Don't Forget to Take Your Hydroxychloroquine First

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Don't Forget to Take Your Hydroxychloroquine First

Post by Joe Guy »

Trump campaign asks supporters to waive COVID-19 liability to attend his rally in Tulsa

WASHINGTON — Supporters of President Donald Trump are being asked to immunize his campaign from COVID-19 liability claims if they want to attend his next campaign rally.

“By clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present,” the online registration form for the public says. “By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.”

The BOK Center is the large indoor arena in Tulsa, Okla., that will be the site of the June 19 Trump reelection campaign rally, the first for the president since the coronavirus pandemic has dominated the public’s attention. ASM Global manages the venue.

The White House and congressional Republicans are focusing on including limitations on liability for coronavirus-related claims in any economic aid package. It was not immediately clear how that might apply to political campaigns.

As the media advisory for the campaign rally was reaching inboxes Thursday, Surgeon General Jerome Adams was appearing at a roundtable discussion with Trump and other senior administration officials in Dallas.

Adams, a member of the White House coronavirus task force, was continuing to urge limiting interactions with strangers. Coronavirus case counts continue to rise in many states, including Texas.

Adams spoke about the progress on vaccines and other treatments for COVID-19, but he said the crisis is not over.

“As we reopen, the basic public health recommendations we’ve emphasized remain important,” Adams said. “We flattened the curve, but that doesn’t mean that COVID has gone away, that it’s any less contagious, that it’s any less deadly to vulnerable communities.”

“The more we can keep distance between people, especially people we don’t know, the harder it is for this virus to transmit,” Adams said.
source

I am hoping Trump will catch COVID-19 at the rally. It would be a very positive thing for our country.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Don't Forget to Take Your Hydroxychloroquine First

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Here's hoping this blows up in Trump's face almost as bad as the "non-disclosure agreement" that SNL comic Pete Davidson wanted his fans to sign back in the fall of 2019 did.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I heard today that the attendees are driving to Tulsa from a number of surrounding states - could turn out to be a real superspreader event.

Trump is truly just evil incarnate.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

At some point Indiana apparently mandated that all health care workers have to be covid tested. They announced over our app that my company was testing all workers. I got dressed and went in to work, since I can walk a bit in a shoe, and asked to be tested. My logic was why not get it done, if I test positive I will be able to self-quarantine for the required amount of time. After visiting with co-workers and shooting the breeze I went to get the nose poke. Now mind you, the poke is expensive. I read online it costs $1000-$1200 dollars for the test. The accuracy is not particularly spectacular. So I may test positive, but actually be negative, or I may test negative and actually be positive. MY insurance will be charged for this as the company is not about to shell out for this like they do our annual mantoux test. I asked if it would matter if I was off another month, a real possibility, with respect to the timing of the test. I was told that no, timing did not matter. I was thinking that this was all nonsense. I might test negative today and be coughed on in a week and carry the illness after a negative result. To be truly effective, we would have to be tested routinely, perhaps weekly. That would cost insurance companies millions. No way is it going to happen. This being the thought, wearing masks and not going out where you want is probably fairly pointless. I am a good citizen though and wore my probably pointless mask to the grocery store after my nose poke.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:53 am
I am a good citizen though and wore my probably pointless mask to the grocery store after my nose poke.

Yesterday I drove by a restaurant that has outdoor dining and saw four people at a table and a waiter taking their orders. All of them were probably under 30. Nobody was wearing a mask, including the waiter.

I'm afraid that as time passes - along with the influence of all of our president's retarded statements - the worst is yet to come. A lot of people are going to think, "Well, I haven't got sick yet so I don't need to be that careful."

In the meantime, being in the risky group, I need to worry about getting killed by a virus attack at the grocery store.

Here lies Joe Guy,
Grocery shopping is what caused him to die.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’m sure there is pickup service where you live - or even delivery. If you’re really worried about it - it’s usually very inexpensive.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Pence Says Oklahoma COVID-19 Cases Have 'Flattened' — 2 Days After Record Jump

Vice President Mike Pence insisted Monday that Oklahoma’s COVID-19 cases have “dropped precipitously” and “in a very real sense they’ve flattened the curve” — just two days after the state posted a record high in daily new cases.

Pence blatantly misrepresented the facts as he addressed concerns about President Donald Trump’s plan to lure thousands of people into a stadium in Tulsa, Oklahoma, for a political rally Saturday even as COVID-19 cases rise alarmingly and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continues to warn of the serious risk of contagion in large gatherings.

Trump also claimed in an appearance with Pence at the White House that Oklahoma has a “very low number.” The vice president is joining Trump at the rally.In the actuality, Oklahoma reported 225 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, its highest one-day total in the pandemic, to reach 8,000 confirmed cases statewide. Tulsa County, where Trump will hold the rally, reported 89 new cases since Sunday — its largest single-day figure since the state’s first COVID-19 case on March 6.

Cases have been trending sharply upward since a week ago. Tulsa County’s seven-day rolling average for COVID-19 cases has risen from 24.9 cases on June 7 to 51.4 as of Friday, according to state statistics.

A concerned Dr. Bruce Dart, director of Tulsa’s health department, told the Tulsa World newspaper Friday that the city is experiencing a “significant increase in our case trends.”

COVID-19 “is here in Tulsa, it is transmitting very efficiently,” he warned. “I wish we could postpone this [rally] to a time when the virus isn’t as large a concern as it is today.”

Dr. Ashish Jha, director of Harvard’s Global Health Institute, called Trump’s rally “an extraordinarily dangerous move for the people participating” — as well as for everyone with whom they may come in contact afterward.

Registration for the rally on Trump’s campaign website includes a legal disclaimer that the president is not responsible if those attending contract COVID-19 at his event.

-- Author unknown

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

I'm not sure what the difference is between a "surrogate" and just a special kind of maskless idiot at the Tulsa Corona Fest. Here is a list of surrogates who will supposedly be in attendance.
https://donaldtrumpcampaign.cmail20.com ... AE616D4B3C

Note that the "my pillow guy" is among them.

Yesterday the KS dept of health came out with a warning that anyone who has been to Arkansas, Alabama or Arizona should quarantine for 14 days when coming to Kansas. I don't think it's enforceable, more like a suggestion. Can Oklahoma be far behind?

And why are they picking on "A" states? Just the top of the list?
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:53 am
At some point Indiana apparently mandated that all health care workers have to be covid tested. They announced over our app that my company was testing all workers. I got dressed and went in to work, since I can walk a bit in a shoe, and asked to be tested. My logic was why not get it done, if I test positive I will be able to self-quarantine for the required amount of time. After visiting with co-workers and shooting the breeze I went to get the nose poke. Now mind you, the poke is expensive. I read online it costs $1000-$1200 dollars for the test. The accuracy is not particularly spectacular. So I may test positive, but actually be negative, or I may test negative and actually be positive. MY insurance will be charged for this as the company is not about to shell out for this like they do our annual mantoux test. I asked if it would matter if I was off another month, a real possibility, with respect to the timing of the test. I was told that no, timing did not matter. I was thinking that this was all nonsense. I might test negative today and be coughed on in a week and carry the illness after a negative result. To be truly effective, we would have to be tested routinely, perhaps weekly. That would cost insurance companies millions. No way is it going to happen. This being the thought, wearing masks and not going out where you want is probably fairly pointless. I am a good citizen though and wore my probably pointless mask to the grocery store after my nose poke.
My mother in law died last month and I had to go to Puerto Rico last month for the funeral (an ordeal in many ways); at the airport they did a temperature screen and health interview by the national guard of every person entering; they also offered a blood test for anyone who wanted it (recommending it to all persons returning from the states) and said results were available in 15 minutes. I haven't looked into this test, but I thought blood testing was replacing the nasal swab because of the skill involved to do the swab correctly (training is required, but any phlebotomost can draw blood); given the broad base offered for the test (anyone who wanted it), I doubt the cost was anywhere near the $1000+ you quoted. Maybe it's not as good?

I presume it's an antibody test, possibly quantitative which could be used to identify whether one has an active infection or was previously exposed, but such tests are used routinely; I recall getting a tuberculosis tine test every year in school which pretty much gave the same sort of results.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I presume it's an antibody test, possibly quantitative which could be used to identify whether one has an active infection or was previously exposed, but such tests are used routinely; I recall getting a tuberculosis tine test every year in school which pretty much gave the same sort of results.
Unfortunately the words 'antibody test' can be confusing in this context. It can either mean a test for antibodies - i.e., you were at one point COV positive and you now have antibodies and we hope some level of immunity - or it can mean a test using artificial antibodies to detect the presence of whatever it is you are looking for. These are usually termed ELISA - enzyme linked immunosorbent assay. ELISA tests for the SARS-CoV-2 entity - the virus, not the antibody to the virus - are the most common rapid test because in some formats they can be done in minutes. Most ELISA tests I am familiar with - and I have never used them for virus testing - cost in the region of $10 to $50 a pop and because there is minimal labor involved maybe double or triple that commercially.

The other technique most commonly applied is PCR (polymerase chain reaction) which is used to test for DNA or RNA (for viruses - very few viruses carry DNA but some do). PCR is pretty reliable and commonplace nowadays - and automated =and it's hard to imagine why a PCR test should cost more than maybe $200.

$1000 a time - someone is profiteering.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Don’t know where that figure comes from - LabCorp and Quest, the two largest USA lab chains, cite the cost of PCR testing as between $95-$200.

However in rooting around on the web I did find a few articles discussing price gouging for covid19 testing - engaged in by private insurers because the federal government, in the CARES ACT, agreed to cover the cost of covid19 testing. These instances of gouging need to be reported to one's federal elected officials and to the state insurance regulator. It’s profiteering, plain and simple - at best the cost of PCR testing shouldn’t exceed $500 if one stretched to include a site visit charge and PPE for the individual administering the test.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Andy--we generally called the rapid tests, and in addition to ELISA assays, there are also direct readout assays which use latex beads or colloidal gold to create a direct readout as opposed to having to run an enzyme assay to get the result (common direct readout assays include over the counter pregnancy tests). However, in this case, I do think the antibody testing is for circulating antibodies, as I have not heard of an assay to detect antigen in blood (my guess is that it is not at a sufficient concentration to permit these sort of tests to be used). As for detecting viruses, I was part of teams in the early 90s that developed such rapid tests for varicella zoster (chicken pox/shingles) and hepatitis C viruses (the latter was especially useful in blood banking and had to be cheap and fast to permit screening of all collected blood).

wesw

Post by wesw »

I believe that trump already had c0r0na.

he was very sick f0r a few days

y0u c0uld see it at his pressers.

slightly bef0re it became nati0nal news, abut a week after the Chinese trade delegati0n left.

I m fairly certain that we had it, me first, in January.

I was sick with a fever and dry cugh few abut 5 days, then it g0t in my chest

I was scared t0 g0 t0 sleep f0r 0ne night because my chest hurt s0 bad when I breathed and I was breathing s0 shall0wly.

I stayed up until I passed 0ut fr0m exhaustion.

the next day and night were rugh t00 but better.

it was s0 bad that I alm0st went t0 a d0ct0r..., alm0st/

then the c0ugh turned pr0ductive, the fever went, m0stly, it came and went anyway, and I c0uld breathe again

it 00k an0ther week 0r tw0 t0 feel better

my family g0t sick ab0ut tw0 weeks after me, but less severely, I 0nly have 0ne lung left and it is bad....

bad stuff, but we ll all have s0me immunity s00n en0ugh, 0r we will die fr0m it...

it ain t g0ing away..., it s here..., but viruses tend t0 mutate t0ward being weaker 0ver time

it ain t the Spanish flu

it seems t0 kill the same peple that the flu d0es, except that pe0ple usually have at least s0me immunity t0 the flu

we ll be 0kay..., with this 0ne anyway....

Winnie the p00h gave us the flu

me Chinese, me play j0ke, me put pee pee in y0ur c0ke

just 0bservati0ns

live free 0r die, right?

the quarantine has been cancelled, due t0 lack 0f interest.

civil unrest is the real threat

watch h0w many rally g0ers get attacked.

will 0klahma burn?

s0me pe0ple are trying t0 start a civil war, and y0u guys seem t0 be right there with them, 0r at least have been f00led.

antifa are fascist

BLM is racist

but y0u guys seem t0 be 0n there side.

baffling

y0u d0n t seem t0 support anything in the bill 0f rights anym0re

we have c0mplied with all the rules f quarantine, m0stly, because we c0nsented

we wanted t0 be resp0nsible and smart

it s 0ver

s0 many lies, s0 many false statistics, s0 much bullshit fr0m the experts

g0vern0rs became tyrants.

liberty trumps safety

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

And there I thought we'd not reach the apex of sickness until September. But wesw proves me wrong again!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

You missed a couple of 'o's, Wes. Exhaustion and support.

Y0u're getting careless on y0ur 0ld age, wes.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

dales

Post by dales »

Joe Guy wrote:
Yesterday I drove by a restaurant that has outdoor dining and saw four people at a table and a waiter taking their orders. All of them were probably under 30. Nobody was wearing a mask, including the waiter.
San Mateo County should shut this dump down, they are breaking the law.

Those miscreants in RWC (even though it is the county seat) should not get a free pass.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato