More Gratuitous Immigration Cruelty...

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: More Gratuitous Immigration Cruelty...

Post by Econoline »

(See my post above re why I'm willing to give Melania a pass on this photo-op. I should also point out that, as a trophy wife, she is part of the "trophy" he is showing off.)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

But they’re . . . not brown! Duh!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Scooter wrote:Image
Yeah, well the von Trapps were fleeing from Nazis, whereas would-be immigrants to the U.S. are fleeing [*checks notes*].... wait a minute.
GAH!

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I'll finish it for you, Sue .... they're fleeing TO the Nutzies.

And they know it.

But they still believe it's better than what they are leaving behind.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Three migrant children die of flu in detention with US authorities refusing to give vaccines, as reports of child molesting emerge

At least three migrant children being held in detention centres have died after suffering from flu, but US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has said that it does not plan to vaccinate detained immigrant families as winter approaches.

Further reports suggest children are being molested in some sites while in the care of the government.

“In general, due to the short-term nature of CBP holding and the complexities of operating vaccination programmes, neither CBP nor its medical contractors administer vaccinations to those in our custody,” a CBP spokeswoman said in a statement emailed to the CNBC news channel.

Dr Jonathan Winickoff, a paediatric professor at Harvard, told CNBC: "I can tell you from personal experience that child deaths are rare events."

He said that flu weakens a child's immune system making them more vulnerable to other illnesses, so flu could have been a contributing factor to the children's deaths even if they died of another cause.

Dr Winickoff added: "When I learned that multiple children had died in detention from potentially preventable causes, it truly disturbed me. The country needs urgent answers to that question so that children stop dying in detention."

The vaccine issue comes as dozens of families that were separated at the US-Mexico border prepare to sue the federal government, including several that say their young children were abused — sexually, physically, or emotionally — in federally funded foster care.

Those allegations are included in at least 38 legal claims, according to the Associated Press news agency, which was able to access some lawsuits before they were made public.

All of those suits together could leave American taxpayers liable for around $200m (£165m) in damages.

More than 3,000 children were taken from their parents in recent years, the lawsuits claim. More plaintiffs could be added as more come forward, meaning the damages could run into billions.

“It’s the tip of the iceberg,” said Erik Walsh, an attorney with the law firm Arnold & Porter.

So far, just 18 of the claims have been filed,on behalf of nine families. They total $54m.
Hmmm, people warehoused in prison camps dying of preventable diseases, where have we seen this before?

-- Author unknown

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

I want to see every one of the fuckers responsible for the border detention policy -- from Trump all the way down to the guards -- tried for crimes against humanity. It is literally the least we can do to salvage some shred of national decency from this whole grotesque affair.
GAH!

wesw

Post by wesw »

the mask is slipping......

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

It sure is, a government that would rather see chlldren die than give them a vaccine can no longer claim to be human.

-- Author unknown

RayThom

More Gratuitous Immigration Cruelty...

Post by RayThom »

That's harsh.

Keep in mind that the guards are just following orders.

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

You herd children from many countries together in camps. then you don't give vaccines for easily preventable diseases. And we claim to be civilized? It comes from the top down.

Remember the Army gave a crapload of vaccines for fairly rare diseases (like Bubonic plague) before going to training, but ICE couldn't possibly think of giving flu vaccines? There is absolutely no defense.

wesw

Post by wesw »

wh0 the hell wants the flu vaccine?

:shrug

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Those who died of the flu for lack of it would have preferred to get it, for starters.

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Indeed, as would those forced into close proximity with them in faciltiies lacking even basic hygeine, let alone medical care. I rarely get a flu vaccine, but I would damn well be happy to get one if I were in one of those facilities (I'd prefer to get out, but coming from south america I'd understand fascism with an asshole as the head, so I know I wouldn't get that.).

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

"the complexities of operating vaccination programmes"
Good God, friggin' Walgreens can manage it.... :roll: :evil:

I think that of all the groteaque, disgraceful, un-American aspects of this child detention program, this one has angered me the most...

Denying toothpaste is vile and de-humanizing, but at least nobody is going to die from it...

But this...
Sue U wrote:I want to see every one of the fuckers responsible for the border detention policy -- from Trump all the way down to the guards -- tried for crimes against humanity. It is literally the least we can do to salvage some shred of national decency from this whole grotesque affair.
At this point, I'm in agreement with you... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ImageImageImage