2020 Election results

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Long Run

Re: 2020 Election results

Post by Long Run »

He would have been better off staying in the man cave.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Thank you RBG wherever you are!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

As Fox News host Tucker Carlson noted on Thursday night, he’s more than willing to give airtime to outlandish claims. “We literally do UFO segments,” he said.
But even Carlson said he was fed up with the total lack of evidence produced by Sidney Powell, one of the Trump campaign’s attorneys, for her unfounded allegation that electronic voting systems had switched millions of ballots to favor President-elect Joe Biden.

“We invited Sidney Powell on the show. We would have given her the whole hour,” Carlson said. “But she never sent us any evidence, despite a lot of requests, polite requests. Not a page. When we kept pressing, she got angry and told us to stop contacting her.”

Carlson also noted: “She never demonstrated that a single actual vote was moved illegitimately by software from one candidate to another. Not one.”
Tucker Carlson bashes Trump attorney Sidney Powell for lack of evidence in fraud claims: ‘She never sent us any’

Because of her association with such a perversion of American democracy and such a manifest fraud on the courts, it’s hard to have any respect for this person.

That said, I have just read some reviews of the book and will look for it in my library network. I am certainly of the opinion that many prosecutors are deeply flawed human beings and among the most dangerous people in our legal system, so I have little doubt I will find much in her book that resonates with me.

However, this in no way exonerates 45*; just because some prosecutors in the DOJ are corrupt doesn’t mean he isn’t just as corrupt - quite a bit more so, in fact.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Darren wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:58 pm
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *gasp* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!1 *whew!*

Sidney Batshit-Fox-TV-Lawyer Powell??? Sidney It's-Okay-for-Mike-Flynn-to-Lie-to-the-FBI-and-the-Court Powell?? That Sidney Powell?

Well, if there's a book "by" Sidney Powell called License to Lie, she is certainly an authoritative source!

A week ago Sidney Powell promised she would "release the Kraken" and provide "staggering" evidence of massive voter fraud. Might have been a good idea to do that sometime before getting Trump's lawsuits dismissed for, y'know, complete lack of evidence (also lack of standing and lack of any actual coherent legal theory). But you go girl!
GAH!

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

[double post; my eyesight is really going!}
GAH!

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

[okay, it's not my eyesight, it's my brain.]
GAH!

Darren

Post by Darren »

Supreme Court assignments for circuit courts as of 11/20/2020

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/circ ... ments.aspx

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Darren wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:24 pm
Supreme Court assignments for circuit courts as of 11/20/2020

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/circ ... ments.aspx
Is that supposed to mean something? If you have something to say, say it.
GAH!

Darren

Post by Darren »

What would cause the election results to require Congress to select the president and vice president?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

A coup engineered against the clear will of the people of the various states as expressed by the recent election. Any more questions?

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Why Republican voters say there’s ‘no way in hell’ Trump lost

I read this article a few hours ago and it has me feeling so utterly . . .
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Darren

Post by Darren »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:44 am
Why Republican voters say there’s ‘no way in hell’ Trump lost

I read this article a few hours ago and it has me feeling so utterly . . .
I don't find that necessarily surprising. We had two terms with Obama and nothing unseemly happened.

Life will go on no matter who is finally adjudicated as president.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

And, of course, how many hail Mary's did the Democrats try to overturn the result in 2016, with the rank and file earnestly believing each effort would succeed? Not accepting the obvious is a bi-partisan failing.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Long Run wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:01 pm
And, of course, how many hail Mary's did the Democrats try to overturn the result in 2016, with the rank and file earnestly believing each effort would succeed? Not accepting the obvious is a bi-partisan failing.
The audits and lawsuits will have to play out. Otherwise there will always be questions. The process has started. Have faith.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Long Run wrote:
I don't know, how many? The 2016 recounts were initiated by Jill Stein, not Clinton; Clinton conceded on election night; and as far as I recall there were exactly 0 lawsuits filed by the Clinton campaign seeking to overturn the electoral result in any state. And Trump lost PA, MI & WI in 2020 by substantially greater margins than did Clinton in 2016. Do you know something different?
GAH!

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Also, Obama publicly congratulated Trump the day after the election, and the next day after that met with him in the White House to discuss the transition. Please refresh my memory about the number of Hail Marys* the Democrats tried.

*(I mean, besides the actual Hail Mary prayers said silently by Catholic Democrats.)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Darren

Post by Darren »

Sue U wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:02 pm
Long Run wrote:
I don't know, how many? The 2016 recounts were initiated by Jill Stein, not Clinton; Clinton conceded on election night; and as far as I recall there were exactly 0 lawsuits filed by the Clinton campaign seeking to overturn the electoral result in any state. And Trump lost PA, MI & WI in 2020 by substantially greater margins than did Clinton in 2016. Do you know something different?
I need to see the proof like everyone else. I'm seeing numerous reports. Until the incidents are proven, they're supposition.

Given the diversity and number of incidents, affidavits, etc. that's a lot of smoke for no fire.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Long Run wrote:
Help us here LR - my memory is failing. Yes some of us felt aggrieved that the popular vote was obviously for HRC but I don't recall any attempt to overthrow the result. Stein called for a recount in Wisc (if memory serves) for some reason best known to herself.

Let's face it: Ds had won six of the last seven elections (popular vote) by 2016 and we were faced with the real prospect - which turned out to be what happened - of SCOTUS taking a hard right turn against the clear will of the people. We're going to start 2021 with 7 out of 8 election wins and 6 - 3 against on SCOTUS. John Roberts has the appearance of occasionally having a conscience but Alito / Thomas / Kavanaugh / Gorsuch not so. We'll see with Barrett.

And BTW I recall a Fox News segment a few weeks ahead of the 2000 election where they were suggesting (because this was what the polls were indicating) that Gore might have the gall to declare himself the victor even though he had the majority of the EC votes but a minority of the popular vote. They were appalled by this possibility.