Great Shades of Vince Foster

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Let the conspiracy theories begin.

There won't be a wet eye at the morgue. I wonder if he's going to have his penis cryogeniclly frozen?

Jeffrey Epstein Found Dead in Jail in Apparent Suicide, Officials Say
https://www.wsj.com/articles/jeffrey-ep ... 1565443983

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/statemen ... ey-epstein
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: Great Shades of Vince Foster

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

The NYT story has (2:07 PM Eastern) 584 comments. Approximately 580 of these are along the lines of "If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you." Look for the Brooklyn Bridge to be gone by still there tomorrow morning.

The Metropolitan Correctional Center is a federal facility which is why William Barr is mounting an investigation. 774 inmates, according to Wikipedia. I had no idea that there were that many people facing SDNY federal charges.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

A federal facility, so of the list of people that might have wanted him dead so he couldn't talk, how many of them have the power to get prison staff to stage his death?

Only one that I can think of, and no, it isn't Prince Andrew.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

RayThom wrote:Let the conspiracy theories begin.
Well, it didn't take very long for the Conspirator-in-Chief to weigh in on this .....

TRUMP LINKS EPSTEIN DEATH TO CLINTON (Bill, this time, not Hillary)

In his first public response to the death of financier and accused pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, President Donald Trump retweeted baseless conspiracy theories around his death and a news alert citing former President Bill Clinton's previous involvement with Epstein.

Trump first retweeted a post from @BreakingNLive, "Documents were unsealed yesterday revealing that top Democrats, including Bill Clinton, took private trips to Jeffrey Epstein’s “pedophilia island."

Trump then retweeted a conspiracy theory from comedian Terrence K. Williams around Epstein's death that used some of the day's top trending hashtags on Twitter, such as #EpsteinSuicide, #ClintonBodyCount, #JefferyEpstein, and #TrumpBodyCount.

"Died of SUICIDE on 24/7 SUICIDE WATCH ? Yeah right! How does that happen#JefferyEpstein had information on Bill Clinton & now he’s dead. I see #TrumpBodyCount trending but we know who did this! RT if you’re not Surprised#EpsteinSuicide #ClintonBodyCount #ClintonCrimeFamily," Williams wrote.

Epstein was reported dead Saturday morning in an apparent suicide while awaiting trial on federal sex trafficking charges over his alleged abuse of underage girls, officials said.

Late Friday night, unsealed court documents that included logs of Epstein's pilots revealed that Clinton used the financier's planes to travel for the Clinton Foundation and to make paid speeches.

“President Clinton knows nothing about the terrible crimes Jeffrey Epstein pleaded guilty to in Florida some years ago, or those with which he has been recently charged in New York,” Clinton spokesman Angel Urena said last month.  "He’s not spoken to Epstein in well over a decade, and has never been to Little St. James Island, Epstein’s ranch in New Mexico, or his residence in Florida.”

The logs also show that Trump made at least one trip in 1997 from Palm Beach to Newark in Epstein's plane.

Epstein used to be a regular at Mar-a-Lago, Trump's resort in Palm Beach, but later was banned after allegedly sexually assaulting a worker there.
   (so you could just as easily posit that Trump may have had as much to fear about what those docs might reveal and remembered the old pirate truism about 'dead men telling no tales' — opinion mine)

"I had a falling out a long time ago, I’d say maybe 15 years. … I was not a fan of his, that I can tell you," Trump said when Epstein was first arrested in early July.

Trump has frequently publicly trafficked in conspiracy theories surrounding his political opponents, including 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, Sen. Ted Cruz and former President Barack Obama.

Trump was an early public proponent of the debunked conspiracy theory that Obama was not an American citizen. During the Republican presidential debates in 2016, Trump baselessly accused Sen. Ted Cruz’s father of playing a role in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. During the 2016 campaign, Trump also amplified without evidence rumors that Hillary Clinton was suffering from debilitating illnesses.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Suicide in jails/prisons is a not uncommon phenomenon - recall Aaron Hernandez who took his life two years ago. Many jails isolate suicidal prisoners despite research which shows pairing them with a more mentally stable cellmate is the best prevention. Mental health experts recommend 10 minute checks on suicide watch, but most prisons can’t accommodate that recommendation. 30 minute checks, which is the watch protocol at the prison where Epstein died, aren’t sufficient to prevent death so even if he hadn’t been taken off watch, he could’ve successfully killed himself.

Interesting piece about prison suicide: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatl ... le/595918/

The conspiracy theories will rage on, but I think he just killed himself. He was an egomaniac who was fabulously wealthy and lived a life unimaginable to most of us in its luxuries - but even with the best lawyers all that money could buy, he had to see the writing on the wall: even IF they’d somehow gotten him off, this time he wasn’t going to escape the court of public opinion and the inevitable loss of the page 6 social acceptance and prominence he had enjoyed for decades.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I think the most believable 'conspiracy theory' is not that the boys were sent to take care of it, but that some officials/turnkeys were encouraged to look the other way.

We never did get an answer to what happened a couple of weeks ago - was it a failed suicide attempt or an assault by another prisoner? If the first why on earth would they remove him from suicide watch? If the second - and certainly there are stories about sex offenders, especially those with younger preferences, being roughed up in prison - why would be be in the general population?

I remember that when Ken Lay (Enron) died before his trial, that was essentially the end of the investigation and those who might have some claim on his fortune were shut out. I hope that doesn't happen here.

I also remember thinking, at the time of Lay's death, how easy it would be for someone with his resources to arrange for a similar (age, weight, general appearance) body to be found in his bed. For a few hundred grand you can have grandpa. Wife identifies him - Yup, that's my Ken - and, after a suitable interval, off they disappear to the Maldives.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

...and certainly there are stories about sex offenders, especially those with younger preferences, being roughed up in prison..."
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Since this latest arrest of Jeffrey Epstein I was dismayed to learn about his lenient treatment in Florida and more importantly, about his being embraced by high society almost immediately upon release from that so-called jail sentence.

Included are the likes of America’s sweetheart Katie Couric, who attended a party at Epstein’s NYC townhouse within months of his release and yet has the unmitigated gall to be hosting programs focused on women’s equality and opportunities for girls and women while hanging out with a man who rapes underage girls. What a cunt, truly. :evil:

And remember how Sarah Ferguson was demeaned and demonized for having her toes suckled by a consenting adult man back in the 90s, and excoriated by the royal family for bringing shame on them - meanwhile it appears Prince Andrew was very tight with Epstein who was constantly surrounded by teenage girls and who the hell believes he didn’t know what was going on? Not to hold Fergie harmless; she apparently was all too happy for Epstein to pay off her millions in debt around 2010/2011, and she couldn’t have been clueless either.

I want the FBI to publish the findings as to who socialized with Epstein - who flew on his private plane and attended his parties in NYC and Florida and on his private Caribbean island. I want to know who the scum are who turned a blind eye to his fucking teenage girls - especially AFTER he was a convicted predator and on the sex offender registry, when all accounts suggest he continued in his teen raping as if nothing had happened.

I don’t care if the people are liberals or conservatives - they’re all scum in my eyes and I want them all outed.

And I want to see the people responsible for monitoring his probation held accountable, too.
Last edited by BoSoxGal on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

News in Brief
Damning Investigation Finds Jeffrey Epstein Left Unsupervised For Decades Prior To Suicide

8/13/19 12:15pm

NEW YORK—Calling the oversight a complete failure of the system on every level, Department of Justice officials told reporters Tuesday that a damning investigation had revealed that billionaire and accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein had been left unsupervised for decades prior to his suicide. “This high-risk criminal should never have been left alone for any long period of time from the 1990s up until his death,” said U.S. Attorney General William Barr, expressing his complete shock in discovering that the convicted pedophile was not being checked in on every half hour for the last 30 years. “We do have records saying that his actions were being monitored very briefly in 2008, but it obviously wasn’t enough. Unfortunately, due to this breakdown of justice, we were unable to prevent what Mr. Epstein did for the past several decades.” Barr then vowed to follow proper Department of Justice protocol by continuing this investigation until his team found out exactly who they could lay all the responsibility on for the negligence.
Source: Satire is dead.
GAH!

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Here is what Prince Andrew was caught saying at Epstein's doorway:
"Thank you for a lovely meeting, Crystal. I placed a bag of Cadburys in your handbag rewarding you for a most spiffing performance. TTFN."

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I totally agree BSG.
I don’t care if the people are liberals or conservatives - they’re all scum in my eyes and I want them all outed.
Yes, yes.

I can quite see how, for example, Stephen Jay Gould can get the benefit of the doubt - he died in 2002 long before Epstein was convicted of anything and I suppose there were all sorts of rich guys who wanted rub shoulders with anyone who might give them some vicarious intellectual heft. Stephen Hawking too for (I think) obvious reasons. But the rest of them - and especially Prince Andrew. It now seems as if the much (and deservedly) vilified Fergie may have been the morally superior of the two.

Edited to correct Steven to Stephen (both of them).

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

especially Prince Andrew. It now seems as if the much (and deservedly) vilified Fergie may have been the morally superior of the two.
Likely, but when it comes to royalty and their spouses, moral superiority has very little meaning.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I see from the Grauniad that Prince Andrew (excuse me while I bow and scrape in his direction) has given an interview to the BBC (after six months of negotiation) about his relationship with Epstein. He says he let the (royal) side down by staying with Epstein when he was in NYC because it was a convenient place to stay [redacted]and because he had all these good-looking pliable young women coincidentally also staying there[/redacted].
“I admit fully my judgment was probably coloured by my tendency to be too honourable but that’s just the way it is.”
I see that he took this 'interview' thing a little too seriously. In 2006 I was 'let go' by my company (long story and this isn't the time or place) and in an effort to soften the blow they gave me six months with an outplacement consultant. You get to commiserate with other like minded layoffees, learn how to polish your resume, eat donuts in the break room and have practice job interviews. More and more interviewers have to go with stock questions provided by HR so that they don't say dumb shit like "Will you sleep with me if I give you this job?"

So we got to know the standard HR-approved questions. One such that they love is "Tell me about your faults."

Of course the wrong answer - and they drilled this into us - is "I work too hard" or "I take on too much responsibility" or "I don't have any fucking faults you miserable idiot." Stuff like that.

I don't think they would have approved of Andrew's answer there.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Making the rounds:

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Someone's either got way too much spare time or has access to the last Blockbuster (Bend, Oregon) in the world.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

I knew it! First letter from each DVD:

Epstein didn't kill himself.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

So Epstein didn't kill himself.  Neither did Jeffrey Dahmer.
Big fuckin' deal.
Good riddance to bad rubbish in both cases.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Well maybe he didn’t kill himself, but he sure killed ‘Prince’ Andrew’s ‘career’. Good riddance! And yes, too bad more of his scumbag fellow pedos weren’t also exposed - but I’ve reached the point of just assuming anyone who ever kept company with that man in any of his homes is a scumbag by association, because by all accounts he made no effort to hide the teenaged sex victims from his friends or acquaintances or staff, so they’re all accomplices in my book.
~ Carl Sagan