Apologize bullshit

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!

Does this country need a political divorce?

1. yes
No votes
2. no
67%
3. other, see comment
No votes
4. not at this time, see comment
33%

Total votes: 3

BoSoxGal

Re: Apologize bullshit

Post by BoSoxGal »

Right it was Bill Clinton who did that and the 9/11 commission pointed to it as a likely factor in the intelligence failings preceding that tragedy.

So a decent human being in the White House would do everything to be facilitating a transition pending any stupid legal gamesmanship- which seems to be ending soon with all the lawyers quitting. (You know you’re low when the lawyers abandon you!)

Of course a decent human being would have conceded and urged national unity under the incoming administration. This person isn’t decent; now more than ever we can see that we are all hostage to the madness of a malignant narcissist.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

There are at least two significant differences between the the situation in 2000 and now: (1) there was only ONE state necessary to flip the Electoral College from one one candidate to the other, and now Trump would have to flip at least THREE of the swings states; and (2) more importantly, Florida's statewide certified vote count showed only a 537 vote difference between Bush and Gore (at the time of liberty's linked article there were still more than 10,000 uncounted votes)—a number which could, realistically, have been changed by the (unfinished) recount.

If there were currently a difference of <1000 votes in at least *THREE* of the states Trump is contesting, yes, there would be a legitimate case that Trump could still win. There isn't...and that's that. To quote a famous loser, "It is what it is."

ETA: according to lib's linked article, Clinton was at least willing to create a "transition coordinating council" which is more than Trump has done — with a much less likely chance of winning the Electoral vote than Gore had at the time.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Seeing the title of this thread I thought it might be about the Trump tweet where he accused James Blalock of voting in Georgia while, inconveniently, being dead.

Of course as we all know Mr Blalock's widow had registered to vote, as many people of her generation did, as Mrs. James E. Blalock, Jr. and signed her name accordingly when she voted.

So the president directly accused someone of voting illegally. I did think that this might be evidence of some sort of conscience.

Silly me.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Joe Guy wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:28 am
When was Al Gore president?
ASSHOLE you
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

liberty wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:53 pm
ASSHOLE you
?That me call you did why

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

He was trying to write "Asshole U", which is his alma mater.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Hey we assholes take offense to that.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Speaking of wee assholes, who was Teddy predicting?

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts