Will General Michael Flynn be exonerated?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!

Will the court dismiss charges against Flynn?

No.
50%
Yes.
50%

Total votes: 6

rubato

Re: Will General Michael Flynn be exonerated?

Post by rubato »

A perversion of justice. He did it and admitted it.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

rubato

Post by rubato »

According to Darren OJ is innocent.

Yrs,
Rubato

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

NO.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Darren

Post by Darren »

Catherine Herridge

@CBS_Herridge

#FLYNN On new records, motion to dismiss, Judge Sullivan sets first deadline within days: “GOV shall file a response to Mr. Flynn's sealed motion by no later than 12:00 PM on 5/4/2020 and Mr. Flynn shall file his reply by no later than 12:00 PM on 5/6/2020” @CBSNews"
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Darren, I guess time will tell.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Somebody really should just shoot this pointless diversion thread in the head...
ImageImageImage

Darren

Post by Darren »

Lord Jim wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:24 pm
Somebody really should just shoot this pointless diversion thread in the head...
If you believe the mediademic will continue well into May, I can see why you think this thread is a diversion.

From my POV this is a preview of more "Flynn" type stuff coming up fast. If you wish to continue drinking in the media message on the corona virus, that's your choice.

There's a bigger picture. Whether you chose to explore or ignore is again your choice ... for awhile.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Now... later? Oh, man, the suspense is going to kill me.

Darren

Post by Darren »

RayThom wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:00 am
Now... later? Oh, man, the suspense is going to kill me.
Some addictions are deadly. Others no so much. But they can be debilitating and distracting.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I think that much like some of wes' pointless diversion threads, so long as Darren insists on refusing to let it die a merciful death, this one would make a good home for novelty songs and classic comedy bits...(At least that would make the thread worth reading)

I think I'll start off with a number that seems particularly appropriate for anyone who has actually bee reading this thread regularly:

ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

OK - a bit appropriate

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Darren

Post by Darren »

America roots for underdogs. Flynn an underdog. Is it on the network media?

Posted May 3, 2020 at 3:05 PM

"Lavrentiy Beria, the infamous prosecutor for the murderous dictator Josef Stalin, boasted of his system of “justice” in the Soviet Union. “Show me the man,” he said, “and I’ll find you the crime.”

It is horrifying that several leading figures at the Federal Bureau of Investigation evidently adopted this standard in going after three-star General Michael Flynn, who has Rhode Island connections.

New documents finally disclosed under pressure from General Flynn and his lawyer, Sidney Powell, showed the FBI plotted to set up Mr. Flynn and bring him down.

He was driven out of his job as national security adviser to President Trump, and eventually pleaded guilty to lying to agents. Prosecutors had made clear they would target his son for prosecution unless he did so, Ms. Powell contends.

Mr. Flynn is trying to withdraw that plea, given that loads of exculpatory evidence has come to light.

The FBI decided to use the chaos surrounding the presidential transition to send agents to interview General Flynn at the White House in January 2017. Agents told him at the time he would not need a lawyer. Mr. Flynn, believing he was not a target, brought them in and talked openly with them.

Documents that the Justice Department unsealed late Wednesday revealed that top FBI officials pondered whether their “goal” in interviewing the general would be “to get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired.”

In other words, it was a frame-up.

In America, that’s a no-no. There must be probable cause for investigations, lest the government abuse its powers and go after its political enemies, negating our core values of equal justice and our cherished First Amendment right to oppose the government politically.

It is possible now that some of the agents could be charged by U.S. Attorney John Durham, who is looking into an alleged conspiracy by members of the Obama administration against the incoming president."

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Are you insane or just stupid?

Catching bad guys in lies is literally what cops do all day long in America, and it is entirely legal. In fact, the Supreme Court has repeatedly sanctioned the police tactic of strategic lying to suspects in the process of interviewing (a/k/a interrogating) them, in order to catch them out in lies and thereby get to the truth.

The cops don’t ‘make’ anyone lie, except in the case of coerced confessions - and there is zero evidence that happened here. Flynn lied and he acknowledged lying.

And police and prosecutors make deals every day that include forgoing the prosecution of family members in order to get a perp to cooperate and confess. This is also perfectly legal. You might find it distasteful, but one can’t always use squeaky clean practices if one wants to catch lying scum.

If the loads of exculpatory evidence you are going on about amounts to Flynn lied and the cops invited him to, your guy has got nothing.

Who defends a liar with such vehemence, anyway? Only a Trump cultist.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

OK - a bit appropriate
A real toe tapper... :D
ImageImageImage

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Darren wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:08 pm
In other words, it was a frame-up.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

ImageImageImage

Darren

Post by Darren »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:34 pm
Are you insane or just stupid?

Catching bad guys in lies is literally what cops do all day long in America, and it is entirely legal. In fact, the Supreme Court has repeatedly sanctioned the police tactic of strategic lying to suspects in the process of interviewing (a/k/a interrogating) them, in order to catch them out in lies and thereby get to the truth.

The cops don’t ‘make’ anyone lie, except in the case of coerced confessions - and there is zero evidence that happened here. Flynn lied and he acknowledged lying.

And police and prosecutors make deals every day that include forgoing the prosecution of family members in order to get a perp to cooperate and confess. This is also perfectly legal. You might find it distasteful, but one can’t always use squeaky clean practices if one wants to catch lying scum.

If the loads of exculpatory evidence you are going on about amounts to Flynn lied and the cops invited him to, your guy has got nothing.

Who defends a liar with such vehemence, anyway? Only a Trump cultist.
I'll take that as you're saying the charges against him will not be dismissed. Because, as you pointed out and believe, the Supreme Court has already signed off on those actions by law enforcement.

Other than his episode with the FBI what qualifies him for the "scum" designation.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

ImageImageImage