Ahmaud Arbery

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

Ahmaud Arbery

Post by Scooter »

What is there to say, man executed by racist fuckwads for jogging while black. Racist fuckwads almost got away with it without even being arrested, because of their connection to corrupt racist DAs. In the end, they were arrested, not because police had incontrovertible video evidence of his murder (which they had from day one), but because WE were able to see that video.

And the fuckers will probably get off, because, you know, Georgia.

If your reaction to this slaughter is "if Arbery had only...." or "why did Arbery choose to...", then you are part of the problem. Just shut up now.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Darren

Re: Ahmaud Arbery

Post by Darren »

The odd thing is he's been caught jogging before about 40 miles from home. I'm not seeing that he participates in marathon running. Marathon burglary but not running.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

RayThom

Ahmaud Arbery

Post by RayThom »

Darren wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:50 pm
The odd thing is he's been caught jogging before about 40 miles from home. I'm not seeing that he participates in marathon running. Marathon burglary but not running.
Regardless, nothing he did that day can justify his death.

It's racism and murder, pure and simple, carried out by ignorant rednecks.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

RayThom wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:25 am
Darren wrote:

I consider them innocent until proven guilty. Much as you consider their guilt as absolute, I'll wait for the jury verdict.

Benjamin Crump getting involved is more than interesting.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Chavous B Johnson & Reid Funeral Service Obituary

Ahmaud Marquez Arbery was born on Sunday, May 08, 1994 and passed away on Sunday, February 23, 2020. Ahmaud Marquez Arbery was a resident of Brunswick, Georgia at the time of passing

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Interesting how black men are never accorded the benefit of being considered innocent until proven guilty before bloodthirsty racist posses (in uniform or not) slaughter them in the streets.

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Darren wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:25 am
RayThom wrote:
Darren wrote:

I consider them innocent until proven guilty. Much as you consider their guilt as absolute, I'll wait for the jury verdict.

Except you seem very willing to refuse presumption of innocence to Arbery.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Darren

Post by Darren »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:45 am
Darren wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:25 am
RayThom wrote:

Except you seem very willing to refuse presumption of innocence to Arbery.
I'm reading conflicting reports similar to what first surfaced after Zimmerman was charged with killing Martin. The killing after an investigation was not pursued by the DA same as this case.

Most never knew of Zimmerman's defense of a Black man previously nor did the media disclose Zimmerman's Hispanic and Black ancestry.

As time went on more came out that explained the events that led up to the killing along with why the incident became a media sensation that ended with the inexplicable, to many, acquittal of Zimmerman.

There's an oddity about the recent killing and an incident years ago I need to understand.

I'm also discounting the story about Arbery grabbing the shotgun resulting in part of his hand being blown off. Did he put up his hand in defense or did he grapple with the father and try to take it away?

Take that anyway you want. FWIW, Benjamin Crump should have been disbarred for his dishonesty and his payday manipulation of the media.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Darren wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:08 am
FWIW, Benjamin Crump should have been disbarred for his dishonesty and his payday manipulation of the media. Lawyerin' While Black.
FTFY
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I'll have more to say about this later, but I just wanted to say for the record (as regular readers of this space will know) as a person who is NOT inclined to jump to conclusions of police misconduct every time an accusation of police misconduct is made,I am absolutely appalled by the delay it took in arresting these two on what was a clear display of cold blooded murder.

Apparently from day one, they had the tape in hand showing that the statements made by these two claiming "self-defense" were pure bullshit, and they did absolutely nothing about it. (No doubt due in large measure to the fact that the father was a retired cop,)

In addition to the murder investigation there needs to be a thorough independent investigation of the original "investigation", and where wrong doing is found, those guilty should have the book thrown at them and face the maximum charges and penalties available,

There is clearly something rotten in the local police department, and it needs to be brought to light and rooted out.
ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Apparently it was the local DA who protected them in large part - she needs to be held accountable but likely won’t be.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Darren

Post by Darren »

Back to the late Trayvon Martin.

Why didn't Obama's DOJ file federal charges against George Zimmerman? The DOJ did conduct an investigation.

What happened? What did the DOJ know that you don't?

You'd think with Obama saying if he had a son he would be like Trayvon, the DOJ would have filed federal charges.

The DOJ has stepped into other cases where local prosecution failed to get a conviction.

Some background on Trayvon's childhood.

Sybrina Fulton, Trayvon's biological mother did not raise him. She gave him up when he was an infant. Alicia Stanley, Martin's father's girlfriend was the woman who raised him. The portion in parenthesis is incorrect. Martin's father and his girlfriend went out that night. Trayon was left with Green's younger son.

"Alicia Stanley, is Trayvon's fathers fiance, Brandy Green is Trayvon's father's girlfriend.
Sister Stanley claims she practically raised Trayvon,
yet (it was sister Green who identified Trayvon into the gate for entrance that fatefull night) and one testimony from her would put George Zimmerman under the jail.

Her role shifted when Trayvon died. Stanley claims she wasn’t allowed to sit in the front row at her stepson’s funeral and has since been shunned by the man she planned to marry.
“They told me to ‘get in where I fit in,” Stanley said with tears in her eyes. “I can’t sit on the front row at my son’s funeral to see him home. That hurt me, that was the most painful thing they could do to me.”"

https://destee.com/threads/alicia-stanl ... ion.76924/
Last edited by Darren on Sun May 10, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Econoline wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:38 am
Darren wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:08 am
FWIW, Benjamin Crump should have been disbarred for his dishonesty and his payday manipulation of the media. Lawyerin' While Black.
FTFY
I'll get to Crump's obstruction of justice. Since you'd like to read the details from a respected source rather than take my word for it, I need to find sources from years ago.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Darren wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:52 pm
Look, a squirrel!

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:02 pm
Darren wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:52 pm
Look, a squirrel!
Scooter, if all you're interested in is virtue signaling I understand. To be part of a group you must conform.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I'm sorry that actually giving a shit about innocent lives being snuffed out for no good reason isn't something you care about. Carry on, then.

-- Author unknown

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

I took my “tribute run” on Friday for Ahmaud. It’s disgraceful that not only was he clearly hunted down and murdered in broad daylight but that it took months and a “leaked” video to get arrests made. I posted my hashtaged run info and commented that “I ran 2.23 miles without fear of being murdered”. One of my friends asked, “why would you fear being murdered on a run?” Exactly the point.

Innocent until proven guilty for the alleged murderers who allegedly murdered him on an alleged video. I’m all for that. Ahmad Arbery was not afforded that “luxury” though. He was merely innocent until proven not white.

Darren

Post by Darren »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 5:46 am
Apparently it was the local DA who protected them in large part - she needs to be held accountable but likely won’t be.
Two have already recused themselves due to previous associations with the culprits.

If nothing came out of the police investigation, that's the best option to ensure subsequent legal action is not challenged as tainted if acquittals result.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Yeah, we get it. Mr Arbery's killers are innocent because Trayvon.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts