There is war in the streets of America tonight

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Darren

Re: There is war in the streets of America tonight

Post by Darren »

When people set fire to an occupied home and then block the fire dept. from responding, I'm not OK with that,

When two lawyers in NYC throw a Molotov cocktail into a police vehicle, I'm not OK with that.

When people run in front of a moving semi pulling a tanker, I'm not OK with that.

When people climb on between a set of doubles pulled by a semi and nfall and get run over, I'm not OK with that either. Since the driver couldn't see the man ...

When people set a court house on fire that may house records like deeds, liens, birth certificates, etc., I'm not OK with that.

When looters beat a woman in front of her store trying protect it, I'm not OK with that.

When people commit arson, I'm not OK with that.

While you're thinking, tell me if there's a correlation between something about the city government and the ongoing destruction.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Drivel wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 11:41 pm
When people set fire to an occupied home and then block the fire dept. from responding, I'm not OK with that,
When two lawyers in NYC throw a Molotov cocktail into a police vehicle, I'm not OK with that. When people run in front of a moving semi pulling a tanker, I'm not OK with that. When people climb on between a set of doubles pulled by a semi and nfall and get run over, I'm not OK with that either. Since the driver couldn't see the man ... When people set a court house on fire that may house records like deeds, liens, birth certificates, etc., I'm not OK with that. When looters beat a woman in front of her store trying protect it, I'm not OK with that. When people commit arson, I'm not OK with that.
While you're thinking, tell me if there's a correlation between something about the city government and the ongoing destruction.
Darren, I'm done thinking.

Now where's your list of things that you are OK with? That might be more insightful.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

dales

Post by dales »

Now where's your list of things that you are OK with? That might be more insightful.
As the late Rodney King opined:

"Can't we all get along?"

Remember him?

The LA riots in 1992?

It seem the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Darren wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 11:41 pm

When two lawyers in NYC throw a Molotov cocktail into a police vehicle, I'm not OK with that.

When people run in front of a moving semi pulling a tanker, I'm not OK with that.

When people climb on between a set of doubles pulled by a semi and nfall and get run over, I'm not OK with that either. Since the driver couldn't see the man ...

When people set a court house on fire that may house records like deeds, liens, birth certificates, etc., I'm not OK with that.

When looters beat a woman in front of her store trying protect it, I'm not OK with that.

When people commit arson, I'm not OK with that.

I notice that
When people set a court house on fire that may house records like deeds, liens, birth certificates, etc., I'm not OK with that
— but when it comes to burning down businesses, you don't say that you're not OK with that.
Oh ... and note the "FREE SHIT" graffiti in one of the windows.  I'm sure that's not something the pawnshop owner put up, but you don't say that you're not OK with that either.
I notice that when it comes to people looting a Target store in Philadelphia, you don't say that you're not OK with that.
Or when it comes to breaking into and emptying a UPS truck, you don't say that you're not OK with that.
Or when it comes to spray-painting "KILL COPS" on buildings and burned-out cars (too many images to pick one and post; just Google "Kill Cops graffiti" and take your pick), you don't say that you're not OK with that.

Says a lot more about what you're for than what you're against.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Who is "Umbrella Man"???

• If I had a hammer
    I'd hammer in the morning
    I'd hammer in the evening
    All over this land...
Is it Pete Seeger? Trini Lopez? Peter, Paul, or Mary? One thing's for sure: he's not a protester protesting police brutality.

He might be a cop, he might not be..."It's none of your fuckin' business!" :arg :evil:
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

He is a vampire. Only vampires use umbrellas in the light of day. He smashed the windows because the reflection only showed an umbrella and gas mask hovering around the building.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Econoline wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:51 am
Who is "Umbrella Man"???
I shouted out
Who killed the Kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

"Gentlemen, get the thing straight once and for all – the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder." — Mayor Richard J. Daley, Chicago, 1968
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Darren

Post by Darren »

This is not war.

"Uncle Hugo’s Science Fiction Bookstore was the oldest independent science fiction bookstore in America, founded in 1974 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. On May 30 the store was attacked by one or more arsonist, and burned to the ground. The event occurred during the ongoing riots which erupted following the murder of George Floyd by police.

It was at about 3:30 on the morning of May 29th or May 30th (we’re uncertain) that the owner of the famed bookstore, Don Blyly, received a call from the store’s security company that something was amiss. When he arrived, he found the store engulfed in flames. Both Uncle Hugo’s and the adjacent store Uncle Edgar’s Mystery Bookstore burned to the ground."

Darren

Post by Darren »

Patrick Underwood was the federal protective officer killed in Oakland.

"A friend who knew Underwood from middle school, but did not want to be identified, released this quote, "Patrick was one of the kindest souls I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. A man full of empathy and compassion whose smile would light up a room. Humbleness and humility were his two greatest assets. The world needs him and more like him,especially in these troubling times.""

Darren

Post by Darren »

This is not war!

"The fire at St. John's Episcopal Church—a house of worship built in 1815 that has been called the "church of presidents"—broke out just before 10 p.m. in Washington, D.C., the Washington Post reports. It was one of a number of fires started throughout the city as peaceful protests during the day became violent."

Darren

Post by Darren »

This is not war!

" (Pittsburgh) Police say that Bartels is responsible for inciting violence and causing the peaceful protests to turn to riots, KDKA's Lindsay Ward reports."

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

You know you've fucked up when you've pissed off the Mennonites.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

"I’d been standing on broken glass outside Brindille, the Michelin star restaurant co-owned by Carrie Nahabedian in the 500 block of North Clark Street. Her beautiful custom-made window had been shattered by a fire extinguisher. The looters left the tablecloths on the tables. But they also left something else for her:

Despair.

“I just broke down,” Nahabedian told me. “I was sickened by what happened to Mr. Floyd, who wasn’t? But then Brindille is attacked? I know it’s just property and just a building and just a restaurant. Thank God nobody was hurt. But it’s our restaurant, it’s my dream, and all the love and care we put into it, and they destroyed it because they could. It’s personal, an attack on everything we stand for.”"

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/ ... story.html

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Coral Gables FL PD:

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Those photos show a glimmer of hope that people are getting the message. Hopefully, it will catch on and cooler minds will prevail.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

And in Camden NJ:

Econoline asks, Who is "Umbrella Man"???
I'm thinking Gene Kelly.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown