100 years coming

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

100 years coming

Post by BoSoxGal »

C8F3DD6B-3501-4E1D-8B8F-8E2F7A160D6E.jpeg
6806D67E-7AB1-4928-A5BC-6D50450D0121.jpeg
Congratulations, ladies!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: 100 years coming

Post by Econoline »

:ok
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

A huge milestone.
ECC3D01A-EE90-4420-9E30-23496F037926.jpeg
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I'm not a fan of Kamala but she's the new VP so she deserves credit. As I've said before though, if I were Biden I wouldn't accept any food or drinks from her. Once he moves into the White House, maybe Biden should add an official taster to his staff.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

And 60 years coming:

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Seriously?  Celebrations and dancing in the streets because Kamala Harris is the first female to become Veep?  That's no better than saying "Congratulations, so-and-so, because you're the first person with polydactylism to be elected to office."  The one has very little to do with the other.

Surely there must be other — and better — reasons to congratulate our new incoming vice-president than the fact that she was born without a penis.
(and just for the record, it might be worth noting that no one had a chance to vote for or against her specifically, but she was part of a two-person package.... once the DNC selected her as Biden's running mate at the convention, she was along for the ride no matter what happened from that point on)
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

We did it 41 years ago, for the top job not second choice. (And again four years ago.)
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Thanks Meade, for remembering that women have governed the kingdom well for centuries. (Other kingdoms, too!)

I do prefer a leader chosen, rather than born.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Yes: for the past 183 years we have had six sovereigns: four kings (52 years between them and one of them was less than one year) and two queens (131 years).
Per BSG:

I do prefer a leader chosen, rather than born.
I'm not disagreeing; but there is something to be said for the idea of a head of state and a head of government being different people.

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:16 pm

I'm not disagreeing; but there is something to be said for the idea of a head of state and a head of government being different people.

We also had two female prime minsters....