Cornona Corvid Protests....

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

Re: Cornona Corvid Protests....

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

:shock: :lol:

I don’t know what those things are, but they sure as heck are not 5G equipment.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I"m guessing it's a parody. Almost sure of it, in fact.

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

What they don't tell you is that in order to use 5G you need your own portable cell tower, and it's quite cumbersome....

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

As long as someone brought up 5G, which has to do with cellular coverage, how many times have you heard people make disparaging remarks about the government-subsidized cellphones, calling them "Obama Phones", as if it was something that POTUS #44 cooked up all by himself to hand out to all the welfare recipients in order to 'win' their loyalty?

Just thought I'd mention that this is actually the latest version of what were originally called "Lifeline" phones.  This is a program implemented by the US Government back in 1985 to ensure that low-income households/consumers would be able to have the same opportunity to connect to emergency services, jobs, and family.  Every telephone subscriber in the US is assessed a charge (the Federal Universal Service charge) to fund this.  Passed into law during the second term of the REAGAN ADMINISTRATION and administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), it originally covered only land-line phones, but as more and more people got away from landline services the program was modified to permit either wireless or wireline services (but not both).  

So if anyone wants to give them a nickname, the most ACCURATE name would be "Reagan Phones".  The only connection this program would have with the Obama administration — and it is a very tenuous connection indeed — is the fact that in 2016 (which, to be fair, was during the Obama administration) the program was again modified to include broadband (internet) services.  But again; this was a modification by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) itself — the Lifeline Modernization Order — to expand the coverage to include broadband services and devices such as smartphones.

And lest you think that the government is handing out the the latest iPhones with unlimited calling and data plans willy-nilly on every street corner in the 'hood, these are LIMITED service plans with a set number of minutes and amount of data access per month.  In addition, there are certain qualifications that must be met based on income or inclusion in certain assistance programs such as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — the modern version of food stamps), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, and even Veterans Benefit and Survivors Benefit programs.  And even then it is only a SUBSIDY that covers up to $9.25 per month; participants still do have to pay a portion for their services.

So the next time you hear someone talking about the welfare queens and their "Obama Phones", now you know the truth.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

That's clearly 6G equipment. Just count the 6 Ginormous (=6G) insulators on each generating pod. This is not rocket science, people.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

And thanks for the Obamaphone explanation, BB. Useful.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:56 am
That's clearly 6G equipment. Just count the 6 Ginormous (=6G) insulators on each generating pod. This is not rocket science, people.
Yes, high voltage substation bushings, most are constructed with densely fired ceramics.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Stupid and racist:
'Bar Lives Matter' Protesters Descend on Texas Capitol to Oppose Closures

On Tuesday, Texas bar owners protested the Texas capitol building in Austin, declaring "Bar Lives Matter" in response to Republican Governor Greg Abbott's June 26 order to close all drinking establishments. Abbott's order sought to stop his state's dramatic rise in COVID-19 cases.

Appropriating language from Black Lives Matter protests against anti-Black police violence, Tuesday's protest speakers told bar owners to reopen their establishments in defiance of Abbott's order, according to KXAN.

On the protest's Facebook event page, organizers wrote that bars had been scapegoated for the state's rise in newly confirmed coronavirus cases.

"No other businesses are being shut down. It's wrong and affecting the livelihood of hundreds of thousands across the state. From owners to bartenders, waitresses, entertainers... we will all take the hit," the event page read. "It's up to us to take a stand and let our voices be heard as loud as the people that caused the numbers to go up."

Tuesday's protest follows a similar protest organized last Sunday by Tee Allen Parker, owner of The Machine Shed Bar & Grill in Kilgore, a town about 120 miles southeast of Dallas. Parker held the protest at his bar. He forbids patrons to wear face masks in his bar, and is one of 21 plaintiffs suing Abbott for allegedly bypassing legislators with his order for a statewide shutdown of bars.

"This one individual is picking and choosing winners and losers," Jared Woodfill, a Houston attorney representing the bars, told The Washington Post. "Governor Abbott has chosen to sentence bar owners to bankruptcy... and [is] trampling on our constitutional rights."

Texas has reported 38,130 new COVID-19 cases in the week between June 23 and June 29, averaging about 5,447 new cases each day and giving the state some of its highest-ever daily tolls of new cases.

As of June 29, the state ranks fifth among U.S. states with the highest number of confirmed cases.

When issuing his order for bar closures last Friday, Abbott said, "As I said from the start, if the positivity rate rose above 10%, the State of Texas would take further action to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. At this time, it is clear that the rise in cases is largely driven by certain types of activities, including Texans congregating in bars."

If bars reopen in defiance of Abbott's order, they could potentially lose their business and liquor licenses. Two Houston bars that defied Abbott's shutdown order, Prospect Park and Bokeeters Cocktail Bar, both had their licenses suspended for 30 days.

Prospect Park was also placed on Democratic Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner's "Wall of Shame" meant to deter non-compliant businesses. However, bars can contest the revocations in court.

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

As coronavirus cases continue to surge across the country, students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, have started throwing COVID-19 parties. The first attendee to become infected wins money, according to Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24543757/
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Scooter wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:23 pm
Stupid and racist:
Racist?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Yes. They are making a mockery of Black Lives Matter by parodying their name.

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Or maybe they're just borrowing an idea.

If I said, 'Babies Lives Matter' would that be racist?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Joe Guy wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:31 pm
Or maybe they're just borrowing an idea.

If I said, 'Babies Lives Matter' would that be racist?
I'm sure there are several someones out there who would say so.... unless you amended it to BLACK Babies Lives Matter.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I get a little pissy with people who claim they can't stand to wear a mask and then make up this sort of crap as to why. There is no reasoning them, they are absolutely bottom tier idiots. I can only hope that G5 causes them irreparable damage.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I thought it was satire. Anyone who actually believes this shit couldn’t write in complete sentences.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Crackpot wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:16 am
I thought it was satire. Anyone who actually believes this shit couldn’t write in complete sentences.
Scooter’s post is satire based on actual stupidity.

dales

Post by dales »

Scooter’s post is satire based on actual stupidity.
One might infer from this posting that Scooter's intelligence is questioned.

I'm sure that's not the case.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

No, I took it as I was posting satire of the stupidity of others.

-- Author unknown