Well, Pardon Me!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Well, Pardon Me!!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Were you a Trump supporter?
Not sure if anything you might have said or done (or not done) may come back to bite you?
Or is there just some other skeleton or two hiding in your closet that you'd hate to see someone drag out into the open?

Not to worry!!   Just click here, which will bring up a .pdf file; then just follow the instructions to be able to insert your own name and crank out your own "Stay Out Of Jail Free" paperwork.  For full effect, though, I recommend printing it out on some better-than-average paper — watermarked if at all possible — or vellum.

I especially like the fact that it is dated January 19th, which is more than likely the same day that Agent Orange will probably thank and then pardon his own henchmen as well as himself.  And the final line, about sending donations to a bogus re-election in 2024 fund/website, is an inspired — yet truly Trumpian — touch as well.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Re: Well, Pardon Me!!

Post by BoSoxGal »

He can’t pardon state crimes.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:59 pm
He can’t pardon state crimes.
I know that, you know that, and most anybody else who's been paying attention when the subject of Trump pardoning himself was brought up knows that as well.  I'm also sure that if you closely compare the 'seal' as shown on the 'pardon' with either the Presidential seal or the Great Seal of the United States you will also find a couple dozen other things you could nit-pick if you wanted to.

It's just a joke.  Sort of like the 'doctorate', similar to this, that I've got hanging on my wall right now.
(of course, I 'earned' mine back in the early 1980s)
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

You had to explain to her it was a joke.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

No, I didn’t need explanation of the obvious spoof pardon certificate.

But even a spoof should meet the bare minimum bar of basic accuracy, imho. To my mind and I’m sure plenty of others, little details like factual context make such things funnier.

Believe me I have a very healthy sense of humor, which is why I bother with your posts, Gob.

ETA: I miss that it says future crimes too - also not accurate.

So I guess the real joke of the certificate is not just to have a foolish fake pardon on your wall, but really to laugh at the utter idiocy of Trump supporters that facts don’t matter and the law doesn’t apply to them. Oh ok, I get it.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:55 pm

But even a spoof should meet the bare minimum bar of basic accuracy, imho. To my mind and I’m sure plenty of others, little details like factual context make such things funnier.

Laughable, really laughable, :lol: :lol: :lol: Please don't think everyone is as dumb as you.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Gob wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:49 pm
BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:55 pm

Laughable, really laughable, :lol: :lol: :lol: Please don't think everyone is as dumb as you.
Oh thanks so much Gob, it’s just the sorting I need to be called dumb and put in my place by such a learned and enlightened fellow as you.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

Indeed.