Q is f0r Quinine....

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
wesw

Q is f0r Quinine....

Post by wesw »

Dr Trump is taking the Q pill....

HCQ

Z is f0r Zinc....

he is taking that t00.

a little vitamin D and he ll be all set....

y0u can t get that fr0m a spray tan.

RayThom

Q is f0r Quinine....

Post by RayThom »

wesw wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:21 pm
Dr Trump is taking the Q pill....
HCQ
Z is f0r Zinc....
he is taking that t00.
a little vitamin D and he ll be all set....
y0u can t get that fr0m a spray tan.
Unfortunately, and obviously, not enough of them.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Joe Guy

Re: Q is f0r Quinine....

Post by Joe Guy »

I hope he chokes on the damned pills and his head explodes into little pieces.

wesw

Post by wesw »

damn j0e

are y0u 0K?

that p0st didn t s0und like y0u

I am s0rry man.

I p0sted this t0pic bef0re I read the news and suggesti0ns thread.

desn t seem imp0rtant n0w.

hang in there man

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Jim Wright

Trump: "A lot of good things have come out about the hydroxy, a lot of good things have come out and you'd be surprised at how many people are taking it, especially the front line workers, before you catch it, the front line workers, many, many people are taking it. I happen to be taking it. I happen to be taking it. <confused shouted questions from the audience> I'm taking it. Hydroxychloroquine. <more shouting> Right now, yea. <shouting> A couple weeks ago, started taking it. <shouting> 'Cause I think it's good. I've heard a lot of good stories. And if it's not good, I'll tell you right, uh, I, I'm not gonna get hurt by it, it's been around for 40 years, for malaria, for lupus, for other things, I take it, front line workers take it, a lot of doctors take, excuse me, a lot of doctors take it, I take it, I hope to not be able to take it soon, because, you know, I hope they come up with some answers, but I think people should be allowed to."

He's not actually prescribed the medication, he's just taking it because he thinks "a lot of good things have come out of the hydroxy" and besides the medication he's taking -- the one with a list of side effects a mile long from paranoia to detached retinas because, you know -- well, it's been around for 40 years.

Yeah.

I just hit myself with an autoinjector of 2 Pam Chloride and followed up with Atropine straight to the heart. I mean, I haven't been exposed to organophosphate nerve gas or anything, but I figured it can't hurt, right?

I put a tourniquet around my thigh and cranked that sucker down to cut off all blood flow to my leg. I wasn't bleeding out or anything, but I want to be prepared in case I suffer a surprise amputation.

I'm downing a shot of Syrup of Ipecac every two hours. There's nothing wrong, but I figure the preemptive vomiting will protect me if I'm exposed to somebody who's been poisoned.

My Republican MD recommended I have all my toes amputated. Lot of doctors amputate their toes. I hope to not be able to amputate my toes soon, because, you know, I hope they come up with some answers, but I live in Florida and you can never be too prepared when it comes to frostbite.

What?

Okay, I'll stop.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

In Donald's case, 'Q' is for 'Qwazy'.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

dales

Post by dales »

Joe Guy wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:32 pm
I hope he chokes on the damned pills and his head explodes into little pieces.

During an interview on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" Monday night, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi expressed concern over President Donald Trump taking the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine to protect against the coronavirus, calling the president "morbidly obese."

["Morally Obtuse" would be a more accurate descriptor.]

Trump told reporters Monday he has been taking the drug along with a zinc supplement daily “for about a week and a half now" in an attempt to block the virus should he be infected.

When asked about the president taking the drug, Pelosi stated she would prefer he avoid it due to his "age group" and "weight group."

"He’s our president and I would rather he not be taking something that has not been approved by the scientists," she said. "Especially in his age group and in his, shall we say, weight group, morbidly obese, they say."

According to the CDC, for an individual to be morbidly obese, his or her BMI must be over 40. Trump's 2019 White House physical revealed he has a BMI of 30.4, which is defined as obese, but not morbidly obese.

Hydroxychloroquine has well-documented serious side effects, including severe heart problems. It has not been proven to be effective against the coronavirus in a single clinical trial that used a control group. One such study in Brazil was halted over concerns of fatal heart complications.

Trump said his doctor did not recommend the drug to him, but he requested it from White House physician Dr. Sean Conley, who said in a statement that after “numerous discussions” with Trump about the evidence for and against using hydroxychloroquine, “we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks.”

When asked about side effects, the president told reporters, “All I can tell you is, so far I seem to be OK.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

RayThom

Q is f0r Quinine....

Post by RayThom »

The Big Grifter isn't "morbidly obese" but I'm sure his BMI is way out of whack -- without a doubt, in the obese range.

He is, however, morbidly obtuse. Way too much trans fat between his ears.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

He probably IS morbidly obese, actually, by the medical definition of that term. He’s way past just overweight, and looks to me to be past regular obesity, too.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Q is f0r Quinine....

Post by RayThom »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:54 am
He probably IS morbidly obese, actually, by the medical definition of that term. He’s way past just overweight, and looks to me to be past regular obesity, too.
Here's how I see our Grifter-in-Chief -- he's 6' 2" and weighs 260#. Using the standard BMI calculator, that puts him at 33.4 which indicates obesity but not too far past overweight.

Regardless, with his unhealthy life style I'm surprised he hasn't had serious health issues by now. Maybe he has, its just that he hides them well.

I'm hoping that one more bucket of KFC will put him over the top.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educat ... micalc.htm

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Dr. Sean Conley . . . said in a statement that after “numerous discussions” with Trump about the evidence for and against using hydroxychloroquine, “we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks.”
I'm sure we all agree, though the potential benefit may not be what Conley had in mind. (Then again, perhaps it is).
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

RayThom wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:41 am
BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:54 am
Here's how I see our Grifter-in-Chief -- he's 6' 2" and weighs 260#. Using the standard BMI calculator, that puts him at 33.4 which indicates obesity but not too far past overweight.

Regardless, with his unhealthy life style I'm surprised he hasn't had serious health issues by now. Maybe he has, its just that he hides them well.

I'm hoping that one more bucket of KFC will put him over the top.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educat ... micalc.htm
I don’t believe his official weight, and a BMI of 35+ can be considered morbidly obese from a clinical standpoint if comorbidities exist - like the heart issues Trump has.

I wish he really was taking hydroxychloroquine, though I’m sure he’s just bullshitting.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

though I’m sure he’s just bullshitting
Bullshitting? Trump? You really think he does that? Well, there goes another shattered belief?

I wish he were taking it as well, but if he's bullshitting it's even worse. He's the damn president for god's sake, and he can't even project a reasonsble responsible image. Just when you think he can't sink lower, he goes to show he can. The man continues to be a menace.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I posted this in the other thread:
Econoline wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:13 am
From Vox.com:
On Monday afternoon, President Trump told the press that he’s taking a drug called hydroxychloroquine as a preventative to ward off the coronavirus — a practice for which there is no evidence and that could, in theory, have negative side effects as serious as hallucinations and heart failure.

“I take it,” Trump said. “So far, I seem to be okay.”

[ ... ] Trump seems to be taking it not as a treatment for Covid-19 — he’s apparently tested negative — but as a preventative to protect himself from contracting it. There’s no medical evidence supporting the idea that this would work, and the risk of potential psychiatric and cardiac side effects, which are serious, would likely strongly outweigh any (hypothetical) benefits.

Nevertheless, Trump claims to be taking the drug anyway.

“I get a lot of positive calls about it,” he told a gaggle of astounded reporters. “What do you have to lose?”

I’m of two minds on how to think about this declaration.

On the one hand, if Trump — a notorious liar — is telling the truth about taking the drug, it’s certainly newsworthy that the president is taking a dangerous medication for no good reason. It would not only speak to his judgment and fitness for office but also suggest a risk to his health and mental competence.

On the other hand, Trump may be trying to goad the media into getting bogged down in an issue that’s less important than the actual outbreak and Trump’s failed response to it. At the press conference, he told reporters, “I was just waiting for your eyes to light up when I said this, when I announced this,” indicating he’s perfectly aware that he’s starting a controversy.

Ultimately, the president is either doing something irresponsible or lying irresponsibly. Either way, it’s terrible behavior that reflects poorly on the man in charge of our country — just one more example of the wild unfitness for office that’s been on display throughout the pandemic.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

dales

Post by dales »

Q is for Quaaludes and we will all need to be well-supplied if Dump is re-elected in Nov.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

First time I've ever cheered (guiltily) for a virus
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:46 am
First time I've ever cheered (guiltily) for a virus
It's interesting that up to now you've only cheered remorselessly for a virus.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

It's a targeting issue. That hasn't changed but I don't feel good about it now

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Econoline wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:24 am
Q is f0r QAn0n.
I read that, and as I read it all I could think of was this quote, attributed (apparently incorrectly) to Benjamin Franklin:

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?