Ahmaud Arbery

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Darren

Re: Ahmaud Arbery

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:08 am
Immediate knowledge of what? These alleged "burglaries" (with no police reports to corroborate their existence) were not witnessed by either thug. Nor was this alleged "trespass" (which doesn't rise to the level of a felony, so irrelevant anyway).

Sure, all Arbery had to do was take the word of two thugs trying to hold him hostage at gunpoint that they meant him no harm. Yeah, I'm sure I would have believed that in his place. :roll: :loon :roll:

How did your girlfriend the dog groomer take it when you told her that she would be at fault for getting shot if she didn't comply with the demands of her rapist?
If you want to get hypothetical Doc would shoot them with her S&W. I have to remind her not to carry it into federal buildings especially the VA with the cops running around.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

So if Arbery had been in a possession of a gun of his own, and had killed his assailants defending himself against their violent criminal assault on him, then that would be okay with you. But somehow he is to blame when his assailant(s) shoot(s) him while trying to defend himself.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:35 am
So if Arbery had been in a possession of a gun of his own, and had killed his assailants defending himself against their violent criminal assault on him, then that would be okay with you. But somehow he is to blame when his assailant(s) shoot(s) him while trying to defend himself.
Was Trayvon Martin defending himself when he decided to teach the creepy, cracker George Zimmerman a lesson by attacking him? All Martin had to do was go back to his father's girlfriend's house.

Zimmerman had already turned back to go to his truck in compliance with the dispatcher's direction.

Did you ever wonder why his father and his father's girlfriend never looked for him when they got back that night and Trayvon wasn't there?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

So because you can't find your way out the logical hole you dug for yourself in this case, you try changing the channel to Trayvon Martin instead.

-- Author unknown

dales

Post by dales »

That's SOP for Darrin.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Darren

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:40 am
So because you can't find your way out the logical hole you dug for yourself in this case, you try changing the channel to Trayvon Martin instead.
If you can't learn from history will you ever learn? The Martin case was a trial due to outrage. Same with Abery. Apparently you didn't watch Sotomayer's video all the way through.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Darren wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:25 am
Look, a squirrel!

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Darren wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:32 pm
I wonder if under GA law you need to wear something reflective when jogging at night.
It wasn't night. Are you willing to bother typing "Oh, yes I made an error"? Of course not.

Are you willing to provide your source for the address you loudly assert is his mother's, 13 miles away from the shooting - street, bldg nbr, and unit nbr? Of course not.

<racist crickets>
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Hey, don't slur crickets with our peculiar twisted human affliction!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Darren

Post by Darren »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:54 am
Darren wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:32 pm
I wonder if under GA law you need to wear something reflective when jogging at night.
It wasn't night. Are you willing to bother typing "Oh, yes I made an error"? Of course not.

Are you willing to provide your source for the address you loudly assert is his mother's, 13 miles away from the shooting - street, bldg nbr, and unit nbr? Of course not.

<racist crickets>
Why do you want my information source?

As for the night jogging, look at the pictures above for yourself that came out of the same home at some time before his last "inspection" that happened during the daytime.

You now have videos from two black men that are laughing at the idea of Arbery jogging. What do they know that you can't comprehend? Do you have difficulty understanding Black men. I don't. They speak well.

Do you have an issue with Black men offering opinions including one who as an ex-policeman knows the law? Do you view Black men as inferior and not worthy of consideration?

The Blacks I've worked for or with were competent and worthy role models. Once again I offer a suggestion. Read "The Nature of Prejudice" by Gordon Allport. You won't truly know yourself until you do,

Darren

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:53 am
Darren wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:25 am
Look, a squirrel!
I'll ask you the same question I asked Meade.

Do you have a problem with Black men laughing about Averby jogging and offering their own opinions on the incident? I have no issue with listening to and considering their opinions. Why do you have a problem with black men? Do you consider them inferior and of low intellect?

That's not been my experience with Blacks I've either worked for or with or hired.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Just because you choose to run into rabbit holes to deflect from the issues at hand, doesn't oblige anyone else to follow you.

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Darren wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:43 am

As for the night jogging, look at the pictures above for yourself that came out of the same home at some time before his last "inspection" that happened during the daytime.

You now have videos from two black men that are laughing at the idea of Arbery jogging. What do they know that you can't comprehend? Do you have difficulty understanding Black men. I don't. They speak well

Do you have an issue with Black men offering opinions including one who as an ex-policeman knows the law? Do you view Black men as inferior and not worthy of consideration?
(a) I would like you to explain on what basis you assign a particular street address to this man's mother. Either you have a source or you made it up. The point being that you claim his mother's house is 13 miles from where he is shot, whereas news sources say it is 2 miles. One of youse may be right - I'd like to know which

(b) I'm sorry. I made a mistake. The pictures were taken at a different time. I did not read that correctly
See how easy that is? To admit an error . . . I wonder if he stopped in to take a leak?

(c) I did not watch a Sotomayer video; you gave a language warning and I heeded it. Does the second video contain naughty words please?

(d) I have no issue with black men offering opinions. I have an issue with white people trying to exculpate white killers by blaming the victim.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Darren

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:32 pm
Just because you choose to run into rabbit holes to deflect from the issues at hand, doesn't oblige anyone else to follow you.
Thank you for the response. More data which I don't believe is true for all Canadians but maybe, just maybe there's a clue.

Darren

Post by Darren »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:38 pm
Darren wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:43 am

You now have videos from two black men that are laughing at the idea of Arbery jogging. What do they know that you can't comprehend? Do you have difficulty understanding Black men. I don't. They speak well

(a) I would like you to explain on what basis you assign a particular street address to this man's mother. Either you have a source or you made it up. The point being that you claim his mother's house is 13 miles from where he is shot, whereas news sources say it is 2 miles. One of youse may be right - I'd like to know which

(b) I'm sorry. I made a mistake. The pictures were taken at a different time. I did not read that correctly
See how easy that is? To admit an error . . . I wonder if he stopped in to take a leak?

(c) I did not watch a Sotomayer video; you gave a language warning and I heeded it. Does the second video contain naughty words please?

(d) I have no issue with black men offering opinions. I have an issue with white people trying to exculpate white killers by blaming the victim.
(a) That is my business and not yours. FWIW how do you know CNN was accurate? I trust my source, CNN not so much.

(b) Irrelevant to me.

(c) I'm surprised vernacular in common use may offend you. I suggest you watch the video if you still believe Arbery's mothers explanation of his daily jogging.

(d) Watch Officer Tatum's video. He asks people to not take sides at this time.

Based on my understanding of the events that lead up to Trayvon Martin's death and the subsequent involvement of Benjamin Trump and his obstruction of justice in that case, I'm more inclined to not believe the media pronouncements of Arbery's innocence.

Thank you for your response compared to Scooter's non-denial of being a racist.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

It was clearly afternoon. See the video of the shooting. I don't understand the 'nighttime' discussion.

Ahmaud Arbery was a trainee electrician. I'm wondering if he was checking out the house build to have a look at the electrics out of interest - it's his qualification after all; or maybe even wondering if there might be some work for him. That's at least as plausible as the inference - from some quarters - that he was checking out the site with some felonious purpose.

Darren

Post by Darren »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:00 pm
It was clearly afternoon. See the video of the shooting. I don't understand the 'nighttime' discussion.

Ahmaud Arbery was a trainee electrician. I'm wondering if he was checking out the house build to have a look at the electrics out of interest - it's his qualification after all; or maybe even wondering if there might be some work for him. That's at least as plausible as the inference - from some quarters - that he was checking out the site with some felonious purpose.
Based on Tatum's video and the night time pictures Arbery wasn't checking out the wiring.

I'd head for the service entrance and the main panel outside and the breaker panel inside to see the amp rating and if anything out of the ordinary was there.

I'd look at the wiring and boxes on and in the walls to see if the contractor was cheaping it or going with higher quality materials. Since this was a renovation rather than new construction as mentioned by Tatum, I would be interested in new work. Are they wiring for something other than power?

How is the contractor wiring for lighting fixtures and appliances? Arbery never looked up. If so he may have spotted the camera that recorded him on several "inspections."

As a supposed electrician trainee, Abery demonstrated a lack of interest in all things electrical during his "inspections".

Until Tatum mentioned the structure was considered a dwelling under GA law, I hadn't noticed the grass and lack of construction disturbance outside.

Now we have another parallel to the Martin case which in this case is evidence (electrical trainee) to support character. If you recall Martin was a budding aeronautical engineer who unfortunately didn't have an interest in high school subjects.

We know Arbery had earlier run ins with the law. Is the media showing the photo comparison below? Nope!

Same thing happened with the ex-police officer who shot and killed a man in a theater in Florida. FWIW, that case still hasn't gone to court. The media didn't publish his yearbook photo or even that as a police officer. He looked bad in orange. Orange, believe it or not. is prejudicial when viewed in a publication.

Last edited by Darren on Tue May 12, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RayThom

Ahmaud Arbery

Post by RayThom »

Darren, you have become so fucking tedious. There has to be an underlying physiological problem for all of this repetitive nonsense. Rambling on and on -- It's just plain sick. And much like our deluded Grifter-in-Chief always says, only you alone can fix this.

Kaczynski was more relevant, yet less wordy in his manifesto.

So to that end, go shit in your hat and pull it over your ears.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Darren

Post by Darren »

RayThom wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:24 pm
Darren, you have become so fucking tedious. There has to be an underlying physiological problem for all of this repetitive nonsense. Rambling on and on -- It's just plain sick. And much like our deluded Grifter-in-Chief always says, only you alone can fix this.

Kaczynski was more relevant, yet less wordy in his manifesto.

So to that end, go shit in your hat and pull it over your ears.
Thank you for your clarifying comments, Ray. Those are always welcome during a discussion of a current event the media chooses to promote. I'm sure Mr. Abery, wherever he is, is appreciative of your support.

I'm with the two black guys so far. I'm still waiting for the autopsy and the note of the heavy calluses on Abery's feet. No calluses on someone's feet who ran miles without socks, I'll let you know.

You may want to inquire as to what brand of shoe Abery would have endorsed if the medical examiner finds nothing notable about the soles of his feet.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

We know Arbery had earlier run ins with the law. Is the media showing the photo comparison below? Nope!

And what difference does that make? Even if he did, did the jerks who shot him know anything about that? Two guys shoot and kill a black man running down the street, and you say they were justified because he had previous legal problems? Please. It's about as relevant as what he ate for dinner 6 months ago. :lol: