Louisville locked down

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Jarlaxle

Re: Louisville locked down

Post by Jarlaxle »

They should all get a year in maximum security's general population, with "BAD COP" branded on their faces.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

A deprivation of rights resulting in death can result in a life sentence in federal prison. I hope they get life; they took the life of an entirely innocent and entirely good citizen, simply because they wanted to pad their numbers. I’ve worked with drug task force cops and they are some of the worst cowboys on the bad cop cowboy ranch. Fuck the four of them and thank you Merrick Garland.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

From the piece that Scooter quoted:
The action caps a federal investigation that looked at how police obtained the search warrant for Taylor's apartment, something a prior state investigation by Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron's office did not pursue. Cameron has said that aspect was part of the Justice Department's work.
It seemed to me from the beginning that once the 'no-knock' warrant was issued and acted on, the results were almost pre-ordained. As I have said, you try and break down the door in the middle of the night in most houses in my nice white-ish neighborhood, you will be greeted with gun fire.

AG Cameron did not pursue that aspect of the disaster? And he wants to be governor of KY? (He has certainly announced his intention - the election will be in November 2023. He is TFG's endorsed client and he was also on Trump's list of potential candidates for SCOTUS. We have, in this reddest of states, a D Governor and then Rs all the way down. That is largely because even most Rs admit that the prior Governor, Matt Bevin, was a total fucking asshole.). Unless there is some legal reason which is not transparent to me why that is a federal not state issue.

Had this not ended in tragedy we would never have known about the lies used to obtain the warrant. Allegedly, of course. You wonder how often it happens and in fact is SOP for the police.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

There is no legal reason, he’s just the typical gutless bootlicking prosecutor who refused to hold those cops accountable for their lies and how those lies led to an unlawful killing.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

That is the intent of those warrants. They WANT people there. They WANT to kill someone.