I've Changed My Mind About Trump

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
MGMcAnick

Re: I've Changed My Mind About Trump

Post by MGMcAnick »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:52 am
Prepare yourself. We're about to be told to try a Drano enema and/or suck start a shotgun.
One of my cousins is a retired plastic surgeon. Probably made more money in a year than I've ever made in 20. He did his internship at Ft Sam Houston in San Antonio. The Air Force (we) paid for his education. It doesn't matter what branch of the service one is in, Ft Sam Houston is where much medical training is done. It's also where many horrid burn victims and those in need of serious plastic surgery are taken. Not all are servicemen.

I got to tour a ward of wounded soldiers and others. Got to may be the wrong term. Some were truly beyond help. Think about it. Someone tries to suck start a shotgun. The barrel is a little long. They lean back to reach the trigger. The blast takes off their upper jaw, nose, both eyes, and maybe some frontal lobe. At least they'll never have to see themselves. If they could, they'd really wish they could finish the job. Being blind, they'll have a hard time finding another gun.

It's one of those things I'll never be able to unsee.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MGMcAnick wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:13 pm

It's one of those things I'll never be able to unsee.
Terribly sad. And now something I'll never be able to unthink.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:23 am
Darren wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:41 pm
I'll up my bet to $500 that Trump is reelected. You can bet any amount up to the $500. If Trump loses I'll send you the check made out to your choice of charity. If you lose make the check out to the NRA-ILA.
Jarlaxle wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:02 pm
Make it JPFO instead of the NRA and I'll do it.
You support Trump but you're willing to bet that he will lose the election?
It's no-lose...I will happily donate to JPFO.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Today I took a 125 mile roundtrip into rural Pennsylvania to purchase some fresh cauliflower and cabbage. I knew of a roadside stand near the Conestoga River where I could purchase these things that had been on the ground growing a hour earlier. Nice scenic drive was the real justification. Here in Northern Delaware there are many political signs in yards and at road intersections but almost always for local contests. Biden or Trump signs are actually rare. Perhaps because both sides think it is already set in this state. When I got into the countryside in PA, this was just reversed. Lots of signs and nearly always for the presidential race. Large majority were for Trump. I saw only four signs for Biden. But I did also see one sign that was just delicious. In the same style, colors, type face, as the Trump signs but it said: Any Functional Adult. Also there was one yard in Pequa PA that a featured Trump sign, and an even bigger sign that said 'Dump the Masks." And a similar sign that said "Arrest Bill Gates" No indication as to what the criminal complaint should be against Mr. Gates.

snailgate

wesw

Post by wesw »

you guys are sick, I remember why I left now.

not the same without jim anyway

bye

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:44 am
you guys are sick, I remember why I left now.

not the same without jim anyway

bye
Before you leave, may I suggest you read ex-Khobar Andy's post here?
After that, if you still think we're all sick here, then by all means. The door is over there; don't let the knob hit you in the ass on the way out.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

It would seem Sleepy Joe has changed his mind about who he is running against...

Joe Biden last night seemed to forget who the president was, noting that he was fighting against 'four more years of George.'

Addressing supporters online, during a virtual concert to drum up enthusiasm, the 77-year-old sat next to his wife Jill.

'Four more years of George, er, George, er, he - we're going to find ourselves in a position where, if Trump gets elected, we're going to be in a different world,' said Biden.

Jill appeared to remind him under her breath: 'Trump,' as Biden faltered over such an elementary fact that it is the classic question asked of confused patients: 'Who's the President?'

Many speculated that he was thinking of George W. Bush, president from 2001-09, but he may also have been thinking of George H.W. who was in office from 1989-93.

The blunder will once again raise questions about the 77-year-old's mental capacity - a topic President Donald Trump has repeatedly referenced in the run-up to the election.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

What a load of bullshit; anyone over 40 knows that moments like that happen to very bright, very capable people with ZERO cognitive issues of substance. Why would anyone even try to make an issue of that after seeing him in the debates and town halls? He’s clearly perfectly competent.

Frankly I would’ve voted for my 93 year old grandmother over Trump if I’d had the option - a good hearted person with occasional memory lapses would be light years better than this evil pile of excrement who relishes causing pain to anyone who doesn’t love him.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

^^^What she said.

(Meanwhile, Trump seems to think he's running against Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders or Hunter Biden or Robert Mueller or Anthony Fauci or Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or Gretchen Whitmer or...?)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

He also seems to think he's running against THE CURRENT PRESIDENT (whoever that might be... ;) )
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

My dad has called me by my brothers name my entire life.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

I am going with George Steinbrenner. He and Trump got nationally famous at about the same time as brash, outspoken New York based businessmen, and both had a similar look and were easy to parody.

dales

Post by dales »

Crackpot wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:18 pm
A boy named Sue?

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

dales wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:21 pm
Crackpot wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:18 pm
A boy named Sue?
Think David Allan Coe:

You never even called me
Well, I wonder why you don't call me
Why don't you ever call me by my name

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Gob wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:47 am
It would seem Sleepy Joe has changed his mind about who he is running against...

Joe Biden last night seemed to forget who the president was, noting that he was fighting against 'four more years of George.'

Addressing supporters online, during a virtual concert to drum up enthusiasm, the 77-year-old sat next to his wife Jill.

'Four more years of George, er, George, er, he - we're going to find ourselves in a position where, if Trump gets elected, we're going to be in a different world,' said Biden.

Jill appeared to remind him under her breath: 'Trump,' as Biden faltered over such an elementary fact that it is the classic question asked of confused patients: 'Who's the President?'

Many speculated that he was thinking of George W. Bush, president from 2001-09, but he may also have been thinking of George H.W. who was in office from 1989-93.

The blunder will once again raise questions about the 77-year-old's mental capacity - a topic President Donald Trump has repeatedly referenced in the run-up to the election.
It's called dementia...

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

So here’s the context all these stories left out - he’s being interviewed by and answering a question from GEORGE Lopez. AND he says Trump right after where the tape is cut short to make him look as bad as possible.

I can’t even count the number of times - before I ever had medical issues that caused cognitive issues - where I said the name of the person I was talking to instead of the person I was talking about. That’s a totally normal phenomenon that happens to folks of ALL ages. Brains are quirky things.

By the way, stutterers stutter because their brains work faster than their tongues. They’re very often brighter than average people.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

'Sleepy' Joe Biden was caught napping twice during a rally in Michigan on Saturday, missing his cue to appear on stage and then forgetting his mask as he walked off it.

The 77-year-old was speaking at a rally in Flint alongside Barack Obama when he suffered the 'senior moments', just the latest in a series of gaffes that have dogged his presidential run and raised questions over his mental capacity.

The first came as Obama had just finished warming up for his old Vice President, and tried to welcome him to the stage by shouting: 'My friend, the next President of the United State of America, Joe Biden!'

But Biden was nowhere to be seen, prompting Obama to shout for him again.

Eventually Biden emerged, jogging over to the stage from a nearby school building as Obama tried to get the crowd - who were confined to their cars as a Covid precaution - fired up, shouting: 'Honk if you're ready!'
After three calls from Obama, Biden eventually appeared and jogged up to the podium.

After three calls from Obama, Biden eventually appeared and jogged up to the podium

Several more awkward seconds passed, as Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder - who performed at a different Biden rally that day - began playing over the loudspeakers.

During the rally itself, Biden also appeared to stumble over the word 'healthcare' while lining up a shot at the newest member of the Supreme Court - a Trump nominee - Amy Coney Barrett

'Donald Trump thinks health care is a privilege, Barack and I think it's a right to have badakathcare,' he said.

He fumbled again at the end of the rally, as Obama returned to the stage wearing a facemask and the two waved to the crowd before going off together.

Biden - who was wearing a mask as he emerged before removing to speak - appeared to forget he hadn't put it back on as he departed.

Obama stopped him at the top of the stage steps and said a few words him, after which he jogged back to the podium in search of the face covering.

After about 20 second of fumbling, Biden eventually found the face covering - which was in his pocket, not on the podium - and put it back in place

Gob

Post by Gob »

Biden made an embarrassing gaffe during his final pit stop on election day as he introduced his granddaughter Finnegan as his late son Beau Biden, then called her by her cousin Natalie's name, before finally correctly introducing Natalie as Beau's daughter to a crowd of supporters in Philadelphia.

'This is my son, Beau Biden who a lot of you helped elect to the Senate in Delaware,' he said as he put his arm around Finnegan's shoulder.

He then continued with the slip-up by calling her Natalie and saying she is Beau's daughter. Natalie, 16, is Beau's daughter while Finnegan, 20, is actually the daughter of Biden’s other son Hunter.

'This is my granddaughter, Natalie,' Biden continued, before saying: 'No wait, we got the wrong one.'

He then finally put his arm around Natalie's shoulder, who was standing close by, and said correctly: 'This is Natalie, this is Beau's daughter.'

The latest gaffe from Biden, who suffers from a stutter, came as he addressed a large crowd of supporters in Philadelphia just hours before the polls close.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

And the sleeper cells of voters have squashed his chances by saying “no demented Joe”!