Will General Michael Flynn be exonerated?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!

Will the court dismiss charges against Flynn?

No.
50%
Yes.
50%

Total votes: 6

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Will General Michael Flynn be exonerated?

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:39 am
BB, why do liberals try to use that Kool Aids drinking thing against none liberal? The only Kool Aid drinking I know of happened in Jones Town and those people were liberals. It was liberals that drank the Kool Aid.
I wasn't talking about liberals vs non-liberals, or right-wingers, or America Firsters, or fascists, or whatever term you wish to use to describe yourself.  My comparison was to the fools who accept and do whatever their charismatic or powerful leader tells them to, whether it's to kill themselves and their children by drinking poison (or injecting into the mouths of those too young, old, or weak to drink it for themselves), or the fight to the death/no surrender policy as dictated by the Emperor of Japan and exemplified by the Japanese military and populace during WWII, or killing themselves in order to board a passing flying saucer as part of their 'graduation' from the Human Evolutionary Level (the 'Heaven's Gate' cult), or to the way most of the ordinary German populace was able to turn a blind eye to the dehumanization and eventual disappearance of more than 6 million people under the 'ethnic cleansing' of Herr Hitler and his Nazi party.

Or the number of mindless zombies who overlooked each and every one of the red flags Trump kept raising during the 2016 campaign — seriously, how many other candidates have claimed they could commit cold-blooded murder on New York's Fifth Avenue and get away with it, or when transcripts of himself claiming that "...when you’re a star, they let you do it ... Grab ’em by the pussy.  You can do anything ..." emerged, merely dismiss it as "Fake News"? — and were still able to not only vote for him but still stand in ranks behind him, even now, given that just about every promise he ever made, like the "hyuuuge" wall that was going to be erected on the southern border and paid for by the Mexican government, turned out to be little more than balloon juice?  Hell, the events of the past two months alone show that he has done just the opposite of his catchphrase, "Make America Great Again".

And that's why I said that Darren — and you too, for that matter — need to mix yourself up another helping of Trump's blend of 'Fool-Aid', lest the mind-numbing effect of the last batch start to wear off and you begin to perceive truth and reality again.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Excellent post, BB!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Darren

What's next after Fynn?

Post by Darren »

Some federales have some splaining to do. Who will be the first one in the barrel?

"While it will take time to sift through the thousands of pages, some of the juicier quotes have already made their way to the public. Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, for example, told the committee he “never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting/ conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election.” When asked under oath in 2017 whether he had any direct evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia, Clapper said no. "I never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting/conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election." "

https://progressivepartyusa.com/progres ... ript-dump/
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Darren

Post by Darren »

If you haven't stockpiled popcorn, now's the time to do it.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

So good Clapper said it

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Darren

Post by Darren »

It's going to be a really big shew.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Darren wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:09 am
Don't tease us Darren, what do you know about the DC circus that we don't?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

RayThom wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:35 am
Darren wrote:
Everything 'reported' on FOX NEWS and Limbaugh's show.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Darren

Post by Darren »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:51 am
RayThom wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:35 am
Darren wrote:
Everything 'reported' on FOX NEWS and Limbaugh's show.
I don't watch or listen to those. What are they saying?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Did that question read like this from the get-go: "Will the court dismiss charges against Flynn?"

Or was it edited post factoids?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies.

-- Donald j. Trump, December 2, 2017
He was an innocent man. He was targeted by the Obama administration. He was targeted to try and take down a president. I hope a big price is going to be paid.

-- Donald J. Trump, May 7, 2020
Was he lying then, or is he lying now?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

"As a self-proclaimed adherent to Hanlon’s Razor, I once cynically viewed the frenzied focus on FBI actions during the 2016 Russian election-meddling investigation as partisan and overwrought. Hanlon’s Razor suggests that we never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity or incompetence.

Having proudly served in the FBI for 25 years, I bristled at insulting accusations of an onerous deep state conspiracy. Some obvious mistakes made during the investigation of the Trump campaign were quite possibly the result of two ham-handedly overzealous FBI headquarters denizens, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, clumsily seeking to impress each other with ever-increasing levels of loathing for then-candidate Donald Trump.

FBI employees are entitled to their own political views. But senior-level decision-makers who express them on government devices, while overseeing a supremely consequential investigation into a political campaign, simply do not possess the requisite judgment and temperament for the job.

Their stunning text message exchanges and talk of an onerous “insurance policy” in the event Trump were to win prove how ill-suited they were for their positions in James Comey’s cabinet. What other steps might they have taken that have yet to be discovered? The inspector general is soon set to release a report into FBI actions in the effort to surveil the Trump campaign. Attorney General Bill Barr’s Justice Department is conducting its own review, and U.S. Attorney John Durham recently expanded his investigation into the case as well, by converting the review into a full-blown criminal investigation. Barr has faced backlash from critics of his investigation, who ironically have referred to it as a witch hunt.

But as we anxiously await the expected reports, there recently appeared some fairly explosive allegations into potential investigator misconduct that have not received the attention they deserve. With her filing of a blistering Motion to Compel against federal prosecutors in the Michael Flynn case just made public, Sidney Powell has upended my adherence to Hanlon’s Razor. Powell is the attorney for former national security adviser and retired Army Lt. Gen. Flynn, who pled guilty to one count of lying to FBI agents during the special counsel investigation. Powell’s motion seeks to unravel a case many feel was biased from its inception.

One of the most damning charges contained within Powell’s 37-page court brief is that Page, the DOJ lawyer assigned to the office of then-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, may have materially altered Flynn’s interview FD-302, which was drafted by Strzok. FBI agents transfer handwritten interview notes onto a formal testimonial document, FD-302, within five days of conducting an interview, while recollections are still fresh."

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Is Flynn guilty? I dunno. The answer I have is that I can't say. I am not the judge or the jury that has heard the facts. It is not unknown for a a person arrested and found 'guilty' by the current process, to find another lawyer team who on appeal, can get it all changed, even if the person had pled 'guilty'.

But I am a citizen of the USofA and the whole thing stinks. Flynn is a retired Lt Gen'l of the US Army. In 1961 I came across an Army field manual giving official US Army guidance to chaplains any religion, serving as army chaplain. When someone in the military refers to doing in something 'by the book', field manuals are the book they are talking about. It specifically described the material to be presented in any homily while they were acting as Army chaplain. The subtitle of the manual was "Duty, Honor, Country." We now have a military from top to bottom who are all volunteers. Where is the duty, honor, country, for a retired general of the US Army (who never stops being a flag officer of that Army) to sell his services to a foreign government like Turkey, which Flynn undisputedly did? Is our national military just a bunch of mercenaries, available, when their current contract expires,anywhere the price is right? It just does not pass my smell test, even if the foreign government is San Marino.

It certainly seems to me that most other parts of the government, local or national are for sale. It is an accepted cliche that any congress-critter spends more time begging for money for their campaign chest than they do studying legislative proposals. I had hoped that the militiary had somehow walled itself off from this aspect of our national character. It was a major factor that guided my son from becoming a civilian contractor for the Navy when his 20 was up. He saw over and over that contracts were issued and missions approved to move money into the pockets of the politically favored. He had enough personal honor that he got out rather than participate. Flynn held his hand out for the money. His honor was for sale. Politics as usual in the good ol' USA.

snailgate

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Scooter wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:09 pm
I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies.

-- Donald j. Trump, December 2, 2017
He was an innocent man. He was targeted by the Obama administration. He was targeted to try and take down a president. I hope a big price is going to be paid.

-- Donald J. Trump, May 7, 2020
Was he lying then, or is he lying now?
Yes, and yes.  And whatever he says next about this, he will be lying then as well.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 2:53 pm
Did that question read like this from the get-go: "Will the court dismiss charges against Flynn?"

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 6:35 am
MajGenl.Meade wrote:

I see what you did here, Meade.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Darren

Post by Darren »

It looks like it may be back to the White House for General Flynn. The trial balloons are up. I'm thinking it's back to flushing out the intelligence agencies for him.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Hey Darren . . .
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 6:35 am
MajGenl.Meade wrote:

Darren

Post by Darren »

"On Saturday, Jonathan Turley, Constitutional Law Professor at George Washington University, blasted Obama after the ex-POTUS made false claims about the DOJ dismissing the charges against former national security adviser Flynn."

""The news over the last 24 hours I think has been somewhat downplayed — about the Justice Department dropping charges against Michael Flynn,” Obama said during the call. "And the fact that there is no precedent that anybody can find for someone who has been charged with perjury just getting off scot-free.""

"Professor Turley, who is a Democrat, responded by blasting Obama's claims as false. Turley notes that Flynn was never charged with perjury and that his claim that there was “no precedent” for what the DOJ did with Flynn is false. The Obama administration did the same thing with former Attorney General Eric Holder, Turley explains."

https://neonnettle.com/news/11257-democ ... flynn-case