He lies, he makes shit up, he grabs pussys...

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

He lies, he makes shit up, he grabs pussys...

Post by Bicycle Bill »

...and he cheats at golf.
An excerpt from Rick Reilly’s “Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump” focuses on a round of golf played between Trump and Mike Tirico (a former ESPN sports announcer who spent ten years in the ESPN Monday Night Football booth, and now NBC's chief golf commentator) before Trump was president.  As the story goes, Tirico was thrilled when he landed a 230-yard approach shot on the green.

“He hit the 3-wood of his life,” the excerpt reads.  “ ‘Oh my God!’ his caddie said, open-mouthed.  The thing had the flag covered from the start.  It crested the hill perfectly and was going to be tight to the pin.  Shocked at his sudden skill, Tirico high-fived his caddie and strode toward the green, his shoes barely touching the grass.”

But when they walked to the green, Tirico discovered his ball wasn’t near the pin, but fifty yards away in a bunker.

“ ‘Lousy break,’ Trump said to Tirico, who checked the marking on the ball to be sure it was his.  It was.  Befuddled, it took Tirico two swipes to escape the bunker on the way to a 7.”

Then, according to Reilly’s book, Trump’s caddie told Tirico what happened to his ball.

“Afterwards,” Tirico remembers, “Trump’s caddie came up to me and said, ‘You know that shot you hit on the par 5?  It was about 10 feet from the hole.  Trump threw it into the bunker.  I watched him do it.’

“What did Tirico do?  He laughed, shook his head, went inside, and paid Trump his money.  When it comes to golf, Trump is the tornado and you are the trailer.”
Tirico has never publicly addressed the claim made in Reilly’s book.  He’s spoken with Dan Patrick about the round before and didn’t criticize the president for his golf game (and for this alone, I think he's a bigger man than Trump will ever be).  But he did get a chance to throw some shade on Trump when he interviewed the president on Sunday.

Trump, following his usual "it's all about me" playbook, had called into NBC’s broadcast of a charity skins match to promote his agenda for reopening the country while pointing to sports to lead the way.  The two also talked about golf.  However, as he signed off from the cordial interview, Tirico delivered this line about Trump’s golf game:  "We got to see first hand what a good putter you are.  You knock it to kick-in distance very often."

To quote the line from the "Kingsman" movies, "Manners maketh man."  I guess this just shows yet again what many of us already know about Trump.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?