There is war in the streets of America tonight

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
RayThom

Re: There is war in the streets of America tonight

Post by RayThom »

Drivel wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:10 pm
... The indictment is for activities in the 1990's. You can't tell from the sealed indictment whether it was in the past or recent. Since it was sealed I'm thinking it wasn't recent.
There you go again.

I'm thinking you and "Doc" are wrong... as usual.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Econoline wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:54 am
Darren wrote:Why did it take so long to arrest Maxwell?
:shrug Okay...I'll give up and let you enlighten us, based on your vast experience with the Southern District of New York and the inner workings of the U.S. Dept. of Justice. Go ahead.
Still waiting for you to explain this to us unenlightened peasants, Darren. You and Doc know all there is to know about sealed Federal indictments, so fill us in.

(While you're at it you might also want to let us know why Trump and Barr tried to get rid of Strauss along with Berman just before this came down, and why their intended replacements would have done a better, more competent job.)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

From Yahoo News:
New York City starts painting Black Lives Matter mural in front of Trump Tower
I fully support this. But is it churlish of me to point out that a mural goes on a wall? Latin murus = wall.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:32 pm
From Yahoo News:
New York City starts painting Black Lives Matter mural in front of Trump Tower
I fully support this. But is it churlish of me to point out that a mural goes on a wall? Latin murus = wall.
No, it is pedantic of you.  I should know; I've often been called out for it myself.
But will I let it stop me?  HELL NO!!  I must be about my mission —
to single-handedly prevent the world from sliding any further down the slope of illiteracy than it has already.

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Darren

Post by Darren »

"Law enforcement has been finding small sharpened bits of metal littering highways in Texas. These devices, known as caltrops, are capable of forcefully and dangerously deflating tires, causing blow outs and accidents. Law enforcement is asking for help from the general public in identifying a suspect.

According to the Smith County Sheriff’s Office, the caltrops are made from rebar. They are sharpened to four metal points so that there is always a sharp edge sticking up. They are about 3 inches across and have been painted black – apparently to help make them difficult to see against a roadway."

https://www.thetruckersreport.com/someo ... ot-police/
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Drivel wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:08 pm
"Law enforcement has been finding small sharpened bits of metal littering highways in Texas. These devices, known as caltrops, are capable of forcefully and dangerously deflating tires, causing blow outs and accidents. Law enforcement is asking for help from the general public in identifying a suspect.According to the Smith County Sheriff’s Office, the caltrops are made from rebar. They are sharpened to four metal points so that there is always a sharp edge sticking up. They are about 3 inches across and have been painted black – apparently to help make them difficult to see against a roadway."https://www.thetruckersreport.com/wordp ... ot-police/
Goober Abbot, owner of Goober's Tire and Service Shop just down the road is totally baffled by the vandalism.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

WTF?!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

That's not a caltrop.

This is a caltrop. A Roman caltrop from fifteen hundred years ago.

Darren

Post by Darren »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:23 pm
WTF?!
Rocks off overpasses are so hit or miss.

Nothing like upping the ante and going for a sure kill. Take a steer tire out on a semi. The truck goes out of lane. Maybe jack knifes.

Maybe crosses the median and hits a family head on.

Add in a placarded load ...

Add in bumper to bumper traffic ...

Darren

Post by Darren »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:20 pm
That's not a caltrop.

This is a caltrop. A Roman caltrop from fifteen hundred years ago.

Same four pointed form.

At highway speeds you don't need really sharp points.

Darren

Post by Darren »

"LANCASTER, Calif. - Authorities Thursday circulated photos a suspect and possible accomplice in the alleged assault of an 80-year-old man in the bathroom of a Lancaster grocery store.

The assault occurred about 8:30 a.m. at the grocery store in the 1000 block of East Avenue J, near 10th Street, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Lancaster Station."

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/authorities ... lMyUXYCHVE

Darren

Post by Darren »

Monkey see. Monkey do?

"WASHINGTONVILLE - Village police are asking the public for help in finding the vandals who cut down a flagpole at the center of a 9/11 memorial that honors five firefighters from the area who died in the World Trade Center collapse.

The severed pole was discovered and reported early Wednesday morning. Washingtonville Police Chief Brian Zaccaro said the culprits used a tool to cut through the composite material at about four to five feet from the base, and scrawled a message in marker on the part of the pole that remained standing.

He didn't want to disclose the message while the investigation was getting started.

Police suspect the same vandals also pushed over and damaged the sign for St. Mary's Parish Center, about a half mile away. An eagle figure that had been removed from the top of the cut-down flagpole was left next to the toppled church sign.

The memorial includes a semi-circle of black granite monuments bearing the names of five local victims of the 2001 terrorist attacks, all members of the New York City Fire Department: firefighters Mark Whitford, Bobby Hamilton and Gerry Nevins, Batallion Chief Dennis Devlin and Lt. Glenn Perry. Atop each stone is a replica of a firefighter's helmet.

The somber, granite-and-brick tribute to the "Washingtonville Five" and the other 9/11 victims was completed on Sept. 7, 2002, in time for the first anniversary of their deaths.

Police say no parts of the memorial other than the flagpole were damaged.

Darren

Stone's sentence commuted

Post by Darren »

The media dogs will have to run faster to hope to catch the car.

"Today, President Donald J. Trump signed an Executive Grant of Clemency commuting the unjust sentence of Roger Stone, Jr.

Roger Stone is a victim of the Russia Hoax that the Left and its allies in the media perpetuated for years in an attempt to undermine the Trump Presidency. There was never any collusion between the Trump Campaign, or the Trump Administration, with Russia. Such collusion was never anything other than a fantasy of partisans unable to accept the result of the 2016 election. The collusion delusion spawned endless and farcical investigations, conducted at great taxpayer expense, looking for evidence that did not exist. As it became clear that these witch hunts would never bear fruit, the Special Counsel’s Office resorted to process-based charges leveled at high-profile people in an attempt to manufacture the false impression of criminality lurking below the surface. These charges were the product of recklessness borne of frustration and malice.This is why the out-of-control Mueller prosecutors, desperate for splashy headlines to compensate for a failed investigation, set their sights on Mr. Stone. "

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

It's Friday night, so of course he did.

(Not that this post has anything at all to do with anything else in this thread, not even anything to do with any of the other random posts Darren has put here...but as long as he keeps refusing to post links to his sources, I should point out that what he quoted above is from the Statement from the WH Press Secretary, if anyone cares.)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

dales

Post by dales »

From Darrin's URL:
LANCASTER, Calif. - Authorities Friday released the names of a suspect and possible accomplice in the alleged assault of an 80-year-old man in the bathroom of a Lancaster grocery store. They were seeking help from the public to find them.

The pair was identified as Demaris Wade, 22, and Tamika White, 33. They were last seen in a 2007 Nissan Altima with California license plate 8CCC010.
Savages!

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Darren

Post by Darren »

Econoline wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:56 am
It's Friday night, so of course he did.

(Not that this post has anything at all to do with anything else in this thread, not even anything to do with any of the other random posts Darren has put here...but as long as he keeps refusing to post links to his sources, I should point out that what he quoted above is from the Statement from the WH Press Secretary, if anyone cares.)
It's all connected. We're seeing what I'll term systemic failures.

As for sources, there's enough for you to google the source/s if interested. If it's an unusual source I may provide a link.

Darren

Post by Darren »

For those that don't know, the captain of the aircraft carrier Roosevelt won't be going back to the ship. The commanding admiral of the carrier group on the Roosevelt was also disciplined.

Note that Vindman never made colonel.

"U.S. Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman announced Wednesday he is retiring from the military after more than 21 years of service, amid concerns about retaliation by President Donald Trump over Vindman’s decision to testify in impeachment hearings against the President.

Vindman announced his decision in a tweet, including a picture of himself purportedly filing his request to retire.

“Today I officially requested retirement from the US Army, an organization I love. My family and I look forward to the next chapter of our lives""

Darren

Post by Darren »

"NEW YORK CITY, NY – Law Enforcement Today has been reporting on the New York Police Department retirement applications increasing. This week, the New York Post has reported that members of the NYPD have been putting in retirement paperwork faster than the department can process.

Sources say that officers have cited a lack of support from leaders as well as a loss in overtime pay as reasons for bolting.

A spokesperson for the NYPD confirmed that between June 29 and July 6, 179 officers filed for retirement. The Post reported that at the same time last year, only 35 filed. This represents a 411% increase."

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Drivel wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:00 pm
"NEW YORK CITY, NY – Law Enforcement Today has been reporting on the New York Police Department retirement applications increasing. This week, the New York Post has reported that members of the NYPD have been putting in retirement paperwork faster than the department can process. Sources say that officers have cited a lack of support from leaders as well as a loss in overtime pay as reasons for bolting.A spokesperson for the NYPD confirmed that between June 29 and July 6, 179 officers filed for retirement. The Post reported that at the same time last year, only 35 filed. This represents a 411% increase."
Darren, what can you copy and paste about qualified immunity?