Cornona Corvid Protests....

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: Cornona Corvid Protests....

Post by Econoline »

Except for that odd extra "s" that's a remarkably honest statement.

"NO, YOU'RE RIGHT" = "YES, I'M WRONG"

Just sayin'...
Last edited by Econoline on Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

I've got to say that one of the things I enjoyed the most about going to a lot of anti-Trump demonstrations during the first two years of this badministration was that besides the real cleverness of many of the protest signs, there were ZERO MISSPELLINGS on ANY of those signs. Really: ZERO. Zilch. Zip. Nada.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I can’t believe that after all the tea party gaffes they haven’t sent around a reference sheet of patriotic terms spelled correctly for sign making.

But I suppose that would be capitulation to elitist values like spelling and grammar.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Not to mention literacy.
God @The Tweet of God

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

You want to know how intelligent Trump supporters are?  Count the number of teeth in their mouth and multiply by 3 = IQ.
Or to paraphrase George Carlin:

"Think of how dumb the average Trump supporter is.
Then realize that 50% of them are dumber than that."

Which brings this thought to mind.  Carlin died in 2008.  While he was not known for specifically political humor, I do sometimes wonder what he would have had to say about the 2016 campaign and the events since then.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Post by Gob »

Gotta love this one, but you do have wonder if they were being ironic or not..

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Econoline wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:16 am
Men, protesting restrictions on their bodily autonomy. Imagine that. :roll:
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

I guess I'll need to extend my social distance from those damned Amish scofflaws when I see them in Walmart.

"GEAUGA (WJW) – The Fox 8 I-Team has learned the Geauga County Sheriff’s office arrested one, issued a summons for another, and charged two with underage drinking, following a large Amish party this weekend.

Deputies were sent to a home on Bundysburg Road in Huntsburg Township shortly after midnight Sunday. A man called 9-1-1 to report the large party.

“When we got there, there was a barn full of people some of them ran, “ said Geauga Sheriff Scott Hildenbrand. “There was one that was too intoxicated to run and that person had to be transported by ambulance. “"

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/we-wo ... ish-party/
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

I don't need a "Brian Moran."

We already have one in our family.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

dales

Post by dales »

Who is Brian Moran?

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Darren

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:21 am
Idiots!

The Black guy won't get an endorsement contract. Neither will the guy covering up the logo on the cup in his hand.

What a bunch of dumb asses.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

They also won't be denied health care if they get sick, even if it's entirely the fault of their own self-important stupidity. More's the pity.

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

Geez, Scooter! It's Pennsylvania!

Neither the mayor of Pittsburgh nor the governor can fart in the the general direction of the Constitution w/o people showing up with their toys.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Lots of New York stuff in the news. Cuomo is headed for the White House for an audience. Does he get complimentary knee pads or does he have to bring his own?

Meanwhile De Boner is getting lots of feedback on his snitch line by New Yorkers pleased with his performance.

"Mayor Bill de Blasio’s critics let him know how they really felt about him ordering New Yorkers to snitch on each other for violating social-distancing rules — by flooding his new tip line with crank complaints including “dick pics” and people flipping the bird,"

"One user sent the message “We will fight this tyrannical overreach!” to the service and got an automated message that in part said, “Hello, and thank you for texting NYC311.”

“F–k you!” replied @MorganLSchmidt1, along with a meme showing Adolph Hitler and the words “TO THOSE TURNING IN YOUR NEIGHBORS AND LOCAL BUSINESSES — YOU DID THE REICH THING.”"

"Other profane messages included a photo of a bowl of gummy candies in the shape of male genitalia and a sign saying “EAT A BAG OF D–KS.”

It was not immediately clear whether any of the posters actually lived in New York City.

An NYPD source said that “dick pic” photos of real penises have also been texted to 311, and a caller phoned in a tip that de Blasio was seen performing oral sex on someone “in an alleyway behind a 7-11” early Sunday.

“He looked at me…and coofed in my direction,” the caller said, according to a photo of the 311 operator’s computer screen provided to The Post."

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/de-blasio ... scenities/