There's Always a Tweet

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

Re: There's Always a Tweet

Post by Scooter »

No, I've noticed it for quite a while. Yours is a good suggestion, now that I learned how to do that, but more often than not it doesn't even occur to me.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

From what I can tell, it looks like their lost images in this thread originated at Facebook. Maybe photos have some type of time limit for sharing outside of Facebook.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I have no idea what it indicates, but many visual posts here, over the years and recently, show up on my machine as tiny squares around a question mark. I just live with it.

snailgate.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

It means that the link to the image is broken, either the image has disappeared or the address has changed since it was first posted.

-- Author unknown

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Thank you for the advice, BSG. I had been mostly just copying the image address from wherever I found the image (yes, Joe, it's often Facebook) and then pasting that into the "[ img ]" thing (at the top of the "Post Reply" page). I'll try doing it the way you suggest in the future.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

1234.jpg
1234.jpg (13.3 KiB) Viewed 1327 times

Just testing out BSG's suggestion; I never knew how to do this before, so thanks! What is the file size limitation on attachments? I tried several photos and got an error message saying the file was too large.
GAH!

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Let's all join in a chorus of "Lock him up"

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

It may not have been a tweet, but in September 2016, at a campaign rally in Council Bluffs, IA, Trump said:
“So there are five people taking the Fifth Amendment.   Like you see on the mob, right?   You see the mob takes the Fifth.   If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”
Here's a clip of that, along with a few other times, where Trump equated "taking the Fifth" with being guilty...

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Trump - or rather his lawyers: Trump simply does not have the imagination or the skills to write this - says that the has been forced into using the Fifth because (I'm paraphrasing) the Deep State made him do it.

From the Politico report:
“I once asked, ‘If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?’ Now I know the answer to that question,” Trump said in a statement released by his post-presidential office. “When your family, your company, and all the people in your orbit have become the targets of an unfounded, politically motivated Witch Hunt supported by lawyers, prosecutors, and the Fake News Media, you have no choice.”
Actually, maybe I am wrong and Trump did write this: the capitalization of Witch Hunt is surely his style.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

He’s right - innocent people don’t need to assert the Fifth. He’s not an innocent person.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Stock market high.jpg
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Withdrawn

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

It's not the electoral college, its is the representative districts. The GOP has done their homework and working for at least twenty years, has built up their bottom layer of party loyalists, while the Dems at the top have ignored it. The most motivated and extremist GOPers have dominated school boards, town councils, then levered that base and dominated state legislatures. And thus enabled masterful gerrymandering. Drawing the map is now equivalent to counting the votes in matching politics.

When he was first running for prexy, the Orange One declared [I know it is not and exact quote, but you know the one I mean] I could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot somebody at random and it would not cost me a single vote. All the news about the next presidency (which seems to be covered with the same mentality as who will play in the next Super Bowl) tells me the law suits about his moral and ethical conduct, his fraudulent business practices, his casual claims about classified federal records, his family lining their pockets with influence peddling will not cost him any votes. After all King David was a favorite of G-d's even though David actually led terrorist bands against Israel's allies, and sent his best General to his death to shut up a sex scandal. Trump is our savior. He has a mandate from heaven.

snailgate.