Slow Joe is a no go?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
MajGenl.Meade

Re: Slow Joe is a no go?

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:25 am
It’s pretty discouraging that our choices are 2 creepy, gross and disgusting old men, one of whom seems to have Alzheimer’s and the other who is just stupid. Tragic.
I've arrived at that conclusion. It's depressing.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I think Biden's biggest problem is to generate enthusiasm to get voters out; some voters, like me, would go out in droves to vote against Trump whoever was running against him, but others might just be disenchanted and remain home. Hopefully, he can turn this around, perhaps by choosing a good running mate. Quite frankly, I think Trump (grab them by the Pussy, lover of golden showers, ...) could not easily use these allegations effectively against Pence, but them dems have to stop fighting among themselves.

And @W, true enough but I can't think of the last time I was actually enthusiastic about a candidate (probably Carter, and we saw what happened there), I guess I'm too cynical, but then I'm never disappointed.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’m getting tired of people labeling Biden as suffering from Alzheimer’s - I’ve watched numerous interviews with him in recent months, not just the gaffe sound bites replayed endlessly on FOX but entire 10-30 minute interviews and he doesn’t exhibit any signs of dementia, just the usual stumbling speech that he’s suffered from his entire career. Sure he scrambles his ‘back in the day’ stories now and then, but as I recall he’s been doing that a long time too. I’m sure he’s not as sharp at 77 as he was at 47, but as someone who has worked with a few dozen Alzheimer’s patients at this point, Biden isn’t that. It’s insulting to play fast and loose with that diagnosis, too.

Biden is old. Trump is old. Biden has decades of experience navigating our federal government system and a moral compass; Trump is an amoral malignant narcissist lacking any competence in governing. It’s a no brainer - and in post pandemic speeches Biden is sounding more and more like a politician ready to go full FDR on the looming recovery challenges, so I think he is somebody who might, in fact, inspire citizens of all ages at a time when that will be sorely needed.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

They are both inspiring me, to not vote. No indications of strong leadership on either count. And both are, by all indications, not anyone a woman ought to be happy as her choice. But hey, some people are going to support the aging old farts irrespective of what their histories and actions indicate.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I think this one bears repeating:
92242755_10222147240740025_3185607458538127360_n.jpg
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:17 pm
They are both inspiring me, to not vote. No indications of strong leadership on either count. And both are, by all indications, not anyone a woman ought to be happy as her choice. But hey, some people are going to support the aging old farts irrespective of what their histories and actions indicate.
You must vote for Biden. Trump needs to lose bigly. Biden with Alzheimer's as a running mate would be better than the disgusting lump of shit that now stains the carpet in the oval office. If you have an ounce of decency in your entire body, you must vote for Biden. You don't have to like him. Just do it.

Make America Boring Again.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Nope, not happening. A sharp stick to the eye would be better. Not voting feels better to my soul and I figure Trump will lose on his own merit. I live in a very Republican state and Trump will win it anyway, whether I sit it out or not and irrespective of how he will do nationally.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:52 pm
Nope, not happening. A sharp stick to the eye would be better. Not voting feels better to my soul and I figure Trump will lose on his own merit. I live in a very Republican state and Trump will win it anyway, whether I sit it out or not and irrespective of how he will do nationally.
We thought that last time
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
It's people like you who could keep this country deeply divided and cause a revolutionary race war which could result in millions of deaths within our own borders and destroy everything this country once stood for. Go look in the mirror. Think of how you would look if you were suddenly a Chinese Russian - because that's what's gonna happen if Trump stays in office. You will be forced to work in covid infested hospitals with no masks or gloves with your bad toe pulsating in tremendous endless pain.

How can you allow that to happen? I'm beginning to lose all faith in mankind.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Crackpot wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:24 pm
TPFKA@W wrote:
As the saying goes, "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups" ... and Trump's zombie horde is large and you can be sure that they WILL come out and vote.  And that's why we need to vote for Biden or whoever ends up carrying the Democrats' banner in November — to make certain that Trump's out for sure this time.  You can't just assume that he's gonna lose anyway any more you can assume you've eliminated a cockroach infestation by killing one or two roaches crawling across the floor.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Crackpot wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:24 pm
TPFKA@W wrote:
Trump took Indiana last time and he will again. My voting for grandpa Alzheimer would be a fart in the wind. It would also cause me indigestion. Might vote 3rd party or do a write in.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:29 pm
TPFKA@W wrote:
It's people like you who could keep this country deeply divided and cause a revolutionary race war which could result in millions of deaths within our own borders and destroy everything this country once stood for. Go look in the mirror. Think of how you would look if you were suddenly a Chinese Russian - because that's what's gonna happen if Trump stays in office. You will be forced to work in covid infested hospitals with no masks or gloves with your bad toe pulsating in tremendous endless pain.

How can you allow that to happen? I'm beginning to lose all faith in mankind.

I suddenly feel drunk with power.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:46 pm
I've got $13.56 in my pocket that I need in order to be able to maintain my normal diet of whole wheat bread, stolen multivitamins and club soda for the next two days. I'll not eat for two days and send the money to you if you'll vote for Biden. It's the right thing to do. God bless America.
Last edited by Joe Guy on Fri May 08, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:00 pm
TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:46 pm
I've got $13.56 in my pocket that I need in order to be able to maintain my normal diet of whole wheat bread, stolen multivitamins and club soda for the next two days. I'll not eat for two days and send the money to you if you'll vote for Trump. It's the right thing to do. God bless America.
Making America Gag Again!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Oops. I said "vote for Trump" and I just edited my post. I'm getting sick....

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:10 pm
Oops. I said "vote for Trump" and I just edited my post. I'm getting sick....
The Freudian slip of a true Trumper at heart. Immortalized in quotes.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Biden was always near the bottom of my list, and god knows I’m sick to death of the rule of privileged old white men, but I will vote for him 1000 times over Trump, and his long long history of harassing, pussy-grabbing, assaulting behavior, and the dozens of women who have made claims against him. Trying to draw a moral equivalency between Biden and Trump is the exact same bullshit that was done to HRC, particularly by the Jill Stein crazies and the Bernie Bros. Their moral superiority can kiss my ass, and is a big part of why we have Trump. Grownups know that you don’t get your way every single time, and sometimes you have pull up your big girl and boy panties and do the right thing, even if its not the outcome you wanted.

I’ve been voting since 1988, and I’ve voted for my preferred candidates for President in exactly 3 out of what will be 9 general elections as of 2020. I’ve managed to get out and vote in those elections for the candidate of my party every single time - even work for them some times — because I believe every single vote matters, regardless of whether you win or lose (and believe me, in politics as in all things competitive, I hate to lose).

ETA: I posted before on this Board that while I think Joe is a step backwards, I’d rather live in the 80s and 90s than the 30s (Trump world). I don’t entirely understand why, with a whole range of good, diverse candidates to chose from the Dems ended up here (yes, I know, but you know — and that’s probably a discussion for another thread), but here is where we are, and I cannot do anything but hold my nose and support him.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Guinevere wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 2:59 am
I will vote for him 1000 times over Trump
You might want to move to Chicago, where the slogan "VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN" originated. :mrgreen:
Guinevere wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 2:59 am
I’ve been voting since 1988, and I’ve voted for my preferred candidates for President in exactly 3 out of what will be 9 general elections as of 2020.
I've voted for my preferred candidate in 5 out of what will be 14 elections as of 2020. (I've been voting since 1968, and I've voted for the winning candidate in 5 out of 13 Presidential elections since then...though I've voted for the winner of the popular vote 7 out of 13 times!)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Darren

Slow Joe can't help himself.

Post by Darren »

Did slow Joe chop off the political limb supporting liberal feminists willing to back him?

Former Vice President Joe Biden, after again emphatically denying the claim of a former staffer that he sexually assaulted her nearly three decades ago, acknowledged for the first time Thursday the dilemma now facing some potential supporters in November, saying: “They should vote with their heart.” “If they believe Tara Reade, they probably shouldn’t vote for me. I wouldn’t vote for me if I believed Tara Reade,” Biden told Lawrence O’Donnell during an extended interview Thursday on MSNBC.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Slow Joe is doing just fine.
Attachments
75C1305E-1678-4644-B077-093887FE4D6F.jpeg
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan