Good job he wasn't running while black

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Just some of those fine folks from the other side of both sides. The kind that Darren thinks are exercising their second amendment rights to oppose er . . . legal stuff
A sheriff's deputy in North Carolina is facing criminal charges after authorities said he led a group of armed people to the wrong home in a search for a missing girl.

New Hanover County District Attorney Ben David said Friday that Jordan Kita, who worked for the New Hanover Sheriff's Office, led an armed group to the home of Dameon Shepard, a senior at Laney High School in Wilmington, on May 3, according to James W. Lea, a lawyer for Shepard's family who is preparing a civil lawsuit.

Shepard, who is black, says the all-white group tried unsuccessfully to force its way into the family's Pender County home about 20 miles north of Wilmington.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/ ... /24270311/
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Good job he wasn't running while black

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

RayThom wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:32 pm
But wait, there's more.

Apparently it's still open season on black people just trying to get along.

I wonder if they charged the house with tiki torches in hand?

Darren, what's your take on this, is it encroachment on white people's rights?
Absolutely, Ray. Thanks for jumping in! Good chatting!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Sorry 'bout that, chief. I didn't see this until now.

Great minds...
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

It would be funny (like an old monster movie), if it weren't so serious.

Darren

Post by Darren »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 2:46 pm
Just some of those fine folks from the other side of both sides. The kind that Darren thinks are exercising their second amendment rights to oppose er . . . legal stuff
A sheriff's deputy in North Carolina is facing criminal charges after authorities said he led a group of armed people to the wrong home in a search for a missing girl.

New Hanover County District Attorney Ben David said Friday that Jordan Kita, who worked for the New Hanover Sheriff's Office, led an armed group to the home of Dameon Shepard, a senior at Laney High School in Wilmington, on May 3, according to James W. Lea, a lawyer for Shepard's family who is preparing a civil lawsuit.

Shepard, who is black, says the all-white group tried unsuccessfully to force its way into the family's Pender County home about 20 miles north of Wilmington.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/ ... /24270311/
That's not a surprise. Cops have been going to the wrong addresses for some time. The only surprise is they didn't get in. I'm not sure if that took off after the War on Drugs started or not.

We had one firefighter who had sticky fingers. We didn't know until he embezzled a fire dept. charge account. He was dismissed immediately.

I found out later he'd stolen collectable coins from a business for which a deal was struck between the business, the state police and him to make monthly payments for the coins. There were no charges. He never paid off what he owed. Otherwise we'd have known when the sheriff ran background checks per the state fire marshal's office to ensure no one with a felony could be a firefighter.

Later he became the chief of police in another county by default. The word on the grapevine was when he went into a home, especially one belonging to the elderly, things went missing. He got fired when things went missing from the evidence locker. And a backdoor conversation was held with a citizen on the council.

Since the War on Drugs police have the incentive to make busts because of forfeiture laws. They need the money to outfit their SWAT teams with the latest gee wiz toys and vehicles. Law enforcement has changed and not necessarily for the better after the War on Drugs started.

If there's no crime, maybe they need to look closer. Standing outside a house is a bitch when you need to see something in plain sight to make a bust or plant and then find some drugs.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Darren

Post by Darren »

Too bad the eighty something years old couple didn't run.

May 10, 2020

"BEAR, Del. (WJZ) — Delaware State Police have identified the man they say fatally shot an Elkton, Maryland couple at a veterans cemetery in Bear, Delaware, on Friday morning.

According to police, Sheldon Francis, 29, of Middletown, Delaware, shot the 85-year-old woman and 86-year-old man while they were visiting the Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery just before 10:15 a.m. Friday. The woman died at the scene, while the man died the next day at a hospital."

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Darren wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:01 pm
Oh look, a black man committed a crime. That justifies armed vigilantes storming into the homes of innocent black people and slaughtering them in the streets.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

rubato

Post by rubato »

How are Darren's delusions maintained? Darren changes the subject.

Works for him, the dullest melonballer in the drawer.

yrs,
rubato'

'

Darren

Post by Darren »

rubato wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:50 pm
How are Darren's delusions maintained? Darren changes the subject.

Works for him, the dullest melonballer in the drawer.

yrs,
rubato'[/quotes]

Reading the The Nature of Prejudice by Gordon Allport should be required in high school. Maybe skin color wouldn't be an issue.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Please illuminate for us how reading Allport's book would have spared Dameon Shepard and his mother from the attempted home invasion perpetrated upon them by armed thugs.

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:14 pm
Please illuminate for us how reading Allport's book would have spared Dameon Shepard and his mother from the attempted home invasion perpetrated upon them by armed thugs.

That depends on the case specifics. If race, as in if they're Black they must be guilty, was the basis for the attempted break in, then maybe understanding how prejudice eliminates rational thinking would help. Do we know the race of the missing child? Is she Black or White?

In any case the attempted break in was at the very least incompetence and should result in dismissal from the police along with a lawsuit against the police force for damages.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

It makes one wonder how many times, in the not so distant past, innocent blacks were dragged from their homes and lynched.

I see that a dictionary definition of lynch does not necessarily say lynching has to be by hanging. I questioned that when Amaud Aubrey family's attorney referred to his shooting as a lynching. I was surprised.

A good friend of mine married an older guy from the deep south 34 years ago. He's in his early 80s now, a product of an unenlightened generation. He is a very intelligent man, but has some archaic ideas. I heard him once talking about a black criminal here. He said "That would never happen in Alabama. We know how to keep our n-----rs in their place". I had to leave the room to keep from saying something I'd regret later.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Darren

Post by Darren »

MGMcAnick wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:33 pm
It makes one wonder how many times, in the not so distant past, innocent blacks were dragged from their homes and lynched.

I see that a dictionary definition of lynch does not necessarily say lynching has to be by hanging. I questioned that when Amaud Aubrey family's attorney referred to his shooting as a lynching. I was surprised.

A good friend of mine married an older guy from the deep south 34 years ago. He's in his early 80s now, a product of an unenlightened generation. He is a very intelligent man, but has some archaic ideas. I heard him once talking about a black criminal here. He said "That would never happen in Alabama. We know how to keep our n-----rs in their place". I had to leave the room to keep from saying something I'd regret later.
I saw lots of that in Mississippi. Segregation still existed in the 1970's as far as schools. The county school was mostly white. The city school was mostly black. There was no busing that I recall.

The company transferred Black engineers from MD to the project. When they called real estate agents, the agents did not know the customer was Black since their speech was English w/o any other nuance. Imagine their surprise when a Black showed up for the showing and the financial resources to buy the property.

Maybe we shouldn't have laughed at the agent's predicament but we did.

Benjamin Crump knows how to incite the press. Using the word lynching is part of his normal practice.

Darren

Post by Darren »

MGMcAnick wrote:
Lots including entire cities and black neighborhoods that were doing too well for the white neighbors to allow.

Darren

Post by Darren »

"An 18-person mob, with a great deal of diversity among its ranks, has been charged with organizing a five-car caravan to shoot a New Jersey detective who was investigating a home invasion.

New Jersey investigators announced the arrest on Friday, and one alleged perpetrator still remains at large. They reportedly targeted Detective Richard Hershey of the New Jersey State Police. They allegedly targeted him outside of a mobile home in Pittsgrove Township on Apr. 25 at 10:40 p.m.

Hershey reportedly introduced himself as a police officer while investigating a home invasion in Harding Woods Mobile Home Park that happened on the same day. Moments later, he was shot in the leg and critically wounded, according to law enforcement sources.

Bridgeton residents Najzeir ‘Naz’ Hutchings, 21; Tremaine M. Hadden, 27; and Kareen ‘Kai’ Warner Jr, 19, have all been apprehended and charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, attempted murder, and weapons offenses. Another suspect, Colby Opperman, 18, also of Bridgeton, has been apprehended and charged with unlawful possession of a weapon.

The alleged home invasion crime took place at approximately 6:15 p.m. when five women reportedly barged their way inside of a woman’s mobile home and beat her brutally. The perpetrators allegedly stole her iPhone and left her with a lacerated lung and a broken rib as a result of the vicious beat-down.

The suspects arrested for that case include Yomari Lazu, 43; Jazmin Valentin, 32; Maria Betancourt, 39; Iramari Lazu, 22; and Mayra Roblero, 52. All the suspects hail from Bridgeton except Betancourt, who is from Vineland. They have received charges of first-degree robbery, second-degree conspiracy to commit robbery, second-degree aggravated assault, third-degree burglary, and third-degree conspiracy to commit burglary.

This story has not received nearly as much press as the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery, the supposed “jogger” who was fatally wounded during a citizens arrest in Georgia back in February."

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I guess that might have something to do with the fact that the miscreants were almost immediately arrested and made to answer for their crimes, as opposed to having corrupt police and DAs trying to cover it up.

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Darren wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:51 pm
That's not a surprise. Cops have been going to the wrong addresses for some time. The only surprise is they didn't get in. I'm not sure if that took off after the War on Drugs started or not.
You are comprehension challenged aren't you? It was clear from the article that they were NOT COPS. One not-on-duty deputy gathered a Klan of his amigos and decided to attack the wrong person in the wrong house.

The point (dunce) is that civilians don't have a right to vigilantism, although you keep on asserting that it's just fine for civilians to shoot anyone, including officers of the law. Which brings us to your latest fake outrage:

I am shocked (shocked I tell you) that a story of a (failed) plan by civilians to assault an officer might get less attention than a video showing an actual murder. And that only surfaced two months after the entire incident was covered up by police, a prosecutor and a judge. Two months of silence. Where is your outrage there?

Gob

Post by Gob »

MGMcAnick wrote:

We got a head start on you...
Most supposed witches were usually old women, and invariably poor. Any who were unfortunate enough to be ‘crone-like’, snaggle-toothed, sunken cheeked and having a hairy lip were assumed to possess the ‘Evil Eye’ ! If they also had a cat this was taken a proof, as witches always had a ‘familiar’, the cat being the most common.

Many unfortunate women were condemned on this sort of evidence and hanged after undergoing appalling torture. The ‘pilnie-winks’ (thumb screws) and iron ‘caspie-claws’ (a form of leg irons heated over a brazier) usually got a confession from the supposed witch.

There were other tests for witches. Mary Sutton of Bedford was put to the swimming test. With her thumbs tied to opposite big toes she was flung into the river. If she floated she was guilty, if she sank, innocent. Poor Mary floated!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”