How to know when the insurrection starts.

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!

How many have read the book Unintended Consequences?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4

Darren

How to know when the insurrection starts.

Post by Darren »

It's not when the media misapplies the term. The incident at the Capitol was not an example of insurrection.

How about the Nashville bombing? Was that the start of the insurrection? AFAIK, the bomber hasn't been identified with any political stance. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The old joke is never ask an engineer what time is it. They'll tell you how to build a clock. So here's how the insurrection clock gets built. But first some background.

The book is largely irrelevant as a cookbook to create an insurrection for many reasons with one exception. Wiki has a synopsis if you're interested. If you're someone who believes the folks toting black guns in public spaces is a factor I'll explain why focusing on them and AR15s misses the real potential.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Scooter

Re: How to know when the insurrection starts.

Post by Scooter »

No one is interested in anything you have to say until you prove that you paid your debts.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

When did you become the spokesman for Plan B, Scooter?

Do you have a crystal ball? I don't. I do have a weird ability to connect dots that's baffled and amazed people in the past when the impossible became reality.

That's pissed off construction superintendents. Amazed architects, thrilled environmentalists, and stunned coworkers along the way. Doc was a big help in recognizing that I'm autistic in an odd way. While you may feel safe in Canada, residents here in the states are preoccupied with the media's current misguided reporting.

How many believe the federal government is universally competent? The FBI, Federal Bureau of Incompetence, keeps swinging and missing if they swing at all.

A partial record includes:

The Tylenol killer

Ted Kaczynski

Whitey Bulger

Anthony Quinn Warner

Mohamed Atta, Marwan al-Shehhi, and Ziad Jarrah

Nikolas Jacob Cruz

I suspect there's many, many more.

Even the Fusion Centers established after 9/11 miss the point by thinking if you look for needles in all of the haystacks an actionable picture will emerge and another 9/11 will be prevented. The FBI was given the needle on a silver platter and fucked up. Same in several other incidents.

We live in an age when we expect new technology to provide ever more access and ability.

We miss the fact that's the icing on a cake that was made with ingredients starting before the last century.

Meanwhile people are shitting their pants over the half billion firearms in private hands. Especially the poodle shooters the testosterone challenged favor for public show and tell.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Darren wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:38 pm
I do have a weird ability to connect dots that's baffled and amazed people in the past when the impossible became reality.
Oh bitch please.
GAH!

Darren

Post by Darren »

Sue U wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:17 pm
Darren wrote:
I do have a weird ability to connect dots that's baffled and amazed people in the past when the impossible became reality.
Oh bitch please.
Please? Sure!

Tell me what you know about cadwelding for starters.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Sue U wrote:
Darren wrote:
Oh bitch please.
BTW, the lawyer that you helped me bankrupt made a memorable statement when she was deposed.

"I never thought it would come to this."

I'm wondering what the chances are of others on this forum thinking something similar if a real insurrection starts ... and continues.

Here's a hint. It won't be initiated by people who waste time on social media. Nor will it be those who pose in public with AR15 poodle shooters despite what some would have you believe.

That rifle behind every blade of grass isn't the problem.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Darren wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:41 pm
Sue U wrote:
Darren wrote:
Oh bitch please.
Please? Sure!

Tell me what you know about cadwelding for starters.
Darren--it sounds like you stole that from Trump--you know, the uber genius and his great natural ability to understand and make connections in science; you know, the type of ability that amazes people. And I fail to understand what cadwelding has to do with the discussion on insurrection, but perhaps you can explain; my guess is it has as much as an understanding of how to screw people through the bankruptcy law has to do with an understanding of epidemiology or climate science.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Big RR wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:20 pm

Darren--it sounds like you stole that from Trump--you know, the uber genius and his great natural ability to understand and make connections in science; you know, the type of ability that amazes people. And I fail to understand what cadwelding has to do with the discussion on insurrection, but perhaps you can explain; my guess is it has as much as an understanding of how to screw people through the bankruptcy law has to do with an understanding of epidemiology or climate science.
I'm glad you brought up climate science. The fear associated with that may make an insurrection more probable.

I know you've heard the phrase "food desert". The phrase "energy desert" has just been used for the first time in a new context.

You read it here first. Just as food sources are missing in some urban areas think of energy in the same way.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

You don't have to be Edgar Cayce to predict localized energy shortages will happen in the future.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Big RR wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:01 pm
You don't have to be Edgar Cayce to predict localized energy shortages will happen in the future.
California is the current poster child for that. Between the state and PS&G's deliberate lack of maintenance they are where they are.

NYC and the state are next up with the ban on fracking and the closure of Indian Point.

I'm not talking about an energy shortage.

We're used to next day deliveries and JIT supplies. The issue is the nineteenth century birthed infrastructure that enables our civilization.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Seven years ago. Has the FBI found them?

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/ ... ubstation/

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

You tell me; was the FBI even involved in the investigation? I don't see that they were.

ETA:

Oh, apparently they were and ruled it wasn't any sort of terrorist attack

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article ... 746785.php

Darren

Post by Darren »

I thought they investigated potential acts of domestic terrorism. Maybe they were too busy looking for a stolen Super Bowl jersey.

For further discussion this is a transformer used to connect the generator of a power plant to the switch yard which connects to the "grid". While the photo was taken overseas, the same Schnabel cars are used in the US to transport similar transformers.

At large power plants a transformer is required for each phase. In the 70's those cost about $1,000,000 and took a year before shipping from the Westinghouse plant in Muncie, IN. They're not off the shelf items.

dales

Post by dales »

California is the current poster child for that. Between the state and PS&G's deliberate lack of maintenance they are where they are.
Are you referring to PG&E?

They did indeed drop the ball.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I thought they investigated potential acts of domestic terrorism.
Read the link; they concluded it was not terrorism. You know differently.? Maybe you should contact the FBI and give them the evidence.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Big RR wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:30 pm
I thought they investigated potential acts of domestic terrorism.
Read the link; they concluded it was not terrorism. You know differently.? Maybe you should contact the FBI and give them the evidence.
I wish I was as self-assured as you. From my pov a federal agency's criteria is meaningless when infrastructure is destroyed.

Darren

Post by Darren »

dales wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:02 pm

Lots of utilities have dropped the ball. You just don't know it. Add in government mandates, as in California, and you have something potentially very ugly.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

dales

Post by dales »

Darren wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:25 am
dales wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:02 pm

Lots of utilities have dropped the ball. You just don't know it. Add in government mandates, as in California, and you have something potentially very ugly.
OH I donno, I enjoy living in CALIFRORNIA in spite of its perceived shortcomings.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I agree with dale. But I think people from other states should stay away from here. It's dangerous to those who aren't experienced Californians. It's filled with liberal censoring evil techies who will use the internet to turn you into a communist.