patriarchy worth fighting against

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: patriarchy worth fighting against

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:...but the abortion question is grey , for me, in those cases.
Here's wes beside his truck again ...

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

BoSoxGal wrote:Abortion bans in several states, abortion barely available in many more and thus functionally unavailable to tens of millions of women - that’s a war on women’s freedoms by a patriarchy worth fighting against.

Same patriarchy that tells the pro-life lie while undermining every social policy that would actually promote long, healthy, enriched and rewarding lives for all citizens, instead seeking to profit the wealthy few.

Same patriarchy that harbors white supremacists, white nationalism, pastors who preach death to the LGBTQ community, et al. The Deplorables.

That’s a patriarchy worth fighting against. That’s the one most actively trying to destroy my country, and the one that deserves my full attention.
EXACTLY!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

wesw wrote:well rape and incest are tricky examples.

grey areas.
Not tricky at all for anyone who claims to have a conscience:
Alabama woman says judge ordered her to allow her alleged rapist to visit their sons: report

An Alabama woman claims the same man who raped and impregnated her multiple times as a child has won visitation rights to see their children, forcing her to face her alleged rapist or risk being put behind bars.

The woman, named Jessica, says she felt she “didn't have any options” when her uncle started to climb into her bed at night when she was around 12 or 13 years old. He allegedly impregnated her four times during her teenage years but was never convicted despite DNA evidence, she says. Now, she claims a judge told her she would spend 48 hours in a county jail every time she denied her alleged rapist visitation time with her sons.

When Jessica was 14, she miscarried. At 16, she gave birth to her alleged rapist’s son. At 18, she gave birth to a third child who later died. And at 19, she said she was impregnated a fourth time by her uncle and gave birth to another son.

Her story sparked national attention after the passage of Alabama's new abortion law, which critics say shows how the state is failing to protect survivors of sexual assault. In May, Alabama’s Republican Gov. Kay Ivey signed the most stringent abortion law in the nation — making performing an abortion a felony in nearly all cases unless necessary for the mother's health. The law provides no exception for rape and incest and is set to be enforced starting in November unless challenged by a judge.
Forcing a child to carry the spawn of her rapist to term is evil, and to face him so that he can be given visitation, is evilpure and simple. No discussion, no debate.

Anyone who thinks differently has lost any claim to be considered human.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown