Dem debate

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
wesw

Dem debate

Post by wesw »

sanders, biden and warren l00ked like the cast 0f Grumpy 0ld Men up there.

sad.

Lord Jim

Re: Dem debate

Post by Lord Jim »

I thought Buttigieg and Klobuchar had decent performances, but nobody really kicked ass...

Warren absolutely positively refuses to admit that her Mandatory Medicare For All plan will require a tax increase on the middle class...(I really liked the way Klobuchar called Warren on her Holier Than Thou self-righteousness...about time somebody did that...)

It will be interesting to see in the upcoming polls if Klobuchar did well enough to challenge Buttigieg for the moderate-liberal alternative to Biden slot...

Booker's repeated "can't we all get along?" refrain got pretty old...

Harris seemed barely present...(Castro seemed even less present, and Beto's presence continued to raise the question, "Why is this man still running for President?")

Joe didn't do himself anymore damage but he may already be damaged enough...

Bernie proved he can still talk self-righteous leftism with every bit as much vim and vigor as he had before his heart attack, but I don't know if he did well enough to reverse the flow of self-righteous lefites moving from him to Warren...

Then there were the two really really rich guys, Yang and Steyer, who had bought their spots on the stage by spending huge sums of money to raise the smaller sums of money the DNC required for debate participation...

Yang makes occasional valid points, and I give props to Steyer for all the money and effort he has put in to promoting Trump's Impeachment, but neither of them showed anything that said to me that they would make effecitve candidates against Trump...(and of course neither is remotely qualified for the job. We really don't need another amateur President at this point, even a well-intentioned one.)

Did I leave anybody out?

Oh yeah, Tulsi Gabbard...

I was surprised to learn that she's friends with Trey Gowdy, (talk about an odd couple) but she (deservedly given her reckless foreign policy positions) is going nowhere in this race.
Last edited by Lord Jim on Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

RayThom

Dem debate

Post by RayThom »

wesw wrote:sanders, biden and warren...
sad.
Don't forget the Grifter-in-Chief will be 74 years old in June. He's a bucket of KFC away from a massive coronary.

Yes, that sounds pretty harsh so I'm only praying he has a hemorrhagic stroke. That would be more comforting to me.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Susan Rice has been on the box a few times in the last couple of months. I wish she'd run. Always prepared, knows her stuff; I don't think she'd take shit from anyone.