The Democratic Party Might Be Due For Some Changes

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Guinevere

Re: The Democratic Party Might Be Due For Some Changes

Post by Guinevere »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:09 am
The constitutional right to privacy means that the government cannot intrude into your bedroom to tell you whether or when to use contraception, or how to have sex or with whom you may have sex (as consenting adults); nor can it intrude into your doctor's office to dictate your healthcare choices; nor can it observe you or listen in to your conversations in settings where people would have a reasonable expectation of privacy.
Sue, well that yes, Of course. Super conservative values there. A person's home is its castle and so on. :lol: I have been desperately under the weather for two days; dry cough, temperature, aching bod, fear of the lurgy. Yesterday Doc le Roux decided it wasn't, which is a relief and I'm loaded down with medicaments and unguent, including some delicious codeine-infested cough syrup. Definitely crabby.
That was me asking, not Sue.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Guinevere wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:32 am
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
The constitutional right to privacy means that the government cannot intrude into your bedroom to tell you whether or when to use contraception, or how to have sex or with whom you may have sex (as consenting adults); nor can it intrude into your doctor's office to dictate your healthcare choices; nor can it observe you or listen in to your conversations in settings where people would have a reasonable expectation of privacy.
Sue, well that yes, Of course. Super conservative values there. A person's home is its castle and so on. :lol: I have been desperately under the weather for two days; dry cough, temperature, aching bod, fear of the lurgy. Yesterday Doc le Roux decided it wasn't, which is a relief and I'm loaded down with medicaments and unguent, including some delicious codeine-infested cough syrup. Definitely crabby.
That was me asking, not Sue.
Thank you, Guin. Yes, but my reply was to Sue quoting her re privacy. Apologies for not crediting you with wondering if I was cranky etc. :D
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

You cranky? How could we tell? :nana

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

And yet, in the USA Society I was socialized in, it is a conservative value (traditional family value!?) to prohibit sexual congress without benefit of clergy and many other sexual activities. It is 'conservative' to promote binary gender activities of adults based on a a hasty, superficial examination at time of birth. Now, it seems to be that most of the USA wants everything as "one side of the coin or the other' No consideration of nuance or even that it is not a heads-or-tails-coiin, may be a 12-sided polygon or even a sphere with no side.

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Doc le Roux
You don’t mean Dr. Rieux?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:37 pm
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Doc le Roux
You don’t mean Dr. Rieux?
:lol: how appropriate is that! But no, le Roux is our doc here.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Dr. Rieux. I missed that. Good one. :D

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Dr. Leroux's tonics can always be found in my medicine cabinet.....
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?