole instead?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

wesw

Post by wesw »

:lol:

promises promises BS gal......

you do wound me so.

please don t ignore me.

the OK smiley seems to be gone,

they say that the ok symbol means white power now?

what a fucked up Orwellian world you guys seem to want.

speak freely, think freely, assemble freely

you are the free press

we are the free press.

this place is more free than America

support the bill of rights

defend the bill of rights.

speak freely

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

support the bill of rights

defend the bill of rights.
Absolutely...

More discredited smears against McCain, and ad hominem attacks on me, but still not one word defending Trump...
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

vote trump.

wesw

Post by wesw »

save it for the teeny boppers, jim

we are all old enough to remember the keating five.

and fat leonard was , and is, a disgrace.

all the navy scandals are easily researchable

the navy was, and possibly is corrupt.

fat leonard is just one example.

the VA situation is slef evident.

the great hero mc cain was the congressional leader in VA affairs.

he bears great blame for many corrupt things.

you don t have much of a chorus here coming to his defense.

he was a real piece of work, your johnny.....

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

John McCain, for all his flaws, was 1000x the man Donald J. Trump could ever hope to be.
~ Carl Sagan