And the award for the best shade throwing goes to...

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
MajGenl.Meade

Re: And the award for the best shade throwing goes to...

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Gob wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:49 pm
But what does it all prove? That someone, somewhere, made a post, probably in good faith and with good intent, but used the wrong names? I don't think it's really front page news.
They didn't use the wrong names. They simply did not use the woman's name at all. She is credited as "and his wife" - that's it.

And who said it was front page news? Maybe it should be, so that dinosaurs don't keep on glossing over work, effort and very identify of women.

Who here was saying something about "Oooooohhh I bet it was Stephen's money so why is she whining?"
Cripes - she's published 8 novels and 2 non-fiction books. Her estimated net worth is 20 million US dollarettes. Why would anyone persist in refusing to allow that she has earned the right to be pissed that the couple's donation of 1.25 million is credited to Stephen King "and his wife"?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

She should quit complaining or maybe change her name to Andis Wife.

Gob

Post by Gob »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:19 pm

They didn't use the wrong names. They simply did not use the woman's name at all. She is credited as "and his wife" - that's it.
Yep, no big deal really. Like "Lot and his wife" in the bible.
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:19 pm
Why would anyone persist in refusing to allow that she has earned the right to be pissed that the couple's donation of 1.25 million is credited to Stephen King "and his wife"?
Nobody has denied her the right surely?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:26 am
eddieq wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:20 am
hillarfreedomfries.png
Just because the idiots on the right did it doesn’t make the idiots on the left ok for doing the same.
Not the point - she’s pointing out the hypocrisy.

The whole “cancel culture” thing is bullshit regardless of which “side” claims it. Consumers have made decisions about purchases based on their own ethical choices for decades, or even longer.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

She could kick his ass from here to Mars, and I'd pay admission to watch.

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Tucker Carlson is in the same class as Ted Cruz. He is a political whore who has no balls and appeals strongly to gullible retards..excuse me...malleable mentally challenged people. Unfortunately, there's a lot of them and many probably vote.

Fortunately, the democratic party knows how to win presidential elections because they figured out how to tamper with voting machines by using lasers from satellites in outer space (they learned that from the Jews) and they've also figured out how to change mail-in ballots. I know this because I've read it on the internet.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Where is the recruiting office--I want to join!

And Amy McGrath, can you give more details about delivering kids while on active duty? Since pregnancy is not an illness, I know you did not report on sick call.

snailgate

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Burning Petard wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:58 am
Since pregnancy is not an illness,
snailgate
45 years ago, when it was probably legal to discriminate on the basis of sex, I distinctly remember the local school board refusing to buy health insurance that would cover pregnancy. They stated that pregnancy was a "self inflicted illness". That's exactly how the local paper phrased it. They backed down during the next year's contract negotiations when threatened with a lawsuit.
My contract paid $7800 that year, and could easily have had a pregnant wife. No wonder I quit.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I come out of a military experience that would court-martial you for getting a bad sunburn. If the Army wanted you to have a child, you would be issued one.

But pregnancy is not an illness. It is a medical condition, which if not monitored carefully, can produce serious harmful medical consequences.

If you regard it as an illness, please inform me of any other 'illness' which is joyfully announced after diagnosis.

snailgate

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, but women are no longer discharged from the military because they get pregnant. There are deferrals of deployment, other modifications to duty and provisions for leave, but they remain active service members. See, for example, this amended deferment policy which makes obvious that women remain in service all the way up to, through and after delivery.

-- Author unknown

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Just noting here that employment discrimination on the basis of pregnancy has been specifically illegal under federal law since 1978 and as a result pregnancy is essentially treated as a temporary disability.
GAH!

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Sue U wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:21 pm
Just noting here that employment discrimination on the basis of pregnancy has been specifically illegal under federal law since 1978 and as a result pregnancy is essentially treated as a temporary disability.
If my memory is correct, the school board's edict was for the 1976-77 school year. The fact that it was legal back then doesn't mean it was right.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

MGMcAnick wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:09 pm
Sue U wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:21 pm
If my memory is correct, the school board's edict was for the 1976-77 school year. The fact that it was legal back then doesn't mean it was right.
It was at least arguably illegal as discrimination "on the basis of sex" under then-existing (since 1964) federal civil rights law (see, e.g., Ruth Bader Ginsburg's life's work), but as of 1978 it was specifically outlawed by the federal Pregnancy Discrimination Act.

Sorry, I didn't really mean to get all pedantic in a largely humorous thread. So here's a joke:

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Smell-mop.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Sue--smell mop? That's an old one. :lol:

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:35 pm
Sue--smell mop? That's an old one. :lol:
That may be, but i can assure you there are millions of 6-year-olds who have never heard it before.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I think even Cartman may have said it on South Park.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Should have posted that in Dad jokes.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown