Don't Forget to Take Your Hydroxychloroquine First

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Re: Don't Forget to Take Your Hydroxychloroquine First

Post by Joe Guy »

‘Til so many protesters came
And took off their masks again

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Back with my wife in Tennessee
When one day she called to me
"Covid, quick, come see
There goes the statue of Bobby Lee"
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Now I don't mind coughin' blood
And I don't care if my outlook ain't good
Just give me one ventilator and take the rest
Damn! I never should have taken that covid test

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Oklahoma governor tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after attending Trump’s Tulsa rally

Gov. Kevin Stitt announced on Wednesday that he has tested positive for COVID-19 weeks after attending a campaign rally for President Trump in Tulsa.

During a remote press conference, Stitt said that he tested positive for the disease caused by exposure to the coronavirus on Tuesday afternoon.

"I feel fine," said Stitt, the first U.S. governor to announce testing positive for the COVID-19. "I felt a little bit achy yesterday. I did not have a fever."

Stitt said he is working with contact tracers and will keep working from home in isolation. His wife and children have tested negative, he said.

The Republican governor attended Trump’s controversial campaign rally in Tulsa on June 20. Health officials there said the rally “more than likely” contributed to a surge in coronavirus cases.

“The past two days we’ve had almost 500 cases, and we know we had several large events a little over two weeks ago, which is about right,” Tulsa Health Department Executive Director Bruce Dart said on July 9. “So I guess we just connect the dots.”

At least eight Trump campaign staffers who attended the rally in Tulsa later tested positive for coronavirus, according to CNN.

On the eve of the rally, Stitt downplayed concerns about holding the event amid the pandemic.

"We have been safely reopening,” Stitt said during an interview with Fox News on June 16. “We were one of the first states to start reopening. So, we’re 57 days into our reopening campaign, and we feel like it’s the right time to start reopening. So we’re excited about the president coming.”

Stitt, who did not wear a mask at the rally, said Wednesday that he would not have been contagious before this past Saturday, but it’s unclear how he would know that.

"We need to take this virus very seriously,” he added. “We need to come together and make sure each one of us is doing the best we can to slow the spread."

On Tuesday, Oklahoma reported 993 new coronavirus cases, its highest single-day tally since the pandemic began. Overall, the state has had more than 21,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases, and 428 deaths.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Don't Forget to Take Your Hydroxychloroquine First

Post by RayThom »

Well, Stitt is young by "ventilator" standards but I'm hoping he'll be in need of one in the coming days.

Boneheaded assholes need to learn the hard way.

Clunk.clunk.clunk...

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:12 am
Covid Cain is my name
and I worked on the Tulsa train
Joe Guy wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:34 am
‘Til so many protesters came
And took off their masks again
Joe Guy wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:46 pm
Now I don't mind coughin' blood
And I don't care if my outlook ain't good
Just give me one ventilator and take the rest
Damn! I never should have taken that covid test
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I lack all sympathy for the leaders who get covid19 or die from it; my sympathy is reserved for the naive lay people who are believing the politicians they admire and ending up on vents and in the ground.

I would be cheerful to hear news that Gohmert is hospitalized soon (fingers crossed!), and since he was walking and talking unmasked with Bill Barr on Monday, I sure hope that fat fucking piece of shit with zero respect for the rule of law comes down with the virus too - and I hope he suffers from it enough that he can’t keep working or ever return to work.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

The only thing that bugs me is that the media (well much of it anyway) are treating his failure to wear a mask as the reason he contracted the illness. However, this failure is more insidious, a mask does not protect you, it protects others from you, and he may well have infected a good number of people because of his idiocy; if they want to condemn him for his selfishness, they should point that out. If it was just him dying it would be unfortunate, but he is reaping what he sowed; but when he infects others because he failed to do simple thing to protect them, there is no excuse for it.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I think it's probably more accurate to say (assuming that Cain caught the virus at the Tulsa rally, which is not a certainty, but it fits the timeline) that he died because he encouraged others not to wear masks.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God