Cornona Corvid Protests....

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Gob

Re: Cornona Corvid Protests....

Post by Gob »

German leaders are divided over whether to restrict the rights of demonstrators, after tens of thousands of people who took to the streets of Berlin at the weekend failed to abide by hygiene and distancing rules.

According to officials, up to 20,000 people took part in demonstrations against the government’s coronavirus restrictions at different locations across Berlin on Saturday, amalgamating for a joint rally later in the day. Organisers said up to 1.3 million people took part, a figure that police denied.

The gathering was broken up by police after repeated warnings over participants’ failure to wear face coverings or keep a 1.5-metre distance from each other were ignored.

During attempts to break up the gathering, which organisers called End of the Pandemic – Day of Freedom, some protesters turned violent. Police said 133 demonstrators were arrested and 45 officers were injured, with some needing to be hospitalised. Several journalists reported being verbally or physically attacked.

The demonstrations drew criticism from almost all political parties, except the far-right Alternative für Deutschland (AfD) and the pro-business Free Democrats (FDP), who defended the participants’ right to protest.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Gob wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:58 pm
German leaders are divided over whether to restrict the rights of demonstrators, after tens of thousands of people who took to the streets of Berlin at the weekend failed to abide by hygiene and distancing rules.
They must have missed the news that COVID-19 is not spread at protests/riots.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I must admit this took me a while before I got it...

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

Love it, nicked it for FB.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

"I see dumb people" could also be the tag there

Gob

Post by Gob »

Just a handful of people turned up to a 'freedom rally' to protest the coronavirus lockdown in Melbourne.

Up to 400 people were expected to kick off the illegal protest on the steps of Parliament on Sunday amid the city's strict stage 4 lockdown.

But most of the people who vowed to protest never showed up. Early indications suggest no more than 30 people arrived, and of those, seven were arrested.

Six people were arrested because they refused to provide their personal details to police, but were later released with a $1,652 fine after they complied.

The other person who was arrested allegedly helped to organise the rally, and will likely be charged with further offences relating to the protest at a later date.

'This man is not one of the two organisers who were arrested during the week,' a Victoria Police spokeswoman told Herald Sun.

Officers also handed out 27 fines for people breaching health directives implemented by the Chief Health Officer.

Of those, 24 were for people who left home for a non-essential reason amid the city-wide Stage Four lockdown to stem the spread of COVID-19.

One person received a $200 fine for refusing to wear a face mask.

Footage shows the masked protester yelling for residents to stand together against mandatory vaccinations.

'We have to stand together,' he yells. 'No mandatory vaccinations.'

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Post by Gob »

THIS is the bizarre moment anti-mask activists storm Morrisons and demand shoppers take off their masks.

Members of StandUp X shouted "masks are so bad for you" as Brits did their grocery shopping at the Peckham store in South London.

In dramatic scenes, the protesters also yelled "'You are conditioned to believe everything the government tells you" as they stormed through the shop with a megaphone.

Health authorities and the Government have advised members of the public to wear face masks to stop the spread of coronavirus.

But the protesters insisted the public was not asking questions, with one shouting: "You know this agenda is the new world order agenda. They are conditioning you for the new world order guys. You guys need to resist.

"Resist the new world order guys. How many people die from the flu every year?"

The protesters are part of the StandUp X protest groups that claims to be a "community of struggle against the New Normal".

And shoppers were largely left stunned as the protesters marched through the store with one even appearing to wear a ghoulish mask.

Some handed out pamphlets about their movement, chanting: "We are the people, we are the power, we are the 99 per cent".
His teeth would be all over the floor if he tried that with me.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Tried what? Handing you pamphlet? I agree they're assholes, but that's not a reason to punch anyone in their mouth; if it were the entire world would be toothless and we'd need no dentists.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:05 pm
Tried what? Handing you pamphlet? I agree they're assholes, but that's not a reason to punch anyone in their mouth; if it were the entire world would be toothless and we'd need no dentists.
Have to agree with Big RR on this one, unless there's more to the story than is being told here.  Were they forcibly removing other peoples' masks?  Then, yeah — a good rap in the mouth (or kick in the 'nads) is called for.
(although not so much so on this side of the pond .... this sort of people are cast from the same mold as the 2nd Amendment "you-can-have-my-gun-when-you-pry-it-out-of-my-cold-dead-fingers" wankers — witness the couple a few weeks ago standing, fully armed, 'observing' a protest outside their home in St. Louis; one half-baked claim of "I was fearful for my life" and bullets would have been flying — and one could easily find oneself shot very dead over something this trivial)

But otherwise, let 'em hand out their pamphlets.  Take two even.  You never know, they may be short of paper in the loo and can always be put to good use in a pinch.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Or take the pamphlet and throw it on the floor if you want to make a statement.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:05 pm
Apologies, I thought I heard/read somewhere, but cannot verify it, that they had tried to remove other people's masks.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I'd hit them for that as well. :D