There is war in the streets of America tonight

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Re: There is war in the streets of America tonight

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:01 pm
These 2 lawyers appear to be..thriving, at least in a monetary sense, so how is is some wind up in an eleemosynary state and can only crow about their superior state of being without any actual indication of it?
Such an interesting anthropological comparison.
Oh wow! I learned a new word today; eleemosynary. I was planning on making fun of you for writing "is is" and misspelling some word I'd never heard before but I was stopped in my tracks. Then you threw in bunch of syllables with "anthropological" and I was so impressed I almost fell off my chair.

I have no idea what you're trying to say in your post, but I'm still impressed.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

The world is full of stupid bitches who think they’re better than Gandhi or Mother Theresa - or billions of hardworking souls across the planet - just because they’ve got a 700+ credit rating and a very big screen TV, among other material luxuries. Most are in fact among the least valuable souls who’ve ever lived, because their whole worldview is a twisted perversion of hating most people and loving things. Those who condescend to the poor and downtrodden are basically human scum.

Don’t take my word for it; rich man, heaven, eye of needle, camel.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:37 pm
TPFKA@W wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:01 pm
These 2 lawyers appear to be..thriving, at least in a monetary sense, so how is is some wind up in an eleemosynary state and can only crow about their superior state of being without any actual indication of it?
Such an interesting anthropological comparison.
Oh wow! I learned a new word today; eleemosynary. I was planning on making fun of you for writing "is is" and misspelling some word I'd never heard before but I was stopped in my tracks. Then you threw in bunch of syllables with "anthropological" and I was so impressed I almost fell off my chair.

I have no idea what you're trying to say in your post, but I'm still impressed.

You had best stop reading my posts because you are now at that age where falling out of your chair could lead to significant injury. Just stick to posting pictures of anthropomorphic skunks and other simple acts.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:18 pm
You had best stop reading my posts because you are now at that age where falling out of your chair could lead to significant injury. Just stick to posting pictures of anthropomorphic skunks and other simple acts.
Do you think it might keep me more safe if I wear a helmet while I'm reading your posts?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I am more concerned about your coccyx.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

What kind of doctor does a person go to with an injured coccyx?

A coccyxer?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Orthopedic surgeon. Doofus.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I thought those doctors were just for orthopedes.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Esophagogastroduodenoscopy. That should knock you on your coccyx. Lots of syllables.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Ouch! It's a good thing I had my helmet on. Anyway, without looking it up, I'm guessing it is an oral endoscopy. Ya know, like a mouthascopy. I took a course in anatomy & physiology about 45 years ago so I know my stuff.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I think you might have Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- a fear of long words.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:50 am
Esophagogastroduodenoscopy. That should knock you on your coccyx. Lots of syllables.
And these are fine syllables.  Great syllables!
And I know syllables.  I use syllables all the time.  In fact, I have the best syllables of anyone!
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:50 am
I think you might have Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- a fear of long words.

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:40 am
I am more concerned about your coccyx.
My coccyx is arthritic. I got my doctor laughing when I coined "assritis"

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Darren

Post by Darren »

I wonder why she wasn't arrested long before this. Did the arrest have anything to do with the recent replacement of a US attorney?

"Ghislaine Maxwell, the British socialite and heiress who became a confidante of disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein and was later accused of involvement in his alleged sexual crimes, has been arrested by the FBI, two senior law enforcement sources tell News 4 New York.

She was arrested in Bedford, New Hampshire around 8:30 a.m. on charges she conspired with Epstein to sexually abuse minors, and is expected to appear in a federal court later today, the sources say.

Spokespeople for the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's Office in Manhattan declined to comment. "
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

They've been trying to find her for months. That's more of a question for the FBI.

Darren

Post by Darren »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:32 pm
They've been trying to find her for months. That's more of a question for the FBI.
We know the FBI is fucked up.

If you read Snowden's book you know the NSA records all communications. Unless Maxwell was completely off the phone and internet, they knew exactly where she was. All you have to do is look at the extraordinary measures Snowden took when he went missing to understand that Maxwell should have been an easy catch.

When the FBI's claim to fame is finding a stolen Super Bowl jersey and not finding the Ted Kaczynskis and Whitey Bulgers, that's a problem. Same with Wray promising a report on the FBI's screw up that allowed the Parkland shooting. Where's the report?

Did the recent firing of the US attorney in NYC make a difference? Why did Epstein get the sweetheart deal out of DOJ previously?

After reading Bulger's biography I had even less respect for the FBI than before. I expect Wray to be looking for another job after November.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Darren wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:42 pm
Why did Epstein get the sweetheart deal out of DOJ previously?
Because they knew that he had tea to spill on Trump.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:51 pm
Darren wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:42 pm
Why did Epstein get the sweetheart deal out of DOJ previously?
Because they knew that he had tea to spill on Trump.
The deal was made in 2008. As much as you'd like to pin all the bad things on Trump and ignore the good things that excuse is gong worthy.