What’s the Manchurian candidate been up to

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

What’s the Manchurian candidate been up to

Post by BoSoxGal »

these last few weeks? Not just golfing and pouting.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Re: What’s the Manchurian candidate been up to

Post by TPFKA@W »

European countries as a whole should have been doing these sorts of things for themselves in the first place and I am sure they are more than capable of doing so eliminating any future issues such as this when our next fascist wannabe is elected.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

@W, I'm sure that we weren't doing this merely as a favor or a service to our European allies.  The Joint Chiefs, the CIA, and any other unit of authority within our own military was also undoubtedly reviewing the material gathered by "Open Skies" because, let's face it, WE'D probably like to have some idea as to what Russia and other 'unfriendly' nations like China and North Korea were up to as well.

And we can't rely exclusively on Google Earth satellite shots.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

The sad thing is that entry (and, therefore, exit from treaties) is a Congressional, not a presidential power, but the courts usually decline to intervene claiming the issue where this was raised is a political question. Democratic and Republican presidents have done this, but I would love to see the SC rule that Congress must approve any withdrawal (you'd think all these strict constructionists would adhere to the wording of the constitution), but I doubt it. The last time I recall the SC sidestepped it was with Carter (although there may have been other examples later).

liberty

Post by liberty »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:52 pm
these last few weeks? Not just golfing and pouting.

The Manchurian candidate is Biden; after all, Manchuria is a part of China, and it is Biden and the so-called democrats who want to help China become dominant and rule the world. I will wait and see, but I do expect that Biden will be sucking Chinese dick and kissing communist ass. I hope I am wrong, and it all is just politics, and our rights and freedoms are safe, but I fear that is not the case; time will tell.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

liberty wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:06 am
it is Biden and the so-called democrats who want to help China become dominant and rule the world. I will wait and see, but I do expect that Biden will be sucking Chinese dick and kissing communist ass. I hope I am wrong, and it all is just politics, and our rights and freedoms are safe, but I fear that is not the case; time will tell.
I'm really, honestly curious where you you got the idea that Democrats are pro-China. :shrug
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Trump was/is afraid of Putin and I wouldn't be surprised if he made deals with China to benefit himself. Where did you get the idea that Biden and the democratic party want China to dominate and rule the world? That really sounds kinda stupid.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Considering it was a Democratic administration that spearheaded the Trans Pacific Partnership, intended to provide a strong counterweight to China in the Pacific Rim, and that it was the Trump administration that pulled the U.S. out of it, thus significantly hamstringing its ability to act as said counterweight, it's more than a bit asinine to claim that Democrats want China to rule the world. Oh, wait, it is the village idiot speaking, so asinine goes without saying.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

liberty

Post by liberty »

Econoline wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:44 am
liberty wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:06 am
it is Biden and the so-called democrats who want to help China become dominant and rule the world. I will wait and see, but I do expect that Biden will be sucking Chinese dick and kissing communist ass. I hope I am wrong, and it all is just politics, and our rights and freedoms are safe, but I fear that is not the case; time will tell.
I'm really, honestly curious where you you got the idea that Democrats are pro-China. :shrug
Biden’s son is owned by the Chinese; and, Biden will l submits to the communist in his party. He wouldn’t want his son to have a fatal accident. A theory is just a theory; I could be wrong. Let see if he takes things back to the way they were with the Chinese.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

What an imagination; a few too many B movies, I think.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

liberty wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:58 am
Let see if he takes things back to the way they were with the Chinese.
Do you mean before all the ruination caused by 45*’s insane tariffs in his trade war with China which has only hurt USA?

Farmers have killed themselves and whole families devastated; there’s no going back to the way things were.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Big RR wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:54 pm
What an imagination; a few too many B movies, I think.
Brutal, Big RR. It wasn't intended that way. The all-Chinese cast was great :lol:

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:49 pm

And people complain about a black James Bond. :lol: :shrug :roll: :lol:
GAH!

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Aren't something like 0.5% of us descended from Genghis Khan? So Omar Sharif here is Everyman.