And The Wheels On the Bus Go 'Round and 'Round...

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Trump says he doesn't know if Rudy Giuliani is still his lawyer amid reports that Giuliani is under federal investigation

President Donald Trump appears to be distancing himself from his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, amid reports that Giuliani is under investigation by federal prosecutors at the Southern District of New York (SDNY).

"I don't know," Trump said Friday when reporters asked him if Giuliani was still his lawyer. "I haven't spoken to Rudy ... He has been my attorney."

When The Washington Post's Josh Dawsey texted Giuliani asking him about Trump's comments and if he was still representing the president, Giuliani replied, "Yes."

Giuliani and Trump are at the center of a public firestorm surrounding their efforts to get the Ukrainian government to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, ahead of the 2020 election.

On Wednesday, two of Giuliani's foreign associates were arrested and charged by the FBI with campaign-finance violations.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-d ... on-2019-10
ImageImageImage

ex-khobar Andy

Re: And The Wheels On the Bus Go 'Round and 'Round...

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Yes - one of the few things to make me laugh yesterday was when the orange haired stable genius and soi disant chosen one with the great and unmatched wisdom didn't know whether Rudy G was his attorney. I'm pleased to hear that Rudy set him straight although obv these days he has other clients locked up (Lev and Igor) so his attention is elsewhere. Maybe we should be grateful for that. I suspect it's all part of a devious plot by the SDNY prosecutors (led by George Soros, natch) to distract Rudy from the nation's business so we can all take a break for a day or two.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I have a funny feeling that the next time we see a Trump shyster mouthpiece doing The Full Ginsburg on the Sunday morning news shows his name will be Trey Gowdy and not Rudy Giuliani...
Last edited by Lord Jim on Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The Trump kids with Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman. I'm guessing that pretty soon Trump will be saying "Ivanka who? I think she was the girl my first wife hired as a maid."

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Fake news! Eric (or is the other one? - I get them confused) would never carry one of those cheap plastic shopping bags.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

And where in the world is court jester Mick Mulvaney?

The kingdom is crumbling.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I see where Trump is pulling back a little on his Rudy bus toss:
Trump calls Giuliani a ‘great guy’ as feds investigate former mayor

Embattled Rudy Giuliani still has the support of his boss, President Trump, who praised the former New York mayor as news broke that he is under investigation by federal prosecutors.

“He may seem a little rough around the edges sometimes, [I'm sorry, was that Donald Trump calling somebody else "rough around the edges'? :loon :lol: ] but he is also a great guy and wonderful lawyer,” Trump tweeted Saturday, blaming the “Deep State” for his personal lawyer’s legal woes.

Investigators are looking into Giuliani’s efforts to convince Trump that former Ukraine Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch — who testified before Congress in a closed-door session Friday – should be removed, sources told the New York Times.

Top Republicans have been pleading with President Trump to sideline Giuliani, fearing his loose-cannon media appearances could torpedo his boss’s impeachment defense. “He’s creating an impression of internal chaos,” an unnamed source told Politico Saturday.
It must have dawned in Il Boobce's wee small brain that if Rudy flips it could be a HUGE problem for him...
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I'm pretty sure we've seen this here before, but maybe it's time to trot it out again...

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Catchy little tune...

A real toe tapper... :ok
ImageImageImage

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Gee whiz, here's Moscow Mitch giving the POS-In-Chief a shove into the oncoming traffic:
McConnell denies he told Trump his call with the Ukrainian President was perfect

(CNN)Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that he never had -- or at least doesn't recall having -- a conversation with President Donald Trump in which he described Trump's call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky as perfect.

McConnell's statement comes after Trump asserted earlier this month that McConnell deemed the White House transcript of the conversation, which is at the center of the House's impeachment inquiry into the President, completely innocent. Trump has also said multiple times that the call was perfect, including during his Cabinet meeting on Monday.

McConnell, asked at his weekly news conference in the Capitol if he believed the President handled the Ukrainian situation perfectly, said, "We've not had any conversations on that subject."

When pushed on whether Trump was lying about an exchange between the pair, the Kentucky Republican responded, "You have to ask him. I don't recall any conversations with the President about that phone call."

Trump implied in early October that McConnell and others with whom he had discussed the transcript reached similar conclusions that the call was appropriate.

"He read my phone call with the President of Ukraine," Trump said at the time. "Mitch McConnell, he said, 'That was the most innocent phone call that I've read.' I mean, give me a break. Anybody that reads it says the same thing." [Mr, Putzident, as one who as read it, I can assure you that is not the case...]
ttps://www.cnn.com/2019/10/22/politics/mcconne ... index.html
ImageImageImage

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

They're gonna need a bigger bus...

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

It seems to me that Sondland has left Trump with little choice but to give Rudy that shove in front of the 14 Mission...

But I seriously doubt that Giuliani is willing to take the bullet for Trump, especially if it comes to legal jeopardy...(he's been making noises about having some sort of "insurance" against the day Trump tries to make him the fall guy...perhaps he has some recorded conversations...)

And based on everything I've seen and read, legal jeopardy definitely looks to be in Rudy's future...His old stomping grounds, the SDNY (barring...pun intended...intervention from our rogue AG) could indict him any day now...

It's becoming increasingly clear that what has motivated Giuliani to get involved in this whole mess (in addition to his lust for returning to the lime light) has been the belief that the "prestige" of being Trump's coordinator in the Arms For Dirt bribery scheme would profit him financially with his own shady business dealings in Ukraine and Russia...

In other words, his motives have been entirely mercenary and venal; he is not moved to action by any great devotion to Donald Trump...He'd turn on him in a heartbeat. There's probably no one who knows "The Art Of The Deal" when it comes to avoiding or reducing the criminal penalties one faces by ratting out somebody higher in the pecking order than Rudy; having spent so many years on the other side of the process...

Lawyer-client privilege wont protect Trump; that goes out that window if it's used for the furtherance of a criminal conspiracy...

ETA:

What's really sad (and angering) about this is that Rudy Giuliani was willing to sell out his own country's national security interests (by jeopardizing US support for Ukraine in its front line struggle against Russian aggression in Europe) to line his own pockets...This is actually far worse than him just humiliating and degrading himself by playing Trump's chuckle-headed clown defender on TV...

I'm not sure how it makes him much different from John Walker...

Quite the final legacy for the man who was once known as "America's Mayor"...
ImageImageImage