There is war in the streets of America tonight

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Darren

Re: There is war in the streets of America tonight

Post by Darren »

Econoline wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:55 pm
Still waiting for answers.
Econoline wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:10 am
Econoline wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:54 am
:shrug Okay...I'll give up and let you enlighten us, based on your vast experience with the Southern District of New York and the inner workings of the U.S. Dept. of Justice. Go ahead.
Still waiting for you to explain this to us unenlightened peasants, Darren. You and Doc know all there is to know about sealed Federal indictments, so fill us in.

(While you're at it you might also want to let us know why Trump and Barr tried to get rid of Strauss along with Berman just before this came down, and why their intended replacements would have done a better, more competent job.)
Trump (at a press briefing yesterday) on Ghislaine Maxwell: "I just wish her well frankly. I’ve met her numerous times over the years especially since I lived in Palm Beach and I guess they lived in Palm Beach but I wish her well."
Who knew Trump had a sense of humor?

The meme I'm seeing a lot shows a suicide hotline person on one side of a phone call and Hillary on the other side of the call saying, "I'd like to place an order."

I'm wishing her well too at least until she spills the goods. After that ... not so much. For her sake I wish I could believe in hell.

As for the previous stuff, that's already been covered. Keep asking. I'll keep ignoring. Here's wishing you well.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Darren

Post by Darren »

"TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) – Charges will not be filed against the driver of a pickup pulling a horse trailer that went through a crowd of protesters May 31 on Interstate 244, Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler announced Thursday.

To the contrary, Kunzweiler called on the Oklahoma Highway Patrol to identify the aggressive protesters from video of the incident, because he said, “The individuals responsible should be held accountable.”

The crowd of social justice protesters left their designated area and spilled on to the highway that day. What happened next was described by the district attorney in a memo released Thursday as a “a violent and unprovoked attack.”"

https://ktxs.com/news/nation-world/no-c ... MvD8pV1h4E

Darren

Post by Darren »

"PORTLAND, OR — A man is in custody facing several charges after he randomly attacked two women inside a Portland laundromat with a handsaw.

The incident happened on July 17th in the 2700 block of NE Weidler Street.

The suspect, 58-year-old Shane Vordelmicha Green, was later arrested by police.

He is charged with three counts of second-degree assault, six counts of unlawful use of a weapon, first-degree attempted assault, strangulation, four counts of menacing, two counts of second-degree attempted assault, harassment, second-degree disorderly conduct, interfering with a peace officer and four counts of reckless endangering."

https://breaking911.com/shock-video-man ... aundromat/

Darren

Post by Darren »

"After a night of rioting in Portland outside the Mark O. Hatfield United States Courthouse on July 21, the US Attorney's office brought federal charges against five people who were arrested by federal agents. Two of them are attorneys and one is now claiming she was sexually assaulted by an officer.

Jennifer Lynn Kristiansen, Zachary Duffly, Paul Furst, Wyatt True Ash-Milby and Caleb Ehlers were arrested and charged. Kristiansen and Duffly are attorneys in the Portland-area.

Kristiansen, 37, was charged with misdemeanor assault on a federal officer and a misdemeanor charge of failing to obey a lawful order. She pleaded not guilty to both charges. Upon her release, Kristiansen stated that she was protesting as part of a group of mothers. She says in an interview in Heavy that she was sexually assaulted during the arrest."

Darren

Post by Darren »

"Portland, OR – At least three federal officers may have suffered permanent vision loss as a result of rioters flashing lasers into their eyes during the nightly riots in downtown Portland.

Over 1,000 rioters converged on the Mark O. Hatfield Federal Courthouse on Sunday and Monday night and ripped protective plywood coverings off of the building, Federal Protective Service (FPS) Deputy Director of Operations Richard “Kriss” Cline said during a press conference on July 21, according to FOX News.

The “violent anarchists” also tore down the perimeter fencing that had been erected around the building, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said in a press release.
Sponsored:

The mob attempted to hurl incendiary devices and various other objects through the courthouse windows and into the building, which was occupied by federal officers.

They continued to wreak havoc outside the courthouse – blocking the streets, setting multiple fires, and spray painting the already-heavily graffitied building, FOX News reported.

The “violent anarchists” have repeatedly targeted surveillance cameras in the vicinity of the courthouse, rendering them inoperable, the DHS said.

Federal officers deployed tear gas and pepper balls to drive the mob away, but they “continued their assault,” throwing canned food, rocks, and other projectiles, according to the DHS.

Another wave of rioters attempted to break into the federal courthouse shortly before 12:30 a.m. on Tuesday, DHS said.

They tore down more protective plywood, shattering a window in the process.
Sponsored:

Rioters launched “a commercial-grade mortar firework” and other incendiary devices at the front doors of the courthouse on at least one occasion during the overnight attacks on Sunday, the DHS said.

“These incendiary fireworks were launched at the courthouse at the same time that rioters had barricaded the front entrance of the Courthouse with sections of the torn down fence, potentially trapping federal officers inside,” according to the DHS.

According to DHS, one rioter was spotted taking photos of the water intake system at the Edith Green Federal Building, which the FPS is also tasked with protecting.

Earlier in the night, someone tweeted about cutting “off the water to the buildings the feds are staying in to make it a nightmare for them,” DHS said.

The officers came under attack again when they emerged from the courthouse to extinguish the multiple fires ignited by the crowd.

“When officers responded to put out these fires, glass bottles were thrown and lasers – which can cause permanent blindness – were shined in their eyes,” Director Cline told reporters, according to FOX News. “We have three officers who currently have eye injuries and they may not recover sight in those eyes from those laser attacks.”
Sponsored:

DHS said that the mob aimed “red, green and purple lasers” at the officers’ eyes while members of the crowd “used a strobe light on the building.”

Federal officers will now be issued anti-laser glasses to help protect them from the potential of permanent blindness, FOX News reported.

Three additional federal officers suffered injures as a result of Monday night’s attacks, including one who was struck by a glass bottle, Director Cline said.

Officers arrested five rioters for noncompliance with lawful directions, and two more rioters were arrested for allegedly assaulting federal officers, FOX News reported.

Another federal officer was injured on Saturday night after a rioter with a suspected “wrist rocket” fired a projectile at him, resulting in a laceration to the officer’s leg, the DHS said.

The officer’s injury required sutures.
Sponsored:

Rioters also attached a “pyrotechnic” to the federal courthouse door on Saturday night, according to DHS.

The device had the potential to cause a fire inside the building, the DHS said.

The U.S. Marshals Service reported that for the first time since the riots began, they have experienced problems with communications jamming, FOX News reported.

“These individuals are organized, and they have one mission in mind – to burn down or to cause extreme damage to the federal courthouse and to law enforcement officers,” DHS Acting Secretary Chad Wolf said during a press conference on Tuesday.

“At times, we also see them targeting city property,” Wolf added.

He noted that the rioters congregate in the same area “night after night,” and that officers can see them planning their various attacks."

Darren

Post by Darren »

"LOS ANGELES (JTA) – Graffiti on the walls of a synagogue read “Free Palestine” and “f*** Israel.” A statue of Raoul Wallenberg, the Swedish diplomat who saved thousands of Hungarian Jews from the Nazis, was smeared with anti-Semitic slogans.

Along with the synagogues, Jewish-owned buildings and stores were defaced, in several cases also with anti-Semitic graffiti. The businesses were looted, too. "

https://www.timesofisrael.com/la-jews-t ... titutions/

Darren

Post by Darren »

"A car drove through a crowd of protesters that were walking on I-225 in Aurora, Colorado, and a protester shot other protesters while trying to shoot the driver.

At least two protesters were hit or grazed by bullets as a fellow “protester” tried to shoot the driver. There were multiple gunshots on the car, but the people inside did not appear to be injured."

dales

Post by dales »

I see that Darrin is still trying to keep his posting numbers up.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

OK, Darren, we get the point that there is bad shit happening all over the country.  You don't have to keep posting each and every example you happen to come across.

By the way, I notice that you overlooked or otherwise ignored this one — Illegal immigrant arrested in drunken driving crash that killed 3, injured 4 of Thin Blue Line motorcycle club.  And this is even from the 'official' news media site of you and your fellow Storm Trumpers .... Faux News.  But I guess that since it was some of those goddamned good-for-nothing, doughnut-eating, fascist Gestapo cops that got killed it doesn't fit your agenda .... even though it was a — gasp! — illegal alien what done did it.  You and the rest of Trump's xenophobic assholes should have been all over that part of it and screaming some more about how we needed to get that fucking wall built....

I've already said that maybe what we need to do is just all hunker down in our fall-out, breakdown of society, or zombie apocalypse shelters — and I'm sure you have one of each, fully stocked and ready for occupancy at a moment's notice — and just let the undesirable element, black AND white, thin themselves out.  Maybe you thought I was just kidding.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

If Darren doesn't stop posting meaningless "cut'n'paste" jobs here, without any point, coherence or engagement, his posting privileges can be curtailed.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

In Utah, members of a militia claim their presence deters protesters from becoming violent and destroying the state

Nicolle Okoren in Provo, Utah

Mon 27 Jul 2020 10.00 BSTLast modified on Mon 27 Jul 2020 14.07 BST

Armed counter protesters left their side to march along with Black Lives Matter protesters in Provo, Utah on Wednesday July 1st, 2020. The man in fatigues expressed a desire to have people from diverse political viewpoints join the armed group he belongs to.
Armed counter-protesters left their side to march along with Black Lives Matter protesters in Provo, Utah, on 1 July. Photograph: Steven Waggoner
The Utah Citizens’ Alarm is only a month old, and yet it already boasts 15,000-plus members.

The citizen militia’s recruits wear military fatigues and carry assault rifles. Their short-term goal, they say, is to act as a physical presence of intimidation to deter protesters from becoming violent and destroying the state of Utah. Their long-term goal: to arm and prepare the state of Utah against underground movements that they believe will incite civil war.

The group was conceived in reaction to a Black Lives Matter protest against police brutality organized by different groups in Provo, Utah, on 29 June. That day, a white protester pulled out a gun and shot another white man, who was not protesting but driving his vehicle into the protest route. Two shots were fired, and one hit the driver in the arm. Protesters claim the shooting was in self-defence because the driver was hitting marchers; the police found this claim to be unsubstantiated.

When Casey Robertson, 47, watched a video of the incident in Provo, he felt outraged that this could happen in his “little town of Provo”. He posted on both his Facebook page and a local yard sale page that “protesters descended on downtown Provo and terrorized citizens and SHOTS WERE FIRED.” He explained that Insurgence, one of the organizing group, was planning another protest for the next night and he rallied “concerned citizens” to come together, armed and ready to do their part in protecting downtown businesses.

This was a call to arms. Utah Citizens’ Alarm was born.

“I was like, ‘We need to stand together as citizens and go down there and show these people that we’re not going to allow violence and that we are not going to allow these anarchist violent groups to tear down Provo,” Robertson told the Guardian. “It’s not going to happen without a fight.’”

More here.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

“I was like, ‘We need to stand together as citizens and go down there and show these people that we’re not going to allow violence and that we are not going to allow these anarchist violent groups to tear down Provo,” Robertson told the Guardian. “It’s not going to happen without a fight.’”
I thought I was painting outside the lines when I snuck some beer onto the BYU campus. Different world.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Darren wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:35 pm
"PORTLAND, OR — A man is in custody facing several charges after he randomly attacked two women inside a Portland laundromat with a handsaw.

The incident happened on July 17th in the 2700 block of NE Weidler Street.

The suspect, 58-year-old Shane Vordelmicha Green, was later arrested by police.

He is charged with three counts of second-degree assault, six counts of unlawful use of a weapon, first-degree attempted assault, strangulation, four counts of menacing, two counts of second-degree attempted assault, harassment, second-degree disorderly conduct, interfering with a peace officer and four counts of reckless endangering."

https://breaking911.com/shock-video-man ... aundromat/
I just saw this - Darren's post from a few days ago. With all the rest of those charges you have to wonder what constitutes first degree disorderly conduct.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Here’s your answer:
OR. REV. STAT. §§ 166.023

Disorderly conduct in the first degree consists of knowingly initiating the false reporting or circulating a false report regarding an alleged hazardous substance, or alleged or impending fire, explosion, catastrophe or other emergency that is in or upon a school with the intent of inconveniencing, annoying, or alarming the public.

Disorderly conduct in the second degree consists of any of the following:

Engaging in fighting or violent, or tumultuous or threatening behavior

Making unreasonable noise

Disturbing a lawful assemby of people without lawful authority

Obstructing vehicular or pedestrian traffic in a public area

Knowingly initiating the false reporting or circulating a false report regarding an alleged or impending fire, explosion, crime, catastrophe or other emergency

Creating a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which the person is not licensed or privileged to do
It appears that first degree requires the offense to be focused in the school setting.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

CHAOS in Albuquerque!!! CHAOS!!!!1!!1111!!

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Proof that we all live in a police state. Those federal troops are quick at repairing buildings and very artistic though. They could probably make a good living as civilians if they weren't Trumpzis.

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

dales wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:16 am
BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:10 pm
Now can we ALL agree there is a problem with police culture?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syracu ... Type%3Damp

He’s in stable condition, which is lucky. That kind of injury could’ve easily killed him, and might still result in life altering physical and cognitive limitations. Any fucking idiot knows elderly people don’t have the same balance and agility as young people. These fucking cops are despicable. They are FERAL. They are unfit to serve and represent decent people.
This is the Buffalo man, Martin Gugino, who was injured in June last year. The Buffalo DA tried but failed to persuade a Grand Jury that charges were warranted.