Can't Miss TV for Trumplings

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Can't Miss TV for Trumplings

Post by Joe Guy »

Fox will air a one-on-one interview between Fox News host Sean Hannity and President Donald Trump during the pre-game show ahead of Super Bowl LIV between the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs.

In the previous three Super Bowls televised by Fox, the pre-game presidential interviews were conducted by former host Bill O'Reilly, who left Fox News in April 2017 following allegations of sexual misconduct. O'Reilly interviewed Trump before the 2017 Super Bowl featuring the New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons, as well as former President Barack Obama in 2011 and 2014.

“I want to make sure I put myself in the position of somebody at home, hanging out with friends and waiting for the game to start,” Hannity told Variety of the interview.

The Fox News primetime host said he intends to ask the president about he impeachment trial in the Senate, the economy, and the death of Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani. He also plans to ask Trump to predict the winner of the game.

"It’s a nice, fun American day,” Hannity said. “What do you do on Super Bowl Sunday? I imagine you’re with friends and family, and you are probably grilling, making chicken wings. You’re making steaks maybe grilling a little fish, smoking some barbecue ... (but) there are important issues in the news.”

Previous interviews have been filmed in the White House and are pre-recorded for the Super Bowl broadcast. Other networks also do pre-game interviews with the president, as Trump was interviewed last year by CBS News' Margaret Brennan.

Hannity said he expects to get 10 to 15 minutes with the president.
source
Hannity and Combs Over