Your Vote Down The Toilet -or- Dems Have No Humor

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
dales

Your Vote Down The Toilet -or- Dems Have No Humor

Post by dales »

Official: Toilet display mocking mail-in voting is a crime

Sep. 19, 2020

MASON, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan resident's apparent joke showing disdain for voting by mail is no laughing matter for one election official.

The resident put a toilet on their lawn with a sign that says, “Place mail in ballots here.”

Barb Byrum, the Democratic clerk of Ingham County, filed a complaint with police over the display, saying it could mislead people who aren't familiar with the voting system.

“It is a felony to take illegal possession of an absentee ballot,” Byrum said Friday.

“Elections in this country are to be taken seriously and there are many people who are voting by mail for the first time this election,” she said.

Police told the AP that the complaint is being investigated.

President Donald Trump has repeatedly warned that voting by mail could lead to fraud and spoil the election, making distorted claims that elections officials fear could cause anxiety and confusion among voters.

It's the “safest way to vote during the pandemic,” Byrum said.

She didn't identify the person who lives at the address. The lawn also has a sign that calls for the recall of Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

No one answered the door Friday night, the Lansing State Journal reported.

More than 2 million Michigan voters could cast absentee ballots after changes in election law. Separately, a judge on Friday said absentee ballots postmarked by Nov. 2 can be counted if received within 14 days after the Nov. 3 election.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

TPFKA@W

Re: Your Vote Down The Toilet -or- Dems Have No Humor

Post by TPFKA@W »

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

If someone is stupid enough to put their ballot into a toilet on someone's front lawn, I think that's prima facie evidence that they are not mentally competent enough to be allowed to vote in the first place.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Seconded Bill, and I'm ripping off your quote for FB.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Will Trump experience the flush of victory?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I have frequently said what we have is a choice between evil and stupid. And that is especially true in my state.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »