Many a mickle makes a muck-up...

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Gob

Many a mickle makes a muck-up...

Post by Gob »

Scotland’s finance secretary, Derek Mackay, has resigned and been suspended as a member of the Scottish National party hours before he was due to deliver next year’s budget after it emerged he had been sending messages to a 16-year-old boy.

The Scottish Sun published hundreds of messages that Mackay, 42, had sent the teenager, including calling him “cute”, discussing the boy’s new haircut, and inviting him to dinner and to a parliamentary event as his guest.

In a statement, Mackay said he had tendered his resignation to Nicola Sturgeon, the first minister, with immediate effect.

Mackay, a longstanding Scottish National party national convenor and one of the party’s most prominent figures, had widely been seen as a contender to eventually replace Sturgeon as SNP leader.

The public finance minister, Kate Forbes, will deliver the budget statement instead, Sturgeon said.

Mackay’s statement read: “I take full responsibility for my actions. I have behaved foolishly and I am truly sorry. I apologise unreservedly to the individual involved and his family.

“I spoke last night with the first minister and tendered my resignation with immediate effect. Serving in government has been a huge privilege and I am sorry to have let colleagues and supporters down.”

Sturgeon said Mackay’s suspension from the party became inevitable after she read on Thursday morning the full text of hundreds of messages Mackay sent on Facebook and Instagram.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Scooter

Re: Many a mickle makes a muck-up...

Post by Scooter »

First, :barf

Second, I never cease to wonder how prominent figures believe they can engage in such behaviours without being found out.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Many a mickle makes a muck-up...

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Let the wind blow high let the wind blow low
Through the streets in me kilt I'll go
All the lads tweet "hello
Derek where's your troosers?"
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts