Poll: Should the FISA court be shut down?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!

Should the FISA court be shut down?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:14 am

1,Yes, the federal government has demonstrated they can’t be trusted with such power.
40%
2. No, the court will only target conservatives.
No votes
3. Other, see comment
60%

Total votes: 5

liberty

Poll: Should the FISA court be shut down?

Post by liberty »

I failed to add this to the relevant post, so I am doing this post now:
Should the FISA court be shut down? There is danger involved without having the ability to spy on potential threats; they would have an easier time operating in the US. But freedom is worth the loss of some life.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Re: Poll: Should the FISA court be shut down?

Post by Scooter »

"This poll was created by a moron" wasn't an option, so I couldn't vote.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:14 am
Should the FISA court be shut down? There is danger involved without having the ability to spy on potential threats; they would have an easier time operating in the US. But freedom is worth the loss of some life.
I dare you to visit the relatives of those who died in the Murrah Building in OKC, or at the World Trade Center during the 9/11 attacks, or anyone else who has lost loved ones due to domestic terror incidents, whether caused by home-grown nutjobs or agents of foreign powers, and tell them that.  If you're lucky, they'd only cut your balls off and give them back to you sliced very thin, like deli ham or salami.

Or better yet, when the time comes that some life must be lost, maybe you could offer yourself as one of these 'sacrifical lambs'.

And just in case you still weren't clear on my position, my response is 'OTHER'— because Scooter makes a valid point here as well.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Yes, totalitarian countries with unlimited police power are "safe", as long as you're ok living in an open-air prison.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:29 am
liberty wrote:
I dare you to visit the relatives of those who died in the Murrah Building in OKC, or at the World Trade Center during the 9/11 attacks, or anyone else who has lost loved ones due to domestic terror incidents, whether caused by home-grown nutjobs or agents of foreign powers, and tell them that.  If you're lucky, they'd only cut your balls off and give them back to you sliced very thin, like deli ham or salami.

Or better yet, when the time comes that some life must be lost, maybe you could offer yourself as one of these 'sacrifical lambs'.

And just in case you still weren't clear on my position, my response is 'OTHER'— because Scooter makes a valid point here as well.
-"BB"-

Come on Bill, isn't that the same line gold star parents have been given forever (whether the "fight" their children were killed in was for freedom or not (and most likely not))?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:29 am
liberty wrote:

-"BB"-

I would not say that someone who had just lost a loved one in such case people have a hard time being objective; I know I have lost many people I love.

"Or better yet, when the time comes that some life must be lost, maybe you could offer yourself as one of these 'sacrifical lambs'."

I have already done that; I could have chosen a safe career field in the air force; but instead, I gave my recruiter the power to place me where ever I could do the most good for the war. It was my aptitude test that put me in the AC&W Radar AFSC. I could have ended up in E.O.D.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.