Don't Forget to Take Your Hydroxychloroquine First

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
MajGenl.Meade

Re: Don't Forget to Take Your Hydroxychloroquine First

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

That John Bolton's a feisty guy, eh?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

There's nothing more exciting that Seniors MMA.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Boring
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Utter twaddle..
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

What with polls every 5 seconds for the next 4.5 months and this load of shit, maybe he's losing his marbles?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Gob wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:23 am
Utter twaddle..
I don't know - seems convincing. Brad what's-his-name (campaign manager) twitted the following during the run up to the Tulsa (non) event:
Brad Parscale
@parscale
Just passed 800,000 tickets. Biggest data haul and rally signup of all time by 10x.

Saturday is going to be amazing!
I think the 'biggest data haul' wording gives a clue to what he was hoping for.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

What exactly is "twaddle" about it? Someone with expertise in these things is explaining what Trump's campaign team was hoping to gain from getting all those registrations, and how badly they have been screwed by the fact that so much of the data collected is garbage, and that salvaging any good information out of it will prove expensive and time consuming, if not outright impossible. It may not be something that interests you, but, as someone else has observed, it was clearly something that the campaign believed to have been a goldmine that has turned instead into a steaming pile of shit for them to wade through.

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I found it ridiculous — and a difficult read — because the supposedly educated person (and note how he took great pains to 'prove' to us he was indeed someone outstanding in his field) who originally posted this chose to do so on Twatter, 140 characters at a time, instead of finding a real blogsite or something where it could be written and read as the essay it was intended to be.

And then Scooter opted to post it here in the same format — serializing it, if you will — instead of taking the time to put it into a more coherent format.  Yeah, I know, it's quicker and easier to cut-and-paste, but there are still some of us who have an attention span that can be measured by instruments other than stopwatches.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I was not about to transcribe the entire text word for word with my own fingers. There is certainly nothing about the format that makes it difficult to read (the large type alone should be an additional aid for the aging cohort of whiners that is complaining about it). And I have confined the entire series from the original to a single post, which, if it really was as uninteresting as so many people have felt the need to go to the effort of pointing out, made it really easy to simply skip over it.

Perhaps that is what I have been doing wrong here. Instead of simply letting something to which I am not compelled to respond pass without comment, perhaps I should be making the effort each and every time to post in response to let the poster know that what they have posted is not of any interest to me. I'm sure everyone will find that most helpful. and it will make this a much more pleasant environment for everyone here.

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

The sound of knickers twisting in the wind

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:28 pm
The sound of knickers twisting in the wind
I can't imagine they could twist any tighter then that is proven wrong.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

My comments in red.
Bicycle Bill wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:56 pm
I found it ridiculous — and a difficult read — because the supposedly educated person (and note how he took great pains to 'prove' to us he was indeed someone outstanding in his field) who originally posted this chose to do so on Twatter, 140 characters at a time, instead of finding a real blogsite or something where it could be written and read as the essay it was intended to be. I'm guessing that Claire Ryan is a she. That might be sexist of me. In the fourth or fifth Twat she posted one sentence affirming her credentials - hardly 'great pains'. And I think the limit is now 280 and has been for a while. Notice that unlike some users of Twatter she breaks her thoughts down into chunks and doesn't just break when she gets to the limit. That takes a little organizing of the thoughts. I am guessing that she posted it for her 'followers' (I believe I am using the term correctly) who may well expect her to use this form of communication and are used to it. I doubt that she is deeply upset that BB is disconsolate of the choice of medium which is, after all, the message.

And then Scooter opted to post it here in the same format — serializing it, if you will — instead of taking the time to put it into a more coherent format.  Yeah, I know, it's quicker and easier to cut-and-paste, but there are still some of us who have an attention span that can be measured by instruments other than stopwatches. And some of us have a scroll button or equivalent which lets us read the whole thing fairly rapidly.
-"BB"-
I found the whole TikTok (not that I have a clue how that works) thing hilarious; and Ms Ryan has pointed out how it is more than that and possibly quite damaging to the attempt to gather data, So there's that . . .

wesw

Post by wesw »

this will twist them tighter...

https://www.bitchute.com/video/poK18rYZY9Ht/

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

You know, ex-KA, I never for a minute considered the sex/gender of the poster.  I didn't even look at the avatar, because avatars don't mean diddly-squat.  I used the pronoun 'he' as the default, just like I was taught back in grade school in the 1960s and have been doing ever since then.

It's just that some people have their pet peeves, and one of my larger ones is this sudden explosion of social media posting by mostly uneducated persons supplanting "real" news by "real" journalists in "real" media.  It's gotten to the point that some social media influencer could post a tweet saying that "the grass is blue and the sky is green" and within hours their 'followers' would spread it far and wide.

Now of course anyone with even one good eye can verify the truth of that particular bit of nonsense, but what happens when there isn't such a clear-cut distinction?  Real journalists, like we knew back in the 1930s - 1970s, have been replaced by people like wesw and liberty, their internet connections, and their brain-dead sycophantic followers.  And I, for one, think that the fact things have come to this point sucks so hard that it could pull a golf ball through a garden hose.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

dales

Post by dales »

Or suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Now Donald Trump's ENTIRE campaign staff at disastrous Tulsa rally are in quarantine over fears of contact with the eight who already tested positive for coronavirus

All campaign staffers who attended President Donald Trump's rally are being asked to quarantine at home as a precaution after eight staffers tested positive for COVID-19 before and after the event.

The Trump campaign revealed the decision to impose a quarantine in order to contain possible further spread of the coronavirus among those who worked the event to their families and others in the community.

The decision comes after the U.S. Secret Service ordered dozens of officers who worked the event to quarantine upon return to their homes.

'As a precaution staff who made the trip to Tulsa are working remotely, and they will be tested and return working to the office after that,' Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh said, CNN reported.

The White House dismissed concerns about health risks at the rally before it happened. They noted that masks and hand-sanitizer would be available to attendees – but that masks would not be required.

'Look, I think that we are confident that we can operate safely in Tulsa,' McEnany said before the event. 'We’re taking appropriate measures like hand sanitizing and temperature checks and masks being provided at the door,' she said, bristling at repeated questions on the topic. She said she herself would not be wearing a mask at the rally as a 'personal choice.'

The Washington Post reported after the rally that the two Secret Service agents who tested positive in advance of the event did not attend the rally but had been at a Friday planning meeting with other agents.

'No COVID-positive staffers or anyone in immediate contact will be at today's rally or near attendees and elected officials,' Murtaugh had claimed Saturday.

Yet, the Secret Service warned all employees who worked in Tulsa to isolate after they returned from the weekend trip.

The health concerns compound other problems that turned the event into a tactical failure.

Only 6,200 turned up for the 19,000-seat venue, as the area was experiencing a rise in coronavirus cases. The campaign had predicted a record turnout, and both Trump and campaign manager Brad Parscale touted 1 million online RSVPs, only to later say as many as 300,000 were fake sign-ups from TikTok users and K-pop fans who decided to troll the campaign.

Trump brushed off critics of the event, saying: 'We had a nice crowd.'

The campaign has not planned any large-scale rallies in the immediate future. Trump flew to Phoenix for an indoor event at a megachurch Wednesday, and held an event at a Wisconsin factory Thursday.

Meanwhile, Trump trails in key battleground states he won, according to a new New York Times / Sienna poll.

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Herman Cain, a Trump surrogate, tests positive for coronavirus after attending Tulsa rally

WASHINGTON — Herman Cain, a 2012 Republican presidential candidate and businessman, has tested positive for COVID-19 more than a week after attending President Donald Trump's Tulsa rally, a statement posted to his official Twitter account on Thursday.

“There is no way of knowing for sure how or where Mr. Cain contracted the coronavirus, but we do know he is a fighter who has beaten Stage 4 cancer,” the statement said. Cain is currently recieving treatment at an Atlanta hospital.

While there’s no way to pinpoint exactly where he contracted the virus, Cain Trump’s rally in Tulsa on June 20 and posted a photo of himself with others at the event, which showed him without a mask on. The 74-year-old tested positive on June 29, the statement said.

After testing positive for COVID-19 on Monday, he developed symptoms "serious enough that he required hospitalization," and spent the last night in the hospital where he’s been resting comfortably on Thursday, the statement said.

"Mr. Cain did not require a respirator, and he is awake and alert," it said.

Cain, who is an official surrogate for Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign, wrote an op-ed after the rally in which he defended the event, writing, "The media worked very hard to scare people out of attending the Trump campaign rally last Saturday night in Tulsa."

"Yes, there were some empty seats in the nosebleed sections, but 16,000 [???] people in the COVID-19 era is pretty impressive," he wrote.

Since the rally, multiple people who attended the rally have tested positive for the virus, including a journalist and at least two members of the campaign's advance team. In addition, six campaign staffers tested positive hours before the rally as well, but they were not present at the event.

Trump's campaign said in a statement Thursday that Trump did not meet with Cain at the rally.

"Contact tracing was conducted after the Tulsa rally but we do not comment regarding the medical information of individuals," campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh said. "Regardless, Mr. Cain did not meet with the President."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Covid Cain is my name
and I worked on the Tulsa train