There is war in the streets of America tonight

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

Re: There is war in the streets of America tonight

Post by Scooter »

Oh, that sweetheart deal. Was thinking more recently, sorry.

But I don't think it was a coincidence that Alex Acosta made that deal and then ended up in Trump's cabinet.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:15 pm
Oh, that sweetheart deal. Was thinking more recently, sorry.

But I don't think it was a coincidence that Alex Acosta made that deal and then ended up in Trump's cabinet.
That's why the federal bureaucracy needs to be cleaned out. I hope by now Trump and those that have proven they can be trusted are looking at connections and motives.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Sure proved he can be trusted by putting the guy in his cabinet, and only getting him to resign when the public outcry was too great to ignore.

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:36 pm
Sure proved he can be trusted by putting the guy in his cabinet, and only getting him to resign when the public outcry was too great to ignore.
I find your view that Trump is omnipotent surprising while claiming he is incompetent. Do you really believe in a DOJ with over 9,500 attorneys he knows all about them along with the millions of other federal employees?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I know that every detail of a cabinet member's history is vetted before they are appointed. So yeah, Trump knew about this and obviously approved of what was done.

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Darren wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:31 pm
Trump and those that have proven they can be trusted
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Darren

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:24 pm
I know that every detail of a cabinet member's history is vetted before they are appointed. So yeah, Trump knew about this and obviously approved of what was done.
Once again you're claiming that Trump is omnipotent.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Having decent researchers doesn't equate to omnipotence. It certainly wasn't omnipotent not to have acted on information that carried a high risk of coming back to bite him on the ass.

-- Author unknown

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Since Darren has brought up the subject again, I'll ask my question again:
can anyone show me even just *ONE* example of Trump firing someone and then replacing that person with someone who is objectively MORE COMPETENT (rather than just more loyal/subservient to Trump himself, personally)?
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Darren

Post by Darren »

Econoline wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:37 pm
can anyone show me even just *ONE* example of Trump firing someone and then replacing that person with someone who is objectively MORE COMPETENT (rather than just more loyal/subservient to Trump himself, personally)?
That's too easy. The arrest, FINALLY, of Ghislane Maxwell is progress. So why did it take so long? Answer that.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

If it’s so easy answer the fucking question.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Crackpot wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:53 pm
If it’s so easy answer the fucking question.
Did you forget the US attorney based in NYC was fired recently? Who here was pissing and moaning about investigations? Now Maxwell was arrested. Why didn't the previous US attorney have her arrested?

Answer that question. Crackpot!

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Last time I checked, it isn't a federal prosecutor's job to track down and arrest suspects; that is the job of the FBI, who carried out their job in this case.

And of course, Trump hasn't actually taken any action to replace Berman with anyone yet. His deputy, Audrey Strauss, stepped into the position on an acting basis as provided for by law.

Try again.

-- Author unknown

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Darren wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:45 pm
Econoline wrote:
That's too easy. The arrest, FINALLY, of Ghislane Maxwell is progress. So why did it take so long? Answer that.
Try again. Trump and Barr's plan to get rid of U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Geoffrey S. Berman and to bypass his top deputy and successor, Audrey Strauss, by giving the job of Acting US Attorney for SDNY to Craig Carpenito, the U.S. attorney in New Jersey instead of her. Strauss—who Trump tried to get rid of—is the prosecutor now bringing the case against Ghislaine Maxwell. (Maybe the impending arrest of Maxwell was part of the reason why Trump wanted to get rid of both Berman and Strauss? Just a thought...)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Darren

Post by Darren »

Econoline wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:30 pm
Darren wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:45 pm
Econoline wrote:
Try again. Trump and Barr's plan to get rid of U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Geoffrey S. Berman and to bypass his top deputy and successor, Audrey Strauss, by giving the job of Acting US Attorney for SDNY to Craig Carpenito, the U.S. attorney in New Jersey instead of her. Strauss—who Trump tried to get rid of—is the prosecutor now bringing the case against Ghislaine Maxwell. (Maybe the impending arrest of Maxwell was part of the reason why Trump wanted to get rid of both Berman and Strauss? Just a thought...)
Epstein was arrested almost a year ago. Again, why did it take so long to arrest Maxwell? That was a slam dunk.

Why did Berman let almost a year go by WITH NO ACTION? The fact she was arrested based on stuff in the 90's tells me her arrest was not a priority for Berman.

To arrest her the DOJ had to go with what was known instead of info from a CURRENT investgation.

WHO WAS BERMAN PROTECTING?

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

So Berman gets fired so that investigations of Trump get stopped and Maxwell in the photo above finally gets arrested ???????????????

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

It's actually pretty easy to connect the dots. If Berman was getting too close to something, then best to get rid of him and replace him with Clayton, an ideal candidate because he is a Trump sycophant who doesn't know dick on a stick about being a prosecutor. But they are forced to accept Strauss in an acting capacity until a Senate confirmation. She continues following Berman's playbook, leading to the arrest of Maxwell.

If their plan was to stop an investigation, it backfired because they didn't anticipate Berman having all three of a backbone, the law on his side, and a loyal deputy who would continue his work.

-- Author unknown

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

So let me get this straight, Darren: you're saying that Clayton (whose experience is as a corporate mergers & acquisitions lawyer) or Carpenito (who was appointed by Jeff Sessions and is a buddy and lawyer to Chris Christie) would have been MORE COMPETENT (rather than just more loyal/subservient to Trump himself, personally) as US Attorney for SDNY than Berman or Strauss—both of whom Trump wanted to get rid of. And this is apparently based solely on the fact that Berman and Strauss took longer than you think they should have on the indictment of Ghislane Maxwell.
Why did it take so long to arrest Maxwell?
:shrug Okay...I'll give up and let you enlighten us, based on your vast experience with the Southern District of New York and the inner workings of the U.S. Dept. of Justice. Go ahead.
God @The Tweet of God