2020 Presidential Polls and Projections

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Re: 2020 Presidential Polls and Projections

Post by BoSoxGal »

Georgia has in place one of the ugliest voter suppression machines in the country - D voters will need to be dedicated to checking their registration status, requesting absentee ballots and following through when they don’t arrive - meaning hours in line on Election Day, unless they can early vote.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Electoral-vote.com wrote an article about this in today's edition, in which they compared the Democratic vote in the 2016 primary (competitive races for both presidency and senate), which was 765,000, and the 2020 primary (competitive race for senate but not for presidency), which is 1.06 million and counting. They speak to a number of factors contributing to this.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

A new poll keeps Texas in the still too close to call category.

Biden 368
Trump 170

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

Polls, polls
Everywhere there's polls
Boosting expections
Just like before time …

My offer still stands. Don't be shy. I'm sure you might have a favorite charity that could use the money.

"DONALD TRUMP is on course for victory in the US Presidential election in November despite the wave of protests which have swept America in the wake of the killing of African American George Floyd.
Crucially though Mr Trump is six points ahead in the swing states of Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin by 50 percent to 44 percent.

Based on these results the President would see off his rival in the electoral college by 293 votes to 245 with Trump picking up Minnesota where George Floyd was killed and the Democrat stronghold of New Hampshire but losing Michigan and Wisconsin."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... of-america
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Damn you, Scooter, Darren and "Doc" don't want you, or anyone else for that matter, to check the inaccuracy of most of what he pukes up in here.

Be prepared for his own brand of skewed fact checking which I'm sure he's loading into the chute as I type.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Since I won't Stump for Trump, and AlzheimerJoe is a no go I think I will vote for The other Jo, Jo Jorensen.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:30 pm
Since I won't Stump for Trump, and AlzheimerJoe is a no go I think I will vote for The other Jo, Jo Jorensen.
Is this wasting your vote? I think so, especially with so many civil and human rights in the balance this time around.

Regardless, on November 3rd be sure to exercise your franchise. Not voting displays nothing but apathy, something we are seeing all to much of lately. I wish your candidate all the luck in the world.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

RayThom wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:44 pm
TPFKA@W wrote:
Is this wasting your vote? I think so, especially with so many civil and human rights in the balance this time around.

Regardless, on November 3rd be sure to exercise your franchise. Not voting displays nothing but apathy, something we are seeing all to much of lately. I wish your candidate all the luck in the world.
Then not voting it is.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Have you forgotten 2016 already?
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

What that while the conclusions was wrong they weren’t outside the margin of error?
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

RayThom

2020 Presidential Polls and Projections

Post by RayThom »

Drivel wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:23 pm
Have you forgotten 2016 already?
Darren, that was then, this is now.

This Trumpian rally cry is becoming old real quick. Biden's numbers are so much better -- and clearer -- against our Grifter-in-Chief than Clinton's were four years ago. It's almost an "apples and oranges" comparison at this point.

I can't wait for the November 3rd poll. It's going to be a spectacular color of Blue.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Trump knows that he doesn't have to get EVERYBODY to vote for him — hell, they can vote for whoever turns out to be the Libertarian candidate, or the Green candidate, or the American Communist pary, or even just writing in Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck, just so long as they don't vote for Biden.  So he's working the old "divide and conquer" tactics for all they're worth, and that's why he's hammering on Biden's supposed weaknesses and other shortcomings.

So even if you have to hold your nose with both hands and clutch the pen in your teeth to mark the ballot, you need to vote for Biden, because staying home and not voting or casting a vote for ANYONE except Biden is the same as a half-vote for Trump.  And I think most anybody with half a brain knows that we can't tolerate another four years of the Man Who Would Declare Himself King If He Thought He Could Get Away With It.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

the Man Who Would Declare Himself King If He Thought He Could Get Away With It
...And Will, If We Give Him Four More Years.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Anybody who doesn't vote for Biden in order to ensure Trump's loss should lose their voting rights and be forced to work for no pay in the cotton fields down south.

dales

Post by dales »

Not 100% behind Biden.

However, he will get my vote as he has the best chance of defeating Trump.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

A slew of new polls reaffirms Biden's lead in every swing state polled except Iowa, plus Georgia. And Texas is once again tied.

Biden 368
Trump 132
Ties 38

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

A Texas poll that has Biden edging out Trump combines with a poll that has Trump edging out Biden by slightly more to put Texas back in Trump's column.

Biden 368
Trump 170

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

This time, mixed polling in Texas switches the state over to Biden, while a YouGov poll shows Arizona as a tie.

Biden 395
Trump 132
Ties 11

-- Author unknown