There is war in the streets of America tonight

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Darren

Re: There is war in the streets of America tonight

Post by Darren »

"Former Acting Inspector General for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Indicted on Theft of Government Property and Scheme to Defraud the United States Government

A federal grand jury in the District of Columbia returned a 16-count indictment against a former Acting Inspector General for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and a former subordinate for their alleged theft of proprietary software and confidential databases from the U.S. government as part of a scheme to defraud the U.S. government.

Assistant Attorney General Brian A. Benczkowski of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney Timothy J. Shea for the District of Columbia, DHS Inspector General Joseph V. Cuffari and Inspector General Tammy L. Whitcomb for the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) made the announcement.

The indictment charges Charles K. Edwards, 59, of Sandy Spring, Maryland, and Murali Yamazula Venkata, 54, of Aldie, Virginia, with conspiracy to commit theft of government property and to defraud the United States, theft of government property, wire fraud, and aggravated identity theft. The indictment also charges Venkata with destruction of records.

According to the allegations in the indictment, from October 2014 to April 2017, Edwards, Venkata, and others executed a scheme to defraud the U.S. government by stealing confidential and proprietary software from DHS Office of Inspector General (OIG), along with sensitive government databases containing personal identifying information (PII) of DHS and USPS employees, so that Edwards’s company, Delta Business Solutions, could later sell an enhanced version of DHS-OIG’s software to the Office of Inspector General for the U.S. Department of Agriculture at a profit. Although Edwards had left DHS-OIG in December 2013, he continued to leverage his relationship with Venkata and other DHS-OIG employees to steal the software and the sensitive government databases."
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Drivel wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:49 pm
"Former Acting Inspector General for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Indicted on Theft of Government Property and Scheme to Defraud the United States GovernmentA federal grand jury in the District of Columbia returned a 16-count indictment against a former Acting Inspector General for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and a former subordinate for their alleged theft of proprietary software and confidential databases from the U.S. government as part of a scheme to defraud the U.S. government.Assistant Attorney General Brian A. Benczkowski of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney Timothy J. Shea for the District of Columbia, DHS Inspector General Joseph V. Cuffari and Inspector General Tammy L. Whitcomb for the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) made the announcement.The indictment charges Charles K. Edwards, 59, of Sandy Spring, Maryland, and Murali Yamazula Venkata, 54, of Aldie, Virginia, with conspiracy to commit theft of government property and to defraud the United States, theft of government property, wire fraud, and aggravated identity theft. The indictment also charges Venkata with destruction of records.According to the allegations in the indictment, from October 2014 to April 2017, Edwards, Venkata, and others executed a scheme to defraud the U.S. government by stealing confidential and proprietary software from DHS Office of Inspector General (OIG), along with sensitive government databases containing personal identifying information (PII) of DHS and USPS employees, so that Edwards’s company, Delta Business Solutions, could later sell an enhanced version of DHS-OIG’s software to the Office of Inspector General for the U.S. Department of Agriculture at a profit. Although Edwards had left DHS-OIG in December 2013, he continued to leverage his relationship with Venkata and other DHS-OIG employees to steal the software and the sensitive government databases."
Darren, how does this 'cut and paste' news item fit in with the thread topic "war on the streets of America?"

I sense you posted this just to keep yourself and "Doc" visible in this forum.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Atlanta police murdered a black man who stole their (non-deadly weapon, according to them) tazer and was running away from them when they gunned him down. Protesters burned down the Wendy’s that called the cops on the guy for the horrific crime of falling asleep at the drive-thru. Maybe he was drunk? Definitely didn’t need killing. Killer cop is fired and chief of police has resigned while protests have escalated in the city.

Fucking murderous cops are everywhere, just dying to shoot the black man for failing to obey commands.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Darren

Post by Darren »

RayThom wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:19 pm
how does this 'cut and paste' news item fit in with the thread topic "war on the streets of America?"

I sense you posted this just to keep yourself and "Doc" visible in this forum.
You're a smart guy, Ray. I'm confident you'll figure it out at some point.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Wild ass guess. Charles K Edwards is a black man. So everything is OK, the stars are back in the firmament, and these demonstrations will cease instantly once they realize that the white supremacists were right all along.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

We have a winner!

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Darren wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:25 pm
"TAMPA, Fla. - The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is hoping you can help them identify hundreds of looters who broke into a Walmart store and more than $100,000 worth in merchandise.

According to HCSO, it was just after 9 p.m. on Saturday, May 30 when a crowd gathered in front of the Walmart Supercenter on East Fletcher Avenue.
"Not only is this violence completely unacceptable, it was disrespectful to the protesters who were out there that night trying to express their message in an impactful way," said Sheriff Chad Chronister. "We are actively working to identify each and every one of these suspects and ask the public to provide any information they may have.""

https://www.fox13news.com/news/hcso-nee ... h-of-items
As Claude Rains said in 'Casablanca', "Round up the usual suspects."
I'll bet if you get a printout of people who are receiving public assistance you'll have most of the names you need.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Darren

Post by Darren »

Sorry contestant number one! wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:39 pm
We have a loser!

Who's our next contestant, Johnny Jacobs? Don't be shy folks.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:36 pm
Atlanta police murdered a black man who stole their (non-deadly weapon, according to them) tazer and was running away from them when they gunned him down. Protesters burned down the Wendy’s that called the cops on the guy for the horrific crime of falling asleep at the drive-thru. Maybe he was drunk? Definitely didn’t need killing. Killer cop is fired and chief of police has resigned while protests have escalated in the city.

Fucking murderous cops are everywhere, just dying to shoot the black man for failing to obey commands.
Fluck you, BSG, and your "people of color can do no wrong" attitude.  If you were in business, you wouldn't want someone falling asleep in your drive-thru and blocking other customers, or puking all over the restroom, or setting up shop in your dining room for the afternoon sucking off your free wi-fi while nursing a glass of Coke or a cup of coffee.

I'll re-direct your attention to where you wrote "the killer cop is fired and (the) chief of police has resigned."  But that's not enough to satisfy the poor put-upon coloreds — so "protesters burned down the Wendy’s that called the cops on the guy for the horrific crime of falling asleep at the drive-thru".  And just as an aside to point out the ridiculousness of that statement, if it's OK to burn down a restaurant for calling the cops, then why wasn't the store that called the cops on George Floyd and his allegedly counterfeit money looted and turned into a fire-ravaged shell too?

What the hell was supposed to happen?  Stand them up against a wall to face a firing squad?  Haul them down to the city square to face Madame Guillotine?  Welcome back to the Reign of Terror during the French Revolution.  Or maybe the cops should carry tanto blades so that when they fuck up they can commit ritual seppuku to ameliorate their guilt and placate the masses.

And for the record, the cops DIDN'T come in with guns a-blazing.  According the news stories I saw, they roused him and took the time to administer a field sobriety test, which he failed — so maybe he WAS drunk or stoned.  It was then, apparently, that he started to resist and the taser(s) were employed; somehow he got one away from the cops, was running, and then turned to direct the weapon against them.  And while it is considered a 'non-lethal' weapon, you still don't want to get hit by one (and I speak from personal experience), any more than you would want to get sprayed with pepper spray or its predecessor, MACE® (and again, I'm speaking from personal experience).

Did the cops over-react?  From what I read, yes.  Did the 'protestors' over-react?  Abso-fucking-lutely.  And if you think "fucking murderous cops are everywhere, just dying to shoot the black man," may I direct your attention to the Proud Bois, the Boogaloo Brigade, and the other right-wing, white-supremacy, gun-loving Trumpanzees out there who are also itching to use their fancy bang-bangs on someone — black man, white man, illegal immigrant, commies, looters, liberals, it don't matter?  You ain't seen nothin' yet.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Darren

Post by Darren »

"The urgent evacuation of 10,000 people from communities below two failing dams in central Michigan last month prevented the loss of life, but the collapsed dams expelled billions of gallons of water from two large lakes, sending them hurtling downstream in a powerful rush of destruction. Water ripped buildings off their foundations, smashed and twisted roads and bridges, damaged or destroyed an estimated 2,500 properties and triggered fears of contamination as it swept by a chemical plant and hazardous waste sites and submerged downtown Midland — a city of 40,000 people — under 9 feet of water.

The disaster on May 19 and 20 caused at least $175 million in damage, authorities say, and left behind two empty lake beds. The Gorthys and other homeowners who once watched water skiers zip by their doors now gaze out on a soggy moonscape of sand pocked with mangled docks, half-buried pontoon boats and clusters of tree stumps that somehow remained under the water for a century since dams built to generate hydroelectric power first flooded the forest to create the Sanford and Wixom lakes."

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

How does a month-old story about two failed privately-owned dams in Michigan relate to "war in the streets of America tonight"????? :loon

This is the thread about "war in the streets"—not "water in the streets"...
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I was going to ask the same thing. He likes to post things just to see his name next to a long post
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:25 pm
I'll bet if you get a printout of people who are receiving public assistance you'll have most of the names you need.
Based on a white man's inherent racism, or just a hunch?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Darren

Post by Darren »

Econoline wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:59 pm
How does a month-old story about two failed privately-owned dams in Michigan relate to "war in the streets of America tonight"????? :loon

This is the thread about "war in the streets"—not "water in the streets"...
Darren wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:50 pm
Sorry contestant number two! wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Not even close! No winner yet folks!
Who's our next contestant, Johnny Jacobs? Don't be shy folks.

Darren

Post by Darren »

"Ten days after my father, Rabbi Chaim Grosz, of blessed memory, passed away, I received a large manila envelope with a beautiful card inside from a Catholic church in New Jersey. The front of the card had a woman named “Mary Queen of the Missions”. The inside had a preprinted form in which the church was going to say a Perpetual Mass for the soul of Chaim Grosz, his name carefully handwritten.

How could a Perpetual Mass be said for him? My father, a prominent Chasidic rabbi, was born in January 1944 in Hungary. Miraculously, he survived being deported to Bergen Belsen, and when it was liberated 18 months later in April 1945, my father still weighed little more than a newborn. His mother, father, and siblings survived the camps, but they were physically and emotionally broken. Like most of the survivors of the Holocaust, they were unable to return to their homes, and while waiting for legal permission to emigrate, were sent en masse to DP camps (Displaced Persons camps.)"

https://www.aish.com/sp/so/The-Chasid-w ... .html?s=fb

RayThom

There is war in the streets of America tonight

Post by RayThom »

Drivel wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:20 pm
"Ten days after my father,Rabbi Chaim Grosz,of blessed memory, passed away,I received a large manila envelope with a beautiful card inside from a Catholic church in New Jersey. The front of the card had a woman named “Mary Queen of the Missions”.The inside had a preprinted form in which the church was going to say a Perpetual Mass for the soul of Chaim Grosz, his name carefully handwritten.How could a Perpetual Mass be said for him? My father, a prominent Chasidic rabbi, was born in January 1944 in Hungary. Miraculously, he survived being deported to Bergen Belsen, and when it was liberated 18 months later in April 1945, my father still weighed little more than a newborn. His mother, father, and siblings survived the camps,but they were physically and emotionally broken.Like most of the survivors of the Holocaust,they were unable to return to their homes,and while waiting for legal permission to emigrate,were sent en masse to DP camps (Displaced Persons camps.)"https://www.aish.com/sp/so/The-Chasid-w ... hurch.htmx
In the catholic church a perpetual mass is like a tag-team wrestling match. It goes on until the last priest is standing. Father Hulk Halligan in Sarasota is the current PM champion.

OK, Darren, what is the point of this last posting?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I do believe Darren has come down with a severe case of whataboutulism. Take care of yourself, Darren; we're all hoping for a speedy recovery.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

RayThom wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:51 pm
Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:25 pm
Based on a white man's inherent racism, or just a hunch?
Just a hunch, and the viewing of the video showing a sea of black faces flooding into the Wal•Mart.  Yes, I did note a couple of pale people in the mob as well, but this time THEY were the 13%.
-"BB"-

Darren

Post by Darren »

"New year, new face scrub? President Obama has signed into law the Microbead-Free Waters Act of 2015, which bans microbeads, a common ingredient in personal care products. Tiny microbeads have turned out to be a big problem. Here's what you need to know."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carmendrah ... 597e2b7a33

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Darren wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:58 am
"New year, new face scrub? President Obama has signed into law the Microbead-Free Waters Act of 2015, which bans microbeads, a common ingredient in personal care products. Tiny microbeads have turned out to be a big problem. Here's what you need to know."
Darren has apparently gone bug-fuggin' crazy.
-"BB"-