Trump's Grand Finale....

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: Trump's Grand Finale....

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Post by Gob »

Big RR wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:49 pm
I saw this on Saturday Night Live last night. It's from last month (I didn' see the episode), but it's pretty clever and shows what idiocy Trump and his followers are fomenting:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live ... ax/4280677
Not available here. But having seen more than sufficient idiocy from Trump and the Trumpanzees, I can live without it.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

So it's been censored? :shock:

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

That was funny, BigRR! Not sure how I missed it first run but glad you posted it here.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I agree; I thought it was extremely clever, and really showed how stupid the Trump campaign leaders and Trump supporters are.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I just read an alarming piece this morning on how FOX is doubling down on insanity and purging the newsroom in response to the ratings drop off post insurrection, which the news side covered with the horror befitting the event.

FOX and ilk are a scourge on democracy, but I’m not sure how we fix the toxic environment it has created over the past couple decades. The Murdochs must be psychopaths to care so little for the impact of their legacy on society.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Just a reminder that everyone is welcome to join in my long-standing contempt and loathing for Rupert Murdoch (which now extends to his execrable spawn, Lachlan and James):
Sue U wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:48 am
Oh, and speaking of "you" and "Faux Newz," Aus has a lot to answer for, having not suffocated Rupert Murdoch in his crib.
Sue U wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:45 am
There will also be lunch with News Corp boss Rupert Murdoch
Hope she brought enough strychnine.

Alternatively, she could just choke him to death with her bare hands.
Sue U wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:00 pm
I am certain that stabbing Rupert Murdoch in the throat at their meeting would improve Ms. Gillard's polling immensely.
Sue U wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:10 pm
Rupert Murdoch
Again, Australia has a lot to answer for. If this isn't a casus belli, I don't know what is.
ETA, also too:
For all of the right-wing media's talk about the dangers posed by immigrants, "I think Rupert Murdoch is the most dangerous immigrant in America," longtime Republican strategist Stuart Stevens says. "He's a classic example of somebody who never assimilated American values. If he understands America, he profits off the appeal that he doesn't understand it."
https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/202 ... merica.cnn
GAH!

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

rubato

Post by rubato »

Sue U wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:28 pm
Just a reminder that everyone is welcome to join in my long-standing contempt and loathing for Rupert Murdoch (which now extends to his execrable spawn, Lachlan and James):
Sue U wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:48 am
Oh, and speaking of "you" and "Faux Newz," Aus has a lot to answer for, having not suffocated Rupert Murdoch in his crib.
..."

It's not like they lacked the means having most of the worlds deadliest snakes, spiders, sea creatures, &c. And the worst drunks as well.

I think it's a case of contracting with the devil and getting a ripe old deal out of it.

yrs,
rubato